ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Kennard will never start for Duke

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
I find this somewhat amusing because supposedly one of the reasons Kennard ended up at Duke was the fear that he would be recruited over at Kentucky. The guy would have been our starting SF next year if he had come here. Meanwhile, once Duke adds Ingram, Kennard has already been recruited over before even arriving on campus.

Duke's starters in the backcourt next year will be Thornton and Allen, with Ingram at SF. Matt Jones and Kennard will spell those three.

Thornton, Allen, and Ingram may all go pro next year, but it's not going to open up a spot for Kennard since Duke is already angling for an epic class - Smith, Battle, Tatum, etc. in 2016.

Kennard is the next Matt Jones - a good player and former five star who will spend his entire Duke career as a sub.

Don't know about starting as a frosh but he'll play plenty. Can shoot from all over the court and really knows his way around the basket.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
The predictions on Grayson Allen are hilarious. Duke played 40 games last year and he averaged 3 pts a game, and had quite a few games he didn't even sniff the floor. And that was on a duke team with no depth. He had about an 8 minute stretch in the last game of the year, granted it was against Wisky in the title game, but that small stretch does not over take the entire year. He is a good athlete, but terrible on defense. He will get better over the next few years but will get recruited over just like Matt jones.

Cal went all out to get Kennard. I would guess he knew the kid is very talented.

I predict Kennard is already a better player. Allen will be trying to steal Kennard's minutes by the end of the season.

I find this somewhat amusing because supposedly one of the reasons Kennard ended up at Duke was the fear that he would be recruited over at Kentucky. The guy would have been our starting SF next year if he had come here. Meanwhile, once Duke adds Ingram, Kennard has already been recruited over before even arriving on campus.

Duke's starters in the backcourt next year will be Thornton and Allen, with Ingram at SF. Matt Jones and Kennard will spell those three.

Thornton, Allen, and Ingram may all go pro next year, but it's not going to open up a spot for Kennard since Duke is already angling for an epic class - Smith, Battle, Tatum, etc. in 2016.

Kennard is the next Matt Jones - a good player and former five star who will spend his entire Duke career as a sub.

Sheeeeeeeeeew. Case in point to what I have been complaining about on these boards. Its amazing sometimes.

Why the hell are there so many Luke Kennard threads on this board? Should we really care this much about some Duke recruit?

So did you not actually watch Duke this year? Matt Jones is NOT career sub, in fact he just STARTED at the 3 spot for the team that just won the National Championship. And he's still got two years eligibility left.

Trying to use Jones as some sort of cautionary example is mighty weak, I'm guessin the kid is pretty damn happy that he chose Duke right now.

Last edited:
Stupid thread. He's a 3-4 year player and will start most if not all of his career.

Maybe, but Scheyer was never the shooter Kennard is or will be.

You should change your avatar btw or else people are gonna hate you.

Kennard dominated against 6-0 white guys in a weak division in Ohio. I'm curious how he does at Duke. It's like playing against Clay County.

Guys, we need to get over this kid. He trolled BBN hard with that I am a lifetime UK fan BS. He was not and is not a fan of UK.

You don't love a team the way he claimed and then turn down a scholarship offer from them.

We were trolled and gave him all sorts of attention and our crazy kind of BBN love and he used it and abused it.

I just saw him in the one game on tv, but the kid will play a lot at Duke. Probably start. But you don't have to start to make it to the NBA, which is probably his goal just like all of the other top kids. Looks like to me he knows how to play without the ball. Knows how to get open. Coach K will get him the ball because when he shoots it is going in. We can't get them all. Would have liked to have had him at UK simply because I think we need more shooters, who are makers!

Kennard great scorer but best I could tell is a mediocre defender! Give me Murray who looks like a great shooter all the way out to the NBA line and has hops to finish at the rim! Quick and athletic enough to learn to play high quality D. Want to see Kennard Score like he did at the Hoops summit of McDonalds game with someone like Briscoe or Tyler in his grill. Doesn't look like Duke is going to have a bunch of heavy handed screeners to get him open or any inside out game to help him get shots.

Guys, we need to get over this kid. He trolled BBN hard with that I am a lifetime UK fan BS. He was not and is not a fan of UK.

You don't love a team the way he claimed and then turn down a scholarship offer from them.

We were trolled and gave him all sorts of attention and our crazy kind of BBN love and he used it and abused it.

Here we go again, knowing if someone is a real fan or not. Guess how many of Cal's recruit's grew up liking teams other than UK? Sounds so petty.

So did you not actually watch Duke this year? Matt Jones is NOT career sub, in fact he just STARTED at the 3 spot for the team that just won the National Championship. And he's still got two years eligibility left.

Trying to use Jones as some sort of cautionary example is mighty weak, I'm guessin the kid is pretty damn happy that he chose Duke right now.
thank you! I was about to ask that poster if he/she even watched Duke play last year. Jones started the 2nd half of the year and changed their team. Defensivly he was good and he can shoot. I dont know if he will come off the bench or not, but I imagine he is pretty happy about how last year played out.....

Kennard can flat play. Not sure if he will start or not either, but he will get his at Duke.....

I have complimented two of their players in one post....now let me go puke

He's good. This time last year our entire recruiting focus was Kennard and Newman, seemed like. I know I wanted that kid badly.

Also, I wouldn't bet on it ... but wouldn't be shocked to see both Ingram and Murphy go pro after this year.

This time last year our entire recruiting focus was Kennard and Newman, seemed like.

I remember that too. People were debating which one we prefer, and the tone of some was almost like which one we should "choose", based on the assumption that both obviously wanted to play for UK.

Instead it looks like we're gonna strike out on both guys. Go figure.

Kennard was awesome in the all-star games. Just showed great skill and instincts on offense.

Im confident he'll work his way into the starting lineup in a year or two. He's gonna fill up the stat sheet over there.

Glad this bastard doesn't post anymore
Oh he still does, he's just reinvented himself. Look at the similarities in the 2 accounts. Same posting style. The new account was created 4 months after the last post of the first account. Also, the new account has picked up the "likes" from the first account.

Screenshot_20170418-201245_zpsoxxrzsp4.png

Screenshot_20170418-202007_zpsjj1fghir.png

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT