ADVERTISEMENT

Quaysheed Scott commits to Kentucky

Offer list is pretty terrible, BUT staff liked him because of his speed. I'll take it and he'll probably pick up better offers now.
Yeah, I’m not going to link the article from TOS I read about his commitment, but we are far and away his best offer.

That said, I’m fine with the staff taking a chance on one or two unheralded, under the radar prospects. They’ve shown they know how to evaluate talent.

Yeah, I’m not going to link the article from TOS I read about his commitment, but we are far and away his best offer.

That said, I’m fine with the staff taking a chance on one or two unheralded, under the radar prospects. They’ve shown they know how to evaluate talent.

Especially when he was evaluated at a UK camp by this staff. It isn’t like they were just offering based on game film where the competition can make him look better than he is.

If they timed him in the 40 and it was 4.4 hell yes you give a kid with his family football history a committable offer
That was a laser 40 time so it’s legit. He ran a 4.3 timed 40 at So Carolina camp. Kid has legit speed. Not sure why he hasn’t had better offers. Probably will get them in his senior football season.

Offer list is pretty terrible, BUT staff liked him because of his speed. I'll take it and he'll probably pick up better offers now.
Idk brother, I feel like this was the backup plan for Cam Keys. Absolutely sucks that we lost another good one to Missouri. I’ll say this again though, I fully trust our staff and they have more than proven their selves so let’s get it! Welcome Mr Scott!!!!

Seems like he has good genetics and speed. I don't want a lot of recruits that seem like they're flying under the radar. However, the staff has earned our trust to take what seems like a reach. They have done pretty well with evaluating and developing kids.

Plus, how many times were we someone's first big offers and then other schools started offering? I'm not saying that is or isn't going to happen. However, I'm taking the wait and see approach and will be optimistic.

If he is really quick out of the gate but doesn’t maintain a really high backend, wouldn’t it still be reasonable?

Even if the other listed times seem slow, isn’t a 4.4 forty to a 11.17 fairly realistic in the scenarios described above?

Spent a career around athletics, coaching football, track and a little wrestling. 4.3 over 40 yards just doesn't produce 11+ second 100m. Saw multiple kids run 10.5 100m and would legit run 4.4-4.5 40s. Take for example UK WR, BBrown runs a 4.3, but also ran a 10.2. Kid could easily run 4.3 40, but that 100m time would be well below 11.

Reactions: C.W.S.pipesealer
I'm guessing he's somebody that needs skills development to go with his physical attributes such that they see him as a '24 RS & a significant contributor in '26+.
That may have been a good plan before the portal but these kids wanna play now. Will he come here and sit for 2-3 years before he actually plays? Who knows. But we took a chance on a similar type prospect last year in Jakob Dixon, whom many thought was a reach, and he lasted one week.

Would we be better off keeping the scholarship and spending it on the portal for a proven kid? I don't know.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
That may have been a good plan before the portal but these kids wanna play now. Will he come here and sit for 2-3 years before he actually plays? Who knows. But we took a chance on a similar type prospect last year in Jakob Dixon, whom many thought was a reach, and he lasted one week.

Would we be better off keeping the scholarship and spending it on the portal for a proven kid? I don't know.
If a kid comes to Kentucky but never plays & hits the portal early the options he will have are gonna be shit awful. Unless they were a former 5*. Ask Mike Drennan. Or Joel Williams. Did Tae Crumes find anywhere to take him?!?

So, realistic choices for 3 star guys - stay, get high level development in top of the line facilities, earn a spot in the rotation as an upper classmen. Or leave, and beg MAC or CUSA team for a roster spot.

Cause there ain't legit P5 teams who want guys who weren't good enough to play at Kentucky. Tell me if I'm telling lies!

Guys have left, and are gonna leave. We can use the portal to fill our roster & plug holes among the best in CFB. There's a reason the roster is 85 but you can bring in 25+ a year.

I have no idea but I wonder if this was a recruit in order to get someone else on the team.

If a kid comes to Kentucky but never plays & hits the portal early the options he will have are gonna be shit awful. Unless they were a former 5*. Ask Mike Drennan. Or Joel Williams. Did Tae Crumes find anywhere to take him?!?

So, realistic choices for 3 star guys - stay, get high level development in top of the line facilities, earn a spot in the rotation as an upper classmen. Or leave, and beg MAC or CUSA team for a roster spot.

Cause there ain't legit P5 teams who want guys who weren't good enough to play at Kentucky. Tell me if I'm telling lies!

Guys have left, and are gonna leave. We can use the portal to fill our roster & plug holes among the best in CFB. There's a reason the roster is 85 but you can bring in 25+ a year.
I get what you're saying. I'm just asking if this guy is a project piece, would we be better off holding the scholarship for a known, proven piece from the portal? I don't know.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Especially when he was evaluated at a UK camp by this staff. It isn’t like they were just offering based on game film where the competition can make him look better than he is.

Think he also camped at other sec schools. Like at SC 2x as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT