ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A: Kash Daniel talks about future of UK football

I have a feeling the gym is going to ignite because he is going to put on the CATS hat. He knows he can come to UK and Stoops will get him to the NFL. Then he will be set for life.

Reactions: jnewc2
Kentucky: “First off, it’s in the SEC. It’s close too home. It’s far enough (away) where I can grow up, but close enough where I can say, ‘OK, if I need anything, they’re two hours away. It’s a young program with coach (Mark) Stoops and that staff, and I see the program only going forward and taking no steps back.”

Louisville: “I like Louisville because of the rich history it’s got with winning and the coaching staff that coach (Bobby) Petrino has. Also Coach Petrino’s history of winning and the bowl games Louisville has won the past couple years.”

South Carolina: “Obviously Steve Spurrier is one of the greatest coaches that’s ever come through college football. He’s built a great coaching staff that’s stuck with him for years. It’s in South Carolina. It’s hot, and I like that a lot. I really like the weather.”

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor.../07/03/kash-daniel-decision-preview/29670261/

It will be a bit heartbreaking if we lose a mountain kid to anyone. He has one home. Kentucky.

It sounded like UK has a very good chance but some of the remarks made me have some doubts. Than again maybe he made those remarks to create some drama for the announcement tomorrow. He certainly hasn't let the Cat completely out of the bag. If I was force to bet I would bet UK but IMO it is not a certainty.

It sounded like UK has a very good chance but some of the remarks made me have some doubts. Than again maybe he made those remarks to create some drama for the announcement tomorrow. He certainly hasn't let the Cat completely out of the bag. If I was force to bet I would bet UK but IMO it is not a certainty.

I agree with this. I'm also intrigued by his choice of the 4th of July to announce. Just somewhat odd. Hopefully it's UK but I have some doubt.

Hope he's a cat, but there were way too many ,THEY and THEMS in that interview , and not enough WE and US. Not a good feeling.:flushed::grimace::cry::scream:

Does anyone know when the announcement is to be made?
My sources tell me 1PM EDT. Another thread about Kash's announcement has a link to the live stream, but I haven't checked it out yet. Hopefully someone will start a dedicated thread for the link.

Love the quote about Drake: "That dude could sell a bible to an atheist."

That's why it's so important to keep these top level Kentucky boys in Lexington as we need them to recruit other elite recruits. Own the state, recruit Ohio hard...it is all coming together.

You guys have built this kid up as the next program changer and KY legend. It's funny that this kid was not even on the radar until he had a great camp. If he goes to UK, Great! But some of you need to take a step back.

You guys have built this kid up as the next program changer and KY legend. It's funny that this kid was not even on the radar until he had a great camp. If he goes to UK, Great! But some of you need to take a step back.

Thanks for putting us in our place...and for making yourself feel better about losing out on another in-state kid to UK.

Thanks for putting us in our place...and for making yourself feel better about losing out on another in-state kid to UK.
I commented on the Louisville board pretty much the same thing. Give me a kid from Florida, Georgia or Alabama every time. Kids from those states are far superior in football. But hey, Paintsville puts out Wildcats. Congrats on your catch.

I commented on the Louisville board pretty much the same thing. Give me a kid from Florida, Georgia or Alabama every time. Kids from those states are far superior in football. But hey, Paintsville puts out Wildcats. Congrats on your catch.

Really appreciate your expert and unbiased analysis, I think EVERY TIME would have to include Couch, but of course would exclude Bush, Dawson, and Quick for instance. Dumb putdown of Kentucky football, no wonder UK is wrapping up all the top in state talent now.

Let's see, three top 250 players likely in this class from KENTUCKY, and they aren't good enough for Transfer U because they are from Kentucky?

Edit:, Not just likely now, Kash Kommits.

Last edited:
i knew that would be the answer to this if he didn't choose ul. bush, brohm, parker, pryor, peters, burton, you're right. kentucky kids suck.

no one is saying he's a program changer but he is the kind of in state talent that we have to keep in state in order to build a team that can compete week in and week out. if you read the reports from that camp... they think he has all the tools to develop into a nfl lb'er. i'll take that over a guy that lacks either size, speed, or skill.

You are completely wrong here. Certain states do produce more on the whole than others, but an individual player from one place is not necessarily a superior prospect to an individual player from another place.

UK fans let not be upset on this good day for UK football by some remarks from some trash poster from the Dirty Bird board. Let hope Cash makes him eat his remarks in the upcoming years while he is at UK.

No player is a sure thing to make the transition from high school to college football but this kid seems to have the physical tools to make it. and he is a bleed blue Kentucky kid.

People the next time Watson make a good post about UK will be the first time. A sour grapes post if I ever saw one.

Reactions: domino79
Nah he isn't any good just a 4* top 100 recruit and Army All American. Its funny Ohio st tried to get in on him. Yeah he must really suck.

If you can compete and stand out against great competition, you're pretty good regardless of where you came from. And that's exactly what he has done. Enjoy Kentucky's leftovers at UL...along with the rest of the nations. Transfer U in the house!

And congrats to you on...

Anyway, butthurt much?

Did you also used to post under NeutralUK/UL username?

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep

Yep, because no one knew his potential until he camped with the best. It's gonna suck losing to UK in football and basketball for the foreseeable future, huh, card fan. Your out of state class isn't even close to ours. Deal with it.

Some UL fans thought they actually had a chance with him. LOL
really weird that they were soooo excited a month ago about kash and now he's just a ky kid and they'd rather have the fla kid. just curious though. this awesome scouting that ul does for talent... does it only count for kids they land or do guys like darius west, edwards, ware, boom, and yes kash, get the same credit for being VERY high on their coaches wish list? i mean if their coaches are so good at identifying talent and we are getting a lot of their tier 1 kids... it should be good for us.

The difference in Florida, Georgia and Alabama is the depth of talent. Kentucky doesn't have many SEC-level recruits, but the four-stars we have can play right with the four-stars from any other state. The difference is Florida and Georgia and deep southern states just have a whole lot more four-star players. Now 10 or 15 years ago a 3-star guy from Florida was probably a 4-star talent if he lived in KY, but these days the scouts get to see these guys in person against top talent from FL and GA at all of these all-star camps and they're a WHOLE lot better at evaluating talent.

Most of our best players over the years have been from Kentucky. There's a reason the three best players in Kentucky are all playing in the Army All-America game. Trust me, if a kid is good enough to be in the Army All-America game, he's good enough to play ANYWHERE in the nation.

I think it's kind of a played-out misconception that a guy rated the exact same from Florida is superior to a a guy rated a four-star from any other state. That might have been the case 10-15 years ago, but scouts are getting better every single year at evaluating talent and measurables to the point where they almost have it down to a science..and the talent is spread across the board more than ever. There are so many more good high school football players than there used to be.

I will say that a kid playing HS football in Florida might become a better player overall because he played against stiffer competition in HS, but that's far from the norm and isn't always the case because the SEC game is still going to be a HUGE transition whether you were playing HS ball in Alaska or whether you were playing in Florida. The scouts are a whole lot better than they used to be, and these kids from smaller talent producing states play in All-Star events against those kids from Florida and Georgia and the scouts get to see what kind of player they are. They didn't have that as much in the older days, and a 3-star kid from Florida might have been a four-star if he played in Kentucky. But that's just hardly ever the case these days...the scouts and coaches have it down when it comes to evaluating talent.

A four-star is a four-star, the south just has a whole lot more of them. The four-stars from Kentucky are few and far between, but I'll put them up against the four-stars from Georgia and Florida every day of the week.

Kentucky doesn't have a whole lot good high school programs, but the programs at the top of Kentucky football can play with anyone and are usually some of the top teams in the country. Trinity, Highlands and some of those teams are as good as they come NATIONALLY in their class. Last year ESPN has an opening weekend of 5 premier high school games, and 2 of those 5 games had Kentucky teams playing in them (Trinity & Highlands). Trinity was playing (and beating) one of the best teams in the nation from TN, and Highlands was hammering one of the best teams in the nation from Florida. Now Kentucky doesn't have the DEPTH of teams, but the ones at the top are as good as they come. It's the same with Kentucky players..the ones at the top are as good as they come, but we just don't have the NUMBER of players as Georgia or Florida or Alabama.

If what you said was true, Florida and Georgia and Alabama wouldn't be recruiting these top kids that are coming out of Kentucky every single year. The top three or four guys from KY are almost always good enough to play for any school in the nation whether it be Bama or LSU or Florida. We just don't have the depth. Heck, even a lot of UL's best players over the years have been KY guys. There's nothing wrong with the top-talent from KY..a lot of times they play even harder because they're playing for their home state. I'll take a four-star from KY as quickly as I'd take a four-star from anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwatson61

This guy would have been posting on the UL board how BP stole one of the best in Kentucky had Kash picked the Cards.

He might want to ask BP why UL offered Kash. Did BP build Kash up too? LOL

And Public Enemy constantly wants to tell us how UL takes 3 stars and turns them into NFL players, but why would UL want Kash?

The UL fans like to tell us we have a crap program, but then we see these posts that scream envy. Ha!

The difference in Florida, Georgia and Alabama is the depth of talent. Kentucky doesn't have many SEC-level recruits, but the four-stars we have can play right with the four-stars from any other state. The difference is Florida and Georgia and deep southern states just have a whole lot more four-star players. Now 10 or 15 years ago a 3-star guy from Florida was probably a 4-star talent if he lived in KY, but these days the scouts get to see these guys in person against top talent from FL and GA at all of these all-star camps and they're a WHOLE lot better at evaluating talent.

Most of our best players over the years have been from Kentucky. There's a reason the three best players in Kentucky are all playing in the Army All-America game. Trust me, if a kid is good enough to be in the Army All-America game, he's good enough to play ANYWHERE in the nation.

I think it's kind of a played-out misconception that a guy rated the exact same from Florida is superior to a a guy rated a four-star from any other state. That might have been the case 10-15 years ago, but scouts are getting better every single year at evaluating talent and measurables to the point where they almost have it down to a science..and the talent is spread across the board more than ever. There are so many more good high school football players than there used to be.

I will say that a kid playing HS football in Florida might become a better player overall because he played against stiffer competition in HS, but that's far from the norm and isn't always the case because the SEC game is still going to be a HUGE transition whether you were playing HS ball in Alaska or whether you were playing in Florida. The scouts are a whole lot better than they used to be, and these kids from smaller talent producing states play in All-Star events against those kids from Florida and Georgia and the scouts get to see what kind of player they are. They didn't have that as much in the older days, and a 3-star kid from Florida might have been a four-star if he played in Kentucky. But that's just hardly ever the case these days...the scouts and coaches have it down when it comes to evaluating talent.

A four-star is a four-star, the south just has a whole lot more of them. The four-stars from Kentucky are few and far between, but I'll put them up against the four-stars from Georgia and Florida every day of the week.

Kentucky doesn't have a whole lot good high school programs, but the programs at the top of Kentucky football can play with anyone and are usually some of the top teams in the country. Trinity, Highlands and some of those teams are as good as they come NATIONALLY in their class. Last year ESPN has an opening weekend of 5 premier high school games, and 2 of those 5 games had Kentucky teams playing in them (Trinity & Highlands). Trinity was playing (and beating) one of the best teams in the nation from TN, and Highlands was hammering one of the best teams in the nation from Florida. Now Kentucky doesn't have the DEPTH of teams, but the ones at the top are as good as they come. It's the same with Kentucky players..the ones at the top are as good as they come, but we just don't have the NUMBER of players as Georgia or Florida or Alabama.

If what you said was true, Florida and Georgia and Alabama wouldn't be recruiting these top kids that are coming out of Kentucky every single year. The top three or four guys from KY are almost always good enough to play for any school in the nation whether it be Bama or LSU or Florida. We just don't have the depth. Heck, even a lot of UL's best players over the years have been KY guys. There's nothing wrong with the top-talent from KY..a lot of times they play even harder because they're playing for their home state. I'll take a four-star from KY as quickly as I'd take a four-star from anywhere else.

I don't really agree with Rival's ranking system. Alabama high school football is not at the level of Florida's, Texas's or even Georgia's. But Alabama produces more 5* than any state. According to population a kid has 10 times the chance of being a 5* if he lives in Alabama than any other state. Alabama is one of the hardest states to pull a top rated kid out of so he is almost certain to sign with AU or Bama. More than half of these kids end of being seldom used subs, so Rival's just missed? It gives both schools an artifical boost to their rankings when they sign them, artifical because the kid was overrated, in my opinion purposely, to keep their largest subscriber fanbase happy and another that is in top 5. Keep your biggest customer happy, smart business decision.

Reactions: jnewc2
ADVERTISEMENT