ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue has stolen the Big Z nickname

giphy.webp

Purdue using it for Edey now is kind of silly, but let’s not pretend “Big Z” is some kind of amazingly unique nickname that Kentucky or Ivisic have an exclusive claim to. In fact, it almost seems to be American sports fans’ go to for tall European players whose names start with that letter since Zydrunas Illgauskas in the NBA and Zdeno Chara in the NHL were both commonly referred to by that moniker during their careers.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Zach Edey is one of the laziest big men I've seen in some time. He's like watching NBA Jam in slow motion.
I thought the same. He won't ever be able to keep up and down the court with our bigs. No freaking way. Dude is SLOW SLOW SLOW, and it forces the entire Purdue offense to lag into their offensive sets because they have to wait for him every time to get down the court.

It's going to be hilarious when we look around in late March/early April, and can't find Kansas or Purdue in the Final Four.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
It's going to be hilarious when we look around in late March/early April, and can't find Kansas or Purdue in the Final Four.
Or Arizona, and hopefully no UCONN or Puke.

But the best part of this year so far (aside from our team's performance) is that finally, FINALLY Gonzaga is nowhere to be seen. So glad they seem to be off the butt kissing media radars.

I don't know if UCONN is the one I want to run into most or least. It would be nice to get some revenge against them but history isn't on our side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT