ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Beating Louisville or Final Four

What is more important to you as a UK fan for any given season?

• Total voters
Beating Louisville has gotten old, its barely a fun rivalry anymore. I wouldnt ever want to lose to them but they will nver come close to making it a competitive series so why not throw little bro a bone, while going to the final four.

I've been traveling, so I didn't reveal this earlier. But the entire point of this poll was to prove to Zipp on Louisville's board that the Louisville game was not more important to Kentucky fans than Final Fours. It is a silly proposition to begin with, but I couldn't say anything because it would have skewed the results. He has it in his very, um, special head that the Louisville game is the Super Bowl for Kentucky fans. It really makes zero sense on so many levels, but that is just Zipp.

Gee, I would hate to be a waiter and have to take the order of some of you posters. Can you just answer the question or simply don't post? Wow.

I selected Final Four as I assume most people will. At the end of the decade no one will total up the victories over Louisville but everyone knows how many Final Four appearances a school has. I imagine a Final Four would be far more important to a recruit as well.

2ee8plk.jpg

I think this is a stupid poll and IMO the vast majority is going to prefer going to the final four. I like beating UofL but it isn't even in the same ball park as going to the final four. The same goes for any regular season game. The college game has become all about the NCAA tournament and IMO it is almost like the regular season is just a seeding process for the NCAA tournament.

Sorry, I refuse to accept those choices. I want both. Don't take offense, that's the way I always answer these either/or type questions. Any UK basketball fan has the right to want both. Heck, we want it all!

I love that you can see who voted. So far not a single "real" CAT fan has voted for beating UL.
And some guy named AF Cat is now 2 for 2 on troll answers to polls. He's one of the 12 guys who went below 4 in the "how happy are you with Cal?" poll.

I'll give him a [thumb2] for consistency, and I actually kind of respect the hubris of him outing himself as an obvious troll.

Simple poll question: Would you rather beat Louisville and not reach the Final Four, or would you rather lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further).

EDIT: I realize these two things are not connected in any way. That is not the point. The point is to assess how much value UK fans place on the Louisville game. So the question is looking back on any given season, with everything else in the season being equal, would you feel better about beating Louisville but losing in the Elite 8, or losing to Louisville and reaching the Final Four (but losing that game).

If you vote, please also respond to the thread with your vote, so that we can verify the legitimacy of the results (i.e., avoid drive-by trolls voting).

Also, if you do choose the Final Four option (again, this means getting to the Final Four but getting no further), then in your post if you are so inclined, I would like to know what "achievement" would be the line where the Louisville game becomes more important. For example, for you, is beating Louisville more important than reaching the Sweet 16, making the tournament, etc.

This is for research purposes. Thanks.

Sorry man, can't vote....

Both are super important to me!!!!

AlohaCat

I want to beat UofL every year. I guess it all depends on who we lose to not to get to the final four..

Simple poll question: Would you rather beat Louisville and not reach the Final Four, or would you rather lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further).

EDIT: I realize these two things are not connected in any way. That is not the point. The point is to assess how much value UK fans place on the Louisville game. So the question is looking back on any given season, with everything else in the season being equal, would you feel better about beating Louisville but losing in the Elite 8, or losing to Louisville and reaching the Final Four (but losing that game).

If you vote, please also respond to the thread with your vote, so that we can verify the legitimacy of the results (i.e., avoid drive-by trolls voting).

Also, if you do choose the Final Four option (again, this means getting to the Final Four but getting no further), then in your post if you are so inclined, I would like to know what "achievement" would be the line where the Louisville game becomes more important. For example, for you, is beating Louisville more important than reaching the Sweet 16, making the tournament, etc.

This is for research purposes. Thanks.
Beating Louisville is just not that important.

ADVERTISEMENT