ADVERTISEMENT

Quick interview by Darius Miller...

That was a pretty cool interview. Wonder why the interviewer was so specifically interested in Austin Rivers on that one question. It was a good question. I definitely saw it coming that Rivers would end up playing for his Dad. He was definitely not ready for a mans game when he entered the league. His Dad saved his career, no doubt.

I always liked Darius he was the glue guy that did whatever whenever to help the team, good luck in Germany Darius, one of my old stomping grounds:beer:

Funny how nowadays whenever players discuss the adjustment from the NBA to Euro style they always mention how much more physical the play is in Europe, because I remember back in the 80 and 90s it was completely the opposite: back then the view was that Euro players who came here were soft and unprepared for the more physical NBA style.

Those early 00s rule changes to get rid of the hand checking and body checking really did dramatically change the way the NBA game is played, more so than most fans realize. Those old bruisers like Rick Mahorn and Charles Oakley would be close to worthless in today's NBA, they'd foul out in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT