ADVERTISEMENT

Possible good news re: Ivisic

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Per "those in the know" this is potentially huge news regarding Ivisic likely getting cleared by NCAA if that is all we are waiting on.

This kid below is currently being sued by a professional team overseas for breach of contract. It was apparently considered very questionable if he would be approved to play and reading Ivisic situation nowhere near as complicated.

Per "those in the know" this is potentially huge news regarding Ivisic likely getting cleared by NCAA if that is all we are waiting on.

This kid below is currently being sued by a professional team overseas for breach of contract. It was apparently considered very questionable if he would be approved to play and reading Ivisic situation nowhere near as complicated.

So no real news about big Z, you are just going on expecting the ncaa to be consistent?

OP is right- this is good news. No world in which the UCLA kid gets eligibility and not Big Z, given their situations.

Hope we hear something about Big Z early next week- Cal won't roll him out in his first game against KU, so he needs to be cleared before Texas A&M Commerce if we hope to see him in the KU game.

Same goes with Bradshaw, Cal's 1 or 2 week timeline, if it's 1 week, would be the Commerce game- I doubt Bradshaw plays in the KU game though unfortunately.

When cal brought him in he knew it was a long shot to get him through admissions and eligible. It was a jack move to make the fans happy pretending he addressed a need. He knows. Cal knows. I’m glad though he decided to ditch the pjs and and try to look professional again

OP is right- this is good news. No world in which the UCLA kid gets eligibility and not Big Z, given their situations.

Hope we hear something about Big Z early next week- Cal won't roll him out in his first game against KU, so he needs to be cleared before Texas A&M Commerce if we hope to see him in the KU game.

Same goes with Bradshaw, Cal's 1 or 2 week timeline, if it's 1 week, would be the Commerce game- I doubt Bradshaw plays in the KU game though unfortunately.
Correct. There's no way Cal will play Bradshaw against KU if he hasn't played prior or it's his first college game.

Even though a game like this is why you come to play for the Wildcats, Cal will say it would be unfair to put Bradshaw in that situation expecting him to succeed. The pressure is too much and the spotlight is the brightest.

I say if he's available play him, and let's see if he's who they say he is. At least he'll know where he stands and what to work on moving forward. However, I think they'll play it safe and keep him out to not hinder draft stock.

Just let it go dude good flipping grief
Nope. Cal proved that he was willing to go to great lengths to protect a player, and give the player's camp what they wanted, in order to be able to say he put the kid in the NBA. Until Cal proves he's willing to do things in favor of the University of Kentucky winning titles, we'll just have to assume that it's not his top priority.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Nope. Cal proved that he was willing to go to great lengths to protect a player, and give the player's camp what they wanted, in order to be able to say he put the kid in the NBA. Until Cal proves he's willing to do things in favor of the University of Kentucky winning titles, we'll just have to assume that it's not his top priority.
exactly right.........he cares nothing about the university, the fans or the tradition
He thinks he is greater than all of that & cares only about draft night
He deserves nothing from the fans but doubt

Reactions: bigbluedon
exactly right.........he cares nothing about the university, the fans or the tradition
He thinks he is greater than all of that & cares only about draft night
He deserves nothing from the fans but doubt
How many clips of the team practicing did we see this summer? How many clips of Big Z with the team practicing have we seen? Didn't used to be that way.

What makes you say that? I haven't seen or heard anything to make me think this will take much longer. Maybe another week or 2 tops but I don't see this dragging out all year.
It took them a while with mara from ucla and he started at ucla a little while before Ivisic started at UK, so if they follow that same timeline he would be cleared December 2nd, but the problem is the ncaa has no clear timeline at all, and could do it tommrrow or wait until January, there isn’t any pattern at all. I just see them taking their time on this

It took them a while with mara from ucla and he started at ucla a little while before Ivisic started at UK, so if they follow that same timeline he would be cleared December 2nd, but the problem is the ncaa has no clear timeline at all, and could do it tommrrow or wait until January, there isn’t any pattern at all. I just see them taking their time on this
UK admissions shoulders the lion's share of blame on this one (at this point) for not getting him admitted and paperwork submitted in a timely fashion

There's no need for elaborate analysis: just take Calipari at his word. He has written that his first responsibility is to the players in his charge. If you're a history teacher, your first responsibility is to teach students history. If you're a math teacher, your first responsibility is to teach students mathematics. Etc. Calipari is a basketball coach. His responsibility is to teach kids to play basketball.

When the university decides that the coach's first responsibility is to win the NCAA Tournament, they can take that up with Calipari.

I would love for Big Z to get cleared and be eligible to play tonight. The NCAA needs to stop dragging their feet!

Reactions: track42
Listening to local sports radio, out and about.. and this is a problem that's hitting a lot of different schools. Siena is currently waiting for the NCAA to clear on of their transfers, and with a game being played tonight, they are speculating if the clearance could even come before the tip off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT