ADVERTISEMENT

Post Defense

plumdog69

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 13, 2006
Was really good. We applied great ball pressure, which limited touches to Bacot and slowed the pass down allowing the hard double to get there a number times. Forced Bacot into several turnovers trying to pass out of it. Reminded me so much of the Pitino era. Love watching the way Diily and Dj keep coming after the other team.

Was really good. We applied great ball pressure, which limited touches to Bacot and slowed the pass down allowing the hard double to get there a number times. Forced Bacot into several turnovers trying to pass out of it. Reminded me so much of the Pitino era. Love watching the way Diily and Dj keep coming after the other team.
Reminded me of how the 1996 Cats used to double the post on guys like: Camby, Duncan , Dampier, etc. No, I’m not comparing the two teams. Have never seen a team that good and probably never will again.

Reactions: plumdog69
Reminded me of how the 1996 Cats used to double the post on guys like: Camby, Duncan , Dampier, etc. No, I’m not comparing the two teams. Have never seen a team that good and probably never will again.
Rodney Rogers. Completely took him out of the game.

Was a little suprised we didnt handle the scorer at the end of the game. This will happen again in tournament.

Throwing two seven foot defenders at Bacot was a difference maker for UK. Both big men made contributions. As far as team defense, I would prefer Cal applying less pressure on opposing guards way out on the floor, because they drive right by for layups. Pick these quick guys up at the three point line.

Throwing two seven foot defenders at Bacot was a difference maker for UK. Both big men made contributions. As far as team defense, I would prefer Cal applying less pressure on opposing guards way out on the floor, because they drive right by for layups. Pick these quick guys up at the three point line.
Have to pick them higher to get over the on ball screen. Needed to make that guy tonight go left more,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT