ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: A new trend: Top Frosh every year -Can they ever win it all?

ukfit

All-American
Jul 10, 2001
Cals Recruiting has re set the bar in College Basketball. Really, it is new territory and untried for the most part. There have been others, Michigans famous crew, and so on. The record may not be favorable but there has never been this happening regularly. Hopefully They will always have experienced back up upper classmen, albeit maybe not at their talent level.
So what say you?
This post was edited on 5/27 7:38 AM by ukfit

If we maid just 20% of our threes for the WVU game we win. If we make normal numbers.. more like 35%, and WVU shots how THEY normally do, we win that game by 20+ points.

We then go on to, most likely, win the title. The two teams in the title game weren't ecaxtly top notch.

Therefore: yes, we can win with Top Freshman. Add in some experienced role players and 3-4 year'ers(heck, even a sophomore) and we easily can do it.

Originally posted by Darockwilla86:
If we maid just 20% of our threes for the WVU game we win. If we make normal numbers.. more like 35%, and WVU shots how THEY normally do, we win that game by 20+ points.

We then go on to, most likely, win the title. The two teams in the title game weren't ecaxtly top notch.

Therefore: yes, we can win with Top Freshman. Add in some experienced role players and 3-4 year'ers(heck, even a sophomore) and we easily can do it.

not even close to top notch

yes sir

IMO it is possible for a team of top Freshment to win the NC but having veteran players on a team to mesh with top Freshmen makes it more likely that a NC can be won.

It`s possible, but usually teams that win the NC have 1 or 2 juniors or seniors in the starting lineup.

I disagree about the top notch debate. Even though the ACC wasn't up to it's usual strength, you cannot debate Duke's over-the-top chemistry. I think UK had better than average chemistry. I have always been impressed with Cal's ability to mold kids into a team. However, Duke was an elite team with great players. I am not a Duke fan at all, however, I do give credit where credit is due.

...just sayin'...

regarding the top notch thing........

IMHO the 3 best teams this past year, in random order:

Kentucky
Syracuse
Kansas

after that I would say (again random order)

Kansas St
West Virginia

I would not say that duke was a legit top 5 team this past season. I just didn't see it.

well that narrows it down...

3dgrin.gif

I think this question should add another context. We will have Stacey Poole/Darius Miller four star players as our future upperclassmen. Lamb types will stay 2-3 years.

Cal is rebuilding the program. With every Gilchrist he adds, he will add a Lamb and a Poole as well. Those are high-level players who will remain in the program for years to come.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:
I think this question should add another context. We will have Stacey Poole/Darius Miller four star players as our future upperclassmen. Lamb types will stay 2-3 years.

Cal is rebuilding the program. With every Gilchrist he adds, he will add a Lamb and a Poole as well. Those are high-level players who will remain in the program for years to come.
I'm guessing this post was from June of 2010?

ADVERTISEMENT