POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, I didn't know prisons were a country club. Willy, you wanna go visit one this Saturday?

Speaking of social issues, I have a question. In terms of the death penalty what's your stance? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it. Most on the right are for it, while the same time claim Christianity. I know what the bible says but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I understand why you would want to see someone die, kind of like eye for an eye, but in the Ten Commandments it does say thou shall not kill. I look at it like this; if you want to see someone die, then you push the needle or someone in your family. Being Christian, and on judgment day, I sure as hell do not want to tell God; "I was just doing my job" in reference to to those who are ordered to carry out the sentence. Killing someone is too easy especially if that's what they want. Look at the Boston bomber, I'd give him life in prison only because it will be his hell on earth and your 72 virgins will have to wait while you take on 72 dudes standing in line waiting to take your virginity.
Yes but in the same point those on the left that are largely against have no problem giving the death penalty to babies. Crazy is it not?

ole jeb, won't have to worry too much. The fact his brother was such an excellent president he won't get the nomination. I think it comes down to Rubio and rand Paul. Who you chose for Vice President is just as important. Ryan didn't do Romney any favors nor did palin for McCain. The fact Biden is a career politician with more years than I've been on this earth also helped obama. For the gop to have a strong chance, they need a strong candidate for Vice President as well.

Got to admit the GOP has sucked at picking candidates last 2 cycles. Obama and the media made sure to tear them down. Mitt probably would have made a good POTUS, but he was too wimpy,and a terrible campaigner.

Yes but in the same point those on the left that are largely against have no problem giving the death penalty to babies. Crazy is it not?

This is what has always amazed me, but no one in the media will press the left on this question.

Ryan wasn't a bad pick, IMO. Not a home run or anything, but I don't think he harmed Romney's chances.

Palin was HOF awful, though

I support both death penalty and abortion. Matter of fact, I think we should do a 1-stop-shop. Lethal injection. Tap up the prisoner and the mother at the same time and take the fetus and the prisoner out with in one injection. That's saving tax payer money.

Elderly is considered to be 50 years old in prison. Meaning that, the prisoners start having health problems and age related illnesses 15 years earlier than non-incarcerated people. So guess who is fitting that health bill for those 50 year old inmates? Nothing like spending money to keep them alive so they can just rot in prison. So it makes no sense to keep these guys and gals on death row.

Abortion. Guess what? It's not the Paris Hiltons of the world getting knocked up and having abortions. They are girls who are dirt poor and no education and eventually become a boon on society. Abort'em all I say. You can't let theses leeches make babies and expect them to not apply for welfare later on. So you're idea is let these tax sucking leeches make babies.. Sometime in the early 70s before Roe Vs Wade, the highest rate of ER visits in the U.S were women trying to do back alley abortions. 1# reason for ER visits. Women were basically destroying themselves because there was no legal procedure. What you gonna do Warrior, throw women in jail for attempting to abort babies? hahaha

Bigblueinsanity is 100%. Republican party better shift their attention off the social issues or lose.

Ryan wasn't a bad pick, IMO. Not a home run or anything, but I don't think he harmed Romney's chances.

Palin was HOF awful, though
Meh, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. There was no selection McCain could have made that would have altered the results, people vote for Presidents not for the Vice Presidents. Read a pretty reliable analysis that the only VP selection in the last 100 yrs that mattered was JFK's of LBJ, who delivered Tejas when it likely would have gone for Nixon.

And while I disagree on the impact of social issues, it is safe to say the GOP learned its lessons from the Akins and Mourdock campaigns of '12 that they are going to be quiet and reasonable and nonthreatening on social issues from now on. All of the successful candidates for senate & gov in '14 demonstrated that, and I'm sure the major serious presidential candidates for '16 will as well.

Limited government, less spending, less welfare, growing incomes, bigger middle class, roll back anti-business regulations, eliminate liberal crony corporate giveaways for the GE's and Google's, less pussified moronic foreign policy, following the laws and running an ethical administration. That's the winning message whoever is the nominee needs to stick too. or, shorthand, operate the exact opposite of the awful Obama/Clinton administration.

I support both death penalty and abortion. Matter of fact, I think we should do a 1-stop-shop. Lethal injection. Tap up the prisoner and the mother at the same time and take the fetus and the prisoner out with in one injection. That's saving tax payer money.

Elderly is considered to be 50 years old in prison. Meaning that, the prisoners start having health problems and age related illnesses 15 years earlier than non-incarcerated people. So guess who is fitting that health bill for those 50 year old inmates? Nothing like spending money to keep them alive so they can just rot in prison. So it makes no sense to keep these guys and gals on death row.

Abortion. Guess what? It's not the Paris Hiltons of the world getting knocked up and having abortions. They are girls who are dirt poor and no education and eventually become a boon on society. Abort'em all I say. You can't let theses leeches make babies and expect them to not apply for welfare later on. So you're idea is let these tax sucking leeches make babies.. Sometime in the early 70s before Roe Vs Wade, the highest rate of ER visits in the U.S were women trying to do back alley abortions. 1# reason for ER visits. Women were basically destroying themselves because there was no legal procedure. What you gonna do Warrior, throw women in jail for attempting to abort babies? hahaha

Bigblueinsanity is 100%. Republican party better shift their attention off the social issues or lose.
No, just making a point about hypocrisy. If you are going to complain about the death penalty and then in the next breath say abortions should be legal....you should just keep your mouth shut.

Reactions: bouncebackcats
Meh, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. There was no selection McCain could have made that would have altered the results, people vote for Presidents not for the Vice Presidents.

True and their internal polling indicated that they were going to lose, so Palin was a "hail Mary" so to speak. She did make a splash in her first speech and their numbers went up 2 or 3 points but then she took a couple of interviews and people found out what an air-head she was and the rest was downhill from there.

The fact that Dee thinks Romney went too far to the right is hilarious. His political understanding can be boiled down to a 3rd grader's homework assignment about an upcoming election.

Yea and I suppose you would have us believe that if only the Republicans would nominate a guy that wants to eliminate spending on on social services and education, do away with the EPA, the Dept of Transportation, NLRB, the Fed and privatize social security than all those hundreds of millions of latent Tea Party types like you that never vote, would race to the polls and Ted Cruz would be elected President in a landslide.

Your politician acumen is about as sophisticated as your understanding of economics.o_O

Last edited:
No, just making a point about hypocrisy. If you are going to complain about the death penalty and then in the next breath say abortions should be legal....you should just keep your mouth shut.

Warrior- that is where we differ and frankly the argument will never change. A fetus isn't a human no matter how many Christian MDs wanna argue it. Isn't there something in your bible that says god will judge you at your death? Well, if us heathens who support abortion are wrong, then you win the Heaven prize Warrior. Kudos.

Until then, it makes me face palm when social issues get more attention than the economical hardship in this country.

Speaking of social issues, I have a question. In terms of the death penalty what's your stance? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it. .

I tend to be against it, but for a different reason than most. I believe in the reality of reincarnation, so by giving someone the death penalty you give them an escape hatch and allow them to avoid any punishment at all, and move along right into the next life. I would much prefer that they be made to live the next 80 years in a cage along with the most despicable people in our society. That would be a much more formidable and proper punishment.

I tend to be against it, but for a different reason than most. I believe in the reality of reincarnation, so by giving someone the death penalty you give them an escape hatch and allow them to avoid any punishment at all, and move along right into the next life. I would much prefer that they be made to live the next 80 years in a cage along with the most despicable people in our society. That would be a much more formidable and proper punishment.

HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE.

Reactions: jauk11
Since 1973, it is estimated that 50 million abortions have been performed in the US.

Well that's never going to be forgotten.

Right up there with the time he claimed he was a prophet.

Of course, how silly of me to believe in reincarnation along with the majority of world citizens. It makes much more sense to believe when you die you float up into the clouds, face off with a giant sky-daddy and either get cast into an eternal barbeque pit or get fitted with a set of wings to fly around in the clouds blissfully and walk the streets of gold for eternity. How dumb of me.:D

wow, dude is apeshit crazy

btw, when people make remarks about Obama and Dems lying about UCA (btw deee has never answered by cadillac tax question, asked 3 times) deee shrugs it off as politicians being politicians. OTOH, not only was every word from Romney taken by him as tyrannical certainty, he also editorialized and speculated that Romney would raise taxes since his plan didn't add up.

Well that's never going to be forgotten.

Right up there with the time he claimed he was a prophet.

BTW Bill you finally got your wish, a search function that lets you go back and pull up previous posts. Not that you have what you wished for, how about producing the post where I allegedly claimed I was a prophet?. You can't of course becasue you know it doesn't exist.

BTW Bill you finally got your wish, a search function that lets you go back and pull up previous posts. Not that you have what you wished for, how about producing the post where I allegedly claimed I was a prophet?. You can't of course becasue you know it doesn't exist.

1. You 100% said you've had prophecies. Multiple other posters will attest to that. Notice that you aren't denying it, just challenging me to produce the post. Which brings me to point two...

2. Last I checked the search function only includes posts that have been made since the new boards were implemented. So unfortunately, your post claiming to be a prophet, along with your posts fawning over primary candidate Romney, your posts claiming Calipari would not be successful at UK, etc. etc. cannot be retrieved. If I'm incorrect about the search feature, I'll happily go find the post.

Edit: Nevermind, you are actually denying it. I just read the full post. And that's an absolute lie.

wow deeeee, you might want to go for checkup

tons of people will verify you said that

wow deeeee, you might want to go for checkup

tons of people will verify you said that
Yes he did.
Warrior- that is where we differ and frankly the argument will never change. A fetus isn't a human no matter how many Christian MDs wanna argue it. Isn't there something in your bible that says god will judge you at your death? Well, if us heathens who support abortion are wrong, then you win the Heaven prize Warrior. Kudos.

Until then, it makes me face palm when social issues get more attention than the economical hardship in this country.
It is a human fetus and nothing can be introduced into the egg that would change it. But, I do agree we will not change each others mind on that.

Abortion kills the chance at life - I'd say a fetus is a human, developing obviously but still...they get human features and functions pretty damn early.

Anyways, while I think the thought of abortion is terrible...I am still for it...how much of a chance does a baby have that its parents don't even want it? Then its someone elses problem

Maybe since poor people disproportionately abort babies it's actually a good thing since those babies then have a chance to be reincarnated into a rich baby.

Yes he did.

I'll give you or anyone else $1000 cash if you can produce evidence that I ever claimed to be a prophet. I did say there were times when I believe I had experienced premonitions or hunches that turned out to be accurate.

According to a Gallup poll, two in three Americans believe in or aren't sure about ESP, a category of phenomena that includes precognition, remote viewing, and mental telepathy.

Therefore it appears I'm not alone by any measure.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201206/your-sixth-sense

wow, dude is apeshit crazy

Be careful your Skydaddy doesn't approve of insults. You may wind up in that eternal barbeque pit to pop, hiss, and broil for eternity.

Better load up on:

k2-_2b7d12e7-95a6-48ae-94dc-5c864866a494.v1.jpg

He claimed he didn't say those things about Cal as well and someone on Rafters had saved them and just smoked him, it was glorious. He is like rqarnold/fuzz though, no matter how many people are against him or remind him of his own words he will just go into hyperspin or deflection.

Yea and I suppose you would have us believe that if only the Republicans would nominate a guy that wants to eliminate spending on on social services and education, do away with the EPA, the Dept of Transportation, NLRB, the Fed and privatize social security than all those hundreds of millions of latent Tea Party types like you that never vote, would race to the polls and Ted Cruz would be elected President in a landslide.

Your politician acumen is about as sophisticated as your understanding of economics.o_O

HA! I would never vote for Cruz and I am in no way a Tea Party type. Again, the fact that you can only frame debates in a MSNBC vs Fox News way shows your ignorance.

And I literally lol'd when you questioned my understanding of economics compared to your own. I value differing opinions when they are well reasoned and insightful. Having said that, your posts about economic issues show you to not be in my league. TS.

MINIMUM WAGE GO UP PEOPLE GET RICHER MULTIPLIER AFFECT!!! - Nostradeeemus

I'll give you or anyone else $1000 cash if you can produce evidence that I ever claimed to be a prophet. I did say there were times when I believe I had experienced premonitions or hunches that turned out to be accurate.

According to a Gallup poll, two in three Americans believe in or aren't sure about ESP, a category of phenomena that includes precognition, remote viewing, and mental telepathy.

Therefore it appears I'm not alone by any measure.

I never claimed to be a prophet. I claimed to have prophecies (you 100% without a doubt used some version of the word prophetic/prophecy). That's good.

And no, you're not in good company. Some people aren't sure about ESP. Crazy people claim to be prophets.

He claimed he didn't say those things about Cal as well and someone on Rafters had saved them and just smoked him, it was glorious. He is like rqarnold/fuzz though, no matter how many people are against him or remind him of his own words he will just go into hyperspin or deflection.

Never said anything disparaging about Coach Calipari and anyone that says I did is a liar including you which seems to be your specialty. I questioned the one and done strategy before 2012 as did several, and then later said I was wrong - gladly. Something you have never done and will likely never do.

Never said anything disparaging about Coach Calipari and anyone that says I did is a liar including you which seems to be your specialty. I questioned the one and done strategy before 2012 as did several, and then later said I was wrong - gladly. Something you have never done and will likely never do.

Dee, look at it like this maybe you were George Patton in a past life. He believed in reincarnation as well. I'm not going to pile on you for your beliefs which I respect. There are 2 things I hate in this world.
1.people who are intolerant to other people's religions
2.scientologists

So many people misremember this poor fella. Shameful.Vast right wing conspiracy folks.

(you 100% without a doubt used some version of the word prophetic/prophecy).

So now you are changing you accusation to something different. You 100% with a doubt are either confused or lying. The term Prophet can be defined as follows according to Wiki:
a prophet is an individual who is claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural or the divine, and to speak for them, serving as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other people. The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy.

That is something totally different than having a hunch, a premonition or a precognitive dream which millions be people believe they have had. That was the terminology I used. Like many statements I've made you took it and then tried to inflate and distort it into something else to serve your agenda in an attempt to discredit me.

No one really believes your nonsense and it's obvious what your intentions are to everyone except a few buffoons that can't think for themselves.

So many people misremember this poor fella. Shameful.Vast right wing conspiracy folks.

The person that started that lie was CatLanta something or other, who probably got a permaban for doing what you do, relentlessly attack other posters for no good reason.

Just becasue one person tells a lie and then a few others like you and Bill eager to believe any lie about me repeat it, does not give the lie any credibility.

You're just wasting time and board space trying to discredit me as you agenda is obvious to everyone except a few buffoons who can't think for themselves.

False.

The prophecy thing is true, the exact word is semantics at this point but everyone who saw it knew exactly what you were saying. You basically acknowledged it today with the "look how many other people have them" comment.

The icing is offering a Gurrr for something you know can't be done/searched.

The prophecy thing is true, the exact word is semantics at this point but everyone who saw it knew exactly what you were saying. You basically acknowledged it today with the "look how many other people have them" comment.

No the "prophecy thing" is not true, and I'll be happy to clear it up for you if I haven't already. I never said or insinuated that I represent some deity here on earth, which is what people who claim to be prophets, claim to do, if that was the impression you got, than that's incorrect. I merely referenced that there have been times in my life when I had premonitions about future events that in fact occurred.

Now that I have cleared that up, is there any reason to keep debating it?

Honestly it's truly amazing the acute memories some folks claim to have regarding recalling one word that one poster said over two years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT