ADVERTISEMENT

Preakness

Jockey on Divining Rod was blocking like it was NASCAR against any late contenders making a charge.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has the coverage, hype, for the triple crown been less than norma? For some reason, this season just seems off.

Is it just me or has the coverage, hype, for the triple crown been less than norma? For some reason, this season just seems off.

No cool story lines this year I guess. Really not since Mine that Bird and Rachel Alexandra ran, one being a long shot and the other a filly which women latched on too.

You may be right. I would really like to see ABC get the rights back. Get the World Wide Leader behind this thing.

Last edited:
Someone better be on their A game to beat him in the Belmont. I actually had a little doubt on the far turn but that was impressive. I hope it rains in NY on Belmont day. He seems to really like it.

American Pharoah wins the triple crown.

Honestly, I think so too. Never thought Chrome or I'll Have Another would do it, but I really think this one is the right horse.

Really expected Big Brown to do it, and especially was shocked when Smarty Jones did not win, thought he was head and shoulders the best that year.

Sooner or later it will happen, and I think we may see it in three weeks.

Considering several from the Derby sat out the Preakness, they will have some fresh legs for that mile and a half.
Still think if Frosted had a chance if there another 1/4 mile in the Derby. He came up strong for being stuck way back in the pack.

No cool story lines this year I guess. Really not since Mine that Bird and Rachel Alexandra ran, one being a long shot and the other a filly which women latched on too.

I'd say it'll pick back up now with another triple crown threat. IMO horse racing really needs a triple crown winner. I think interest is waning amongst casual observers.

I dont see how he can lose. The horse doesnt tire. I think we're in for a Secretariat type run away.

He doesn't have the breeding to go the distance of the Belmont. But I'm not sure that matters anymore, he appears to be the real deal vs. This group of horses.

Jockey on Divining Rod was blocking like it was NASCAR against any late contenders making a charge.

Even my 10 year old notice this - no shit. Pissed me off. I had a 5 dollar exacta box on the 1-7. Not sure what Castellano was up to, because Pharoah was going to win at that point anyway. Maybe he slipped out the stirrup from the rain and was holding on for dear life but it sure looked like he was trying to keep the 7 out of the money. An 'effd up race. Aside from the winner, the finish was called completely wrong to make things look even more suspicious.

Verve was coming on like a sugar rush in a preschool. Another 5/16ths in 3 weeks and no way triple crown. Sorry folks.

Considering several from the Derby sat out the Preakness, they will have some fresh legs for that mile and a half.
Still think if Frosted had a chance if there another 1/4 mile in the Derby. He came up strong for being stuck way back in the pack.
When I watched the replay of the Preakness they showed, the only time AP had his head down going hard was out of the gate when Mr. Z was running with him for a second, as soon as Mr. Z gave up up he galloped out. He was just breezing it out on the homestretch.

He doesn't have the breeding to go the distance of the Belmont. But I'm not sure that matters anymore, he appears to be the real deal vs. This group of horses.
I'm no expert on bloodlines and which matter the most, in most cases with horses, but his grand sire Empire Maker won the Belmont.

I hope the TC happens but I've seen a horse get to third and final race only to lose so many times it seems. How many horses have got our hopes up the last fifteen years?

I hope the TC happens but I've seen a horse get to third and final race only to lose so many times it seems. How many horses have got our hopes up the last fifteen years?
6 in the last 15...13 since it last happened. This will be Espinoza's 3rd try and Baffert's 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT