ADVERTISEMENT

Psychology test: What would make you happier...

What would make you happier

• To wake up tomorrow and find out that Kentucky had a commitment from Jamal Murray AND the big Greek

Votes: 115 59.0%
  • That the NCAA had made a surprisingly swift ruling on UNCheats, suspending them from post-season pla

Votes: 80 41.0%

• Total voters

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
1. To wake up tomorrow and find out that Kentucky had a commitment from Jamal Murray AND the big Greek player Papagiannis, in a stroke improving the Cats 2016 outlook...

OR

2. That the NCAA had made a surprisingly swift ruling on UNCheats, suspending them from post-season play for two years, stripping the 2005 NCAA championship banner and limiting scholarships for three years, bringing at least some justice to a corrupt program...

UNC absolutely deserves to be punished for the AFAM scandal, but without question it's option #1 for me. The continued success of UK is my primary concern when it comes to college basketball, everything else is secondary.

UNC absolutely deserves to be punished for the AFAM scandal, but without question it's option #1 for me. The continued success of UK is my primary concern when it comes to college basketball, everything else is secondary.
Agree

If UNC gets punished, it means we have a big leg up on them. If we get an elite recruit, we get a leg up on EVERYBODY.

Option A

#1. I already got everything I wanted out of the UNC situation. Selfishly, I'm glad that UNC got exposed just for message board banter reasons. Now all of the elite programs have some indiscretion more recent than any UK scandal to harp on, and UNC's being the biggest ever puts a giant hole in that flag of purity that they liked to wave before. Plus UNC getting let off will unite more people against UNC AND the NCAA, which helps mitigate the unfairness of the ruling.

Going to look at this in a different way. I have to assume that the scenarios in both are absolute. In that if we pick the recruits, then UNC gets off free, no punishment. If we pick punishment for UNC, then we don't get Murray or The Greek.

#2. Not so much that I would be happy to see UNC punished in some form, but I would be livid if they walked away from this clean. Punishing UNC is the right thing to do, while #1 has nothing to do with right or wrong. It would go a long way in ensuring the NCAA's fairness in dealing with one of it's two "golden children", at least for me. If UNC walks on this, how much can you honestly trust the NCAA? Personally, I don't see how you can't conclude that the NCAA doesn't have a watchful-eye and a protective hand over Duke and UNC.

I love Kentucky basketball. But it means nothing without "College Basketball". Letting UNC walk tarnishes the game. And as much as I want two recruits, punishing UNC is better for the game as a whole... a lot better. Keeping the integrity of the game intact, while watching a rival program burn to the ground, and therefore helping our recruiting... That makes me happy.

1, I don't care anymore about the Heels. If they haven't been punished by now, with the overwelming evidence, they won't ever be punished. The best way to punish UNC is crushing them on the court in november.

This one is easy. I hope the UNC mess drags on for as long as possible. Slow torture is fun to watch.

While I would love to see UNC get what they rightfully deserve the other choice would give us a very legitimate shot at winning #9 and that's what is most important to me.

From the choice of those two, I would have to say Murray. The UNC situation will take care of itself. But, since we are just dreaming anyway, I would like to add a scenario where Rick was found taking kickbacks, to oppose an NBA team coming to Louisville. :cool:

I voted #1.

While I hope to see UNC punished, I don't really spend too much time thinking about it.

Would love to see the Cats land Murray & where it would propel our chances for another great season.

Going to look at this in a different way. I have to assume that the scenarios in both are absolute. In that if we pick the recruits, then UNC gets off free, no punishment. If we pick punishment for UNC, then we don't get Murray or The Greek.

#2. Not so much that I would be happy to see UNC punished in some form, but I would be livid if they walked away from this clean. Punishing UNC is the right thing to do, while #1 has nothing to do with right or wrong. It would go a long way in ensuring the NCAA's fairness in dealing with one of it's two "golden children", at least for me. If UNC walks on this, how much can you honestly trust the NCAA? Personally, I don't see how you can't conclude that the NCAA doesn't have a watchful-eye and a protective hand over Duke and UNC.

I love Kentucky basketball. But it means nothing without "College Basketball". Letting UNC walk tarnishes the game. And as much as I want two recruits, punishing UNC is better for the game as a whole... a lot better. Keeping the integrity of the game intact, while watching a rival program burn to the ground, and therefore helping our recruiting... That makes me happy.

I'm going with your point of view. Plus, one option is really only for this year, while the other (w/ banner removed) lasts forever.

UNC's 2005 banner coming down should (I say should) knock any talking head's mention of UK's scandals (real or perceived) out of the picture for a long time. UNC's (confirmed!) cheating would have to be the go-to for any conversation about what is/was wrong in College Sports.

Do I want those recruits... of course I do. But, after this past season, I'll take my chances with a little luck going our way (things like having a basket count, that shouldn't have, in the FF) at the right moment... along with the talented roster we already have in place.

ADVERTISEMENT