ADVERTISEMENT

Radio Broadcast ?

Chad Rock

Junior
Jul 12, 2004
For those who attend games and listen to Tom and Jeff on 98.1 or 630, I’m assuming that all radio now is iHeart related and internet based with a delay? For years, I have listened to them in real time but the 2 games I attended (Mizz and yesterday), there was a full minute delay from the action on both stations. Don’t want to pile on what turned out to be another miserable game at CWS but now it looks as if we can’t even enjoy that aspect of a live football game. Just wondering if others experienced the same?

If your listening on the internet there will always be a delay. You would need an old school radio to get the signal directly from the Lexington station broadcasting it.

This is a known issue. They now upload thru the Iheart system via satellite then over the air to radio. The old couple of second delay is a thing of the past. They do know it's an issue, but nothing can be done honestly unless they stop the satellite uplink....it's an iheart issue...

When I listen to 840 in NKy - 630's signal strength sux - it's about 30 sec ahead of the internet TV stream. How far that's behind real time I don't know. That said, I didn't bother to suffer the issue yesterday after Q1.

For those who attend games and listen to Tom and Jeff on 98.1 or 630, I’m assuming that all radio now is iHeart related and internet based with a delay? For years, I have listened to them in real time but the 2 games I attended (Mizz and yesterday), there was a full minute delay from the action on both stations. Don’t want to pile on what turned out to be another miserable game at CWS but now it looks as if we can’t even enjoy that aspect of a live football game. Just wondering if others experienced the same?
Football broadcast on 98.1 Sat. Was 25 seconds behind live action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT