ADVERTISEMENT

Poythress tweets....

2a9pu7o_zpsqofxxtee.gif

Can't wait to see him back on the floor. I feel we are about to see the best of Alex and what we've always anticipated from him. Great to have a senior leader in the lineup that is a fulltime player too. Finally, some very good news today as we all wait in anticipation of recruit's decisions.

he can play defense, he can drive to the basket and dunk, and he has that rebounder's instinct

This is great for us. I hope UK has a special year again. All season it was a great feeling knowing that our team was doing well. And Calipari is a great coach to continue our success. I think this season will mean more because we are starting fresh for the most part.

Awesome to hear.

I hope that everything goes well with his recovery. He should really be the veteran glue-guy that next year's team is going to need. He's got all the physical tools and is a very intelligent guy, he just needs to play with more confidence in order to become the special player we know that he's capable of being. Like most fans I want to see him play mostly at the 4.

Sweet.

Glad to know Poy is back officially. He seems like such a good kid who does things the right way. I hope he finds great success.

He's a athletic freak. Glad to have him on our team. Alex, Lee, Skal (spell) will be hard to defend in the middle and better on the defense end. CD would make it sweeter.

Hopefully we'll get to see him at the 4 most of the time. Unless he unexpectedly improves his ball handling and shooting enough to play the 3. I have a complex about PF's under 6'9 for some reason but that's definitely where he's best suited. If we get Diallo it'll be interesting to see which of the 2 start, but then Poy would probably be stuck at SF again.

Great news! He'll have to knock off a bit of rust for the first month or so but by SEC time, he should be clicking on all eight.

I think they need to get that medical redshirt for a 4th year. Starting for Kentucky . . . . DOCTOR POYTHRESS!!!

Just has a nice ring, don't you think?

I think he'll show WCS why he didn't go with the other 7. Him and Ulis got some unfinished business. #9

I hope Poythress has a monster year. He showed great signs (especially in he Bahamas).

If he can have the consistent motor and work on ball handling, he could be a top 20 pick in NBA

I admit, while I was pretty sure Alex would return, I am relieved to see it (mostly) confirmed.

Great news, indeed ! I'd like to see Alex dedicate himself from this point forward to becoming a lock-down defender against 3's and 4's. Given his "tweener" size, that might be his best ticket to a reasonably long career in the League.

Poythress coming back is bigger than any remaining recruit that we could add at this point. Experienced talented player that will be huge for us next year!! GO ALEX!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT