ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers are answered - Holtz no longer on ESPN CFB

Originally posted by gamecockcat:
Thank God!!! Now, if we could only get rid of Dick Vitale on CBB, I might actually watch a broadcast with the sound on.
LOL, was about ready to post the same thing. The long national nightmare is over.

But Lou did force technical advances, forcing mics to become spit proof. But agree, glad he is and his love fest with every school that hired him is over.

Holtz was consistent, he put damn near every school he coached on probation. A little inconvenient truth ESPN happened to over look.

Reactions: WhiteCityCat1
Originally posted by mrschwump:

Holtz was consistent, he put damn near every school he coached on probation. A little inconvenient truth ESPN happened to over look.
Yup. Glad he's gone.

Tragic! How am I suppose to know what team to bet against now?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Somebody at ESPN needs a raise. First, they don't renew Bob Knight, now Holtz is shown the door. I think it's in their best interest to get some younger staff.

Im probably one of the few guys who actually liked Lou, however it was time for him to hang it up.

As an aside...I saw the news yesterday and thought this ws old news. Lou said himself before the season (or early season) that 2014 would be his last...he was retiring after the title game. Maybe he tried to come back and ESPN had to make it official.

It goes to show that old people get fired at large companies. Dickie V is next. They want more people on ESPN like Jesse Palmer. Thank God he's gone, now leth's go.

Yes no if they could just get rid of Mark May we would be getting somewhere

I didn't read the article. Did it mention whether or not the SEC Network might sign him? Bad pennies always find a way to show up. I know the SEC Network runs under ESPN, but contractually they cold operate apart from each other. Please excuse me as I always look for a worm in the apple.

ADVERTISEMENT