POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for McCain because I was voting for anyone but Obama.

I didn't vote for Romney because he was a shitty candidate and would have been shitty for the country. I wasn't going to ask him to go to Washington and represent me as the President of my country.

I grew up in four years. Voting for McCain is absolutely embarrassing. Would only be worse if I actually voted for Obama.

Never again will I go to the voting booth and ask someone to please accept taxpayer money to go to Washington and represent me simply because I think the other guy will do a worse job.

If McCain hadn't picked Palin for VP, I would have voted for him. If he threw his name in today and made a more responsible VP pick, I would vote for him. There isn't anyone that has shown up yet that is any better.

I appreciate John McCain's service to this Country, other than that he is a backstabbing SOB. If he ran again and was the nominee, I won't vote regardless of who his VP pick would be. McCain isn't going to run anyway, but you may get a chance to vote for his butt buddy Lindsey Gramesty since he is considering running in 2016 for the GOP nomination.

If McCain hadn't picked Palin for VP, I would have voted for him. If he threw his name in today and made a more responsible VP pick, I would vote for him. There isn't anyone that has shown up yet that is any better.
This just slays me, every time. Palin was a clown. Biden was a clown. They were both clowns. Like, as in, complete clowns. And you can't use the "yeah but McCain is old and might die" argument either because you just said you'd vote for him today.

The pass Obama gets with Biden being a complete stooge of a human is ridiculous...

Biden was a clown.

2w4z7lh.gif

Fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, fake folksy mannerisms, serial female groper....after six plus years if he had an R beside his name NBC would be running a two hour special on SNLs top Biden skits.

The Vietnamese called McCain "The Songbird" and it wasn't because he was a great tenor.

That rat is indefensible. I'd rather 25 Ted Cruz clones be president than that scumball. At least you know what Cruz is and he's not parading around building a whole career off of a pack of lies while being a scurrilous rat in reality.

Silly revisionist history going on. Noone cared 2 shits about Romney being a Mormon. 99% of nonMormons couldn't tell you the 1st thing different about that religion than any other Christian versions that are out there in America - Baptist, Episcopal, Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Orthodox, whatever. And with that ignorance, voters had no objection to that aspect of him when deciding to vote for him (or not) as president.

what a silly thing to claim! Probably the total # of people who voted for Obama instead of Romney simply because of Mormonism wouldnt fill a damn classroom.

Romney lost because he turned off lower class/middle class working white voters that should have been going to the polls in droves to vote Obama out. less whites voted for Romney in '12 than voted for McCain in '08 - a number that should have gone up, not down. And this happened because he allowed himself to be defined as an out-of-touch multi-millionaire who made his money just pushing paper around on a desk cutting jobs as a Wall Street Corporate Raider rather than someone who rolled up his sleeves creating jobs.

Fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, fake folksy mannerisms, serial female groper....after six plus years if he had an R beside his name NBC would be running a two hour special on SNLs top Biden skits.
hahaha. so true....

Lol at Biden I know how easily he can be confused with John boehner
How do you get confused? Boehner is a pussy with a spray on tan. Biden is a GAF that exudes fakeness at every twitch. I guess that both have a fakeness, but Biden wins by 22 heads in that competition

Silly revisionist history going on. Noone cared 2 shits about Romney being a Mormon. 99% of nonMormons couldn't tell you the 1st thing different about that religion than any other Christian versions that are out there in America - Baptist, Episcopal, Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Orthodox, whatever. And with that ignorance, voters had no objection to that aspect of him when deciding to vote for him (or not) as president.

what a silly thing to claim! Probably the total # of people who voted for Obama instead of Romney simply because of Mormonism wouldnt fill a damn classroom.

Romney lost because he turned off lower class/middle class working white voters that should have been going to the polls in droves to vote Obama out. less whites voted for Romney in '12 than voted for McCain in '08 - a number that should have gone up, not down. And this happened because he allowed himself to be defined as an out-of-touch multi-millionaire who made his money just pushing paper around on a desk cutting jobs as a Wall Street Corporate Raider rather than someone who rolled up his sleeves creating jobs.

I know of a couple of people who told me they didn't think they could vote for a Mormon, but didn't draw a line in the sand. I'm guessing there were more. I personally think it was really stupid to vote Obama and what he stands for is much worse than to vote for a Mormon. Staying home if probably the worst choice of all, voting is a right that we should not take for granted. Turning off the middle class was a huge part, probably more than him being Mormon. I can give you that. Honestly, I actually said I couldn't relate to Romney, but I still think he would have made a good POTUS.

'Revisionist history' is a bit over the top.

I know of a couple of people who told me they could't vote for a Mormon. I'm guessing there were more. I personally think it was really stupid to vote Obama and what he stands for is much worse than to vote for a Mormon. Staying home if probably the worst choice of all, voting is a right that we should not take for granted. Turning off the middle class was a huge part, probably more than him being Mormon. I can give you that. Honestly, I actually said I couldn't relate to Romney, but I still think he would have made a good POTUS.

'Revisionist history' is a bit over the top.
Wkycat- Would you vote for someone's belief system that was based on magic underpants and golden rules that can only been seen by Joseph Smith????? If you have no problem voting for Mitt romeny and his belief in magical underpants, then you have no problem with a Scientologist running for president with the beliefs in Xenu, the leader and god of the galactic federation.

I'll agree with you on that willy, they all have imperfections. As for him Romney you're crazy if you think religion did not play a major role in him losing, the same thing can be said for Obama being black. It's not suppose to matter but it will always matter, which is kind of sad

Wkycat- Would you vote for someone's belief system that was based on magic underpants and golden rules that can only been seen by Joseph Smith????? If you have no problem voting for Mitt romeny and his belief in magical underpants, then you have no problem with a Scientologist running for president with the beliefs in Xenu, the leader and god of the galactic federation.

I'm Tom cruise and I approve this message.

I'm Tom cruise and I approve this message.
Which is scary, because I bet Tom Cruise could muster at least 1% of the vote based on his performance in Mission Impossible 4 alone.

I hate religion, but I will vote for a Christian guy like Rand Paul, because it seems he is the one Christian conservative who gets it. He isn't getting drowned by social issues from the loony Evangelicals and stays on what is important to the U.S which is personal freedom and economic opportunities for the American citizens WHO are the real heroes in this sick political game, all while practicing as a Christian. I can support that 100 outta 100 times.

sounds like Roberts has found a way to invalidate the state gay marriage bans without having to rule on a fundamental right to marry.

I said it before, I would consider voting for rand Paul, but this will piss off the ultra conservative. He thinks pot should be legal. Speaking off the Paul family, ron has seen more pussies in the gop than in the hospital.

He wasn't my choice in the primary. But I had a choice between Obama and Romney in general. I chose Romney and didn't think twice.

He wasn't my choice in the primary. But I had a choice between Obama and Romney in general. I chose Romney and didn't think twice.
No, you had other choices. I didn't vote for either and I'm happy with my vote. Don't let anyone BS you into thinking that you would waste a vote. A wasted vote is one who does not vote at all.

Only you can prevent Forrest fires! Willys right, voting is extremely important. If you are allowed to vote you should even if you want to write in somebody. As a registered voter, it pisses me off when people bitch about what's wrong with our country, yet they won't go out and vote.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Romney didn't lose because he was mormon, thats ridiculous. No one but the left gave a shit about it. What got him beat more than anything was the 47% comment.

Did you actually watch the debates? Romney absolutely smoked Obama in the first one, then for some reason backed off in the last two.

Romney lost because of social issues. The same reason republicans will struggle to retake the presidency until they stop yammering on about abortion; which is already well settled law and wont change.

Romney lost because of social issues. The same reason republicans will struggle to retake the presidency until they stop yammering on about abortion; which is already well settled law and wont change.
Again, false, no basis in factual analysis of the election results. Abortion wasn't even talked about on either side for the 2012 election.

It was about the economy and improving the middle class, Romney was a poor messenger on that topic.

No, you had other choices. I didn't vote for either and I'm happy with my vote. Don't let anyone BS you into thinking that you would waste a vote. A wasted vote is one who does not vote at all.

Fair enough. But these 'other choices' need to start being allowed into the debates to be legit.

Lol unfortunately, Michelle Bachman and her flamboyant husband won't make it that far. She wil be neck and neck with al Sharpton.

Again, false, no basis in factual analysis of the election results. Abortion wasn't even talked about on either side for the 2012 election.

It was about the economy and improving the middle class, Romney was a poor messenger on that topic.

Abortion is always a huge trap the GOP can't avoid somehow. Same with gay rights.

Obama was awful. His numbers were historically bad. Worst ever for a president winning 2nd term. But he trotted out the good old "war on women" etc and brought it home.

Of course his 47% didn't help either. But if I'm pointing to the main cause of defeat for Romney it would be social issues.

Speaking of social issues, I have a question. In terms of the death penalty what's your stance? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it. Most on the right are for it, while the same time claim Christianity. I know what the bible says but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I understand why you would want to see someone die, kind of like eye for an eye, but in the Ten Commandments it does say thou shall not kill. I look at it like this; if you want to see someone die, then you push the needle or someone in your family. Being Christian, and on judgment day, I sure as hell do not want to tell God; "I was just doing my job" in reference to to those who are ordered to carry out the sentence. Killing someone is too easy especially if that's what they want. Look at the Boston bomber, I'd give him life in prison only because it will be his hell on earth and your 72 virgins will have to wait while you take on 72 dudes standing in line waiting to take your virginity.

A lot of interesting theories about why Romney lost. Maybe a little truth in all of them, but my theory is elections are won by the moderate, swing voters in the major purple states - Ohio and Florida being the primary ones with lesser ones like New Hampshire and Colorado playing a roll. Romney went too far to the right during the primary and pandered too much to the Tea Party wing, then when the general begin it was too hard for him to move far enough to the middle to capture the key swing states.

I think it's interesting that Jeb Bush, being the establishment Republcian in the race, has already stated he won't make that mistake. Like him or hate him, he is going to stand by his past positions on education, Common Core, Immigration etc. It makes for a tougher road to win the nomination but if he does, he'll be in much better shape then Romney in the General IMO.

The fact that Dee thinks Romney went too far to the right is hilarious. His political understanding can be boiled down to a 3rd grader's homework assignment about an upcoming election.

"Republicans believe that businesses is important. Democrats think helping people is good. I think they are both good point and should be put together then we will have perfect goverment"

Good lord, might as well just read the RNC and DNC website and take it at face value. BUT IT SEYZ ON THE WEBSITE THEY ARE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!!

Last edited:
ole jeb, won't have to worry too much. The fact his brother was such an excellent president he won't get the nomination. I think it comes down to Rubio and rand Paul. Who you chose for Vice President is just as important. Ryan didn't do Romney any favors nor did palin for McCain. The fact Biden is a career politician with more years than I've been on this earth also helped obama. For the gop to have a strong chance, they need a strong candidate for Vice President as well.

i mean, if you vote in Kentucky, your vote doesn't really matter anyways

They say history repeats it's self. A Clinton was the last to win kentucky. Texas on the other hand is a whole different story. The first time a republican won Texas was Hoover. He was so bad his own party wouldn't nominate him for a second term. The last democrat to win Texas was carter. Carter was not a great president by no means but he is very intelligent and will atleast be remebered as a humanitarian and environmentlist. He had solar panels put on the White House to conserve energy. Him being too stuburn was his downfall. Hoover+W=great things depression and recession.

Speaking of social issues, I have a question. In terms of the death penalty what's your stance? Personally, I'm not a huge fan of it. Most on the right are for it, while the same time claim Christianity. I know what the bible says but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I understand why you would want to see someone die, kind of like eye for an eye, but in the Ten Commandments it does say thou shall not kill. I look at it like this; if you want to see someone die, then you push the needle or someone in your family. Being Christian, and on judgment day, I sure as hell do not want to tell God; "I was just doing my job" in reference to to those who are ordered to carry out the sentence. Killing someone is too easy especially if that's what they want. Look at the Boston bomber, I'd give him life in prison only because it will be his hell on earth and your 72 virgins will have to wait while you take on 72 dudes standing in line waiting to take your virginity.

I'm a Christian and do not favor the death penalty. At the same time, neither do I favor the way our prisons are run. Guys like the Boston bomber should be imprisoned without a chance of parole. Additionally, prison should not be a country club. Services necessary to maintain life should be the limit. No college degree programs (for those that will never get out). No medical procedures that most people can't afford. No sex change operations. Give them basic food, shelter,necessary medical treatment and counseling.

Back to the death penalty....I'm opposed to it only because there's always a chance a person can be saved as long as he is alive.

Politically, I'd like to see a candidate that:
1. Openly speaks out against islam and the muslim scourge that is terrorizing the world;
2. At the same time openly voices his/her unconditional support for Israel;
3. One that will work to overhall social programs. It's fine to take care of the poor...in fact I believe it's our obligation. However, only those persons with the most severe handicaps should get anything free. Put them to work earning their benefits, including unemployment benefits.
4. Propose capping government spending at the 2015 level of government revenue. Tax increases only for the purposes of paying off the debt and meeting our social security obligations. Spending can increase only as revenue increases.
5. Propose significant incentives for auto manufacturers to produce affordable ( less than 15K) electric cars as well as incentives for those who purchase those cars. We need to significantly reduce our need for oil.

I'm a Christian and do not favor the death penalty. At the same time, neither do I favor the way our prisons are run. Guys like the Boston bomber should be imprisoned without a chance of parole. Additionally, prison should not be a country club. Services necessary to maintain life should be the limit. No college degree programs (for those that will never get out). No medical procedures that most people can't afford. No sex change operations. Give them basic food, shelter,necessary medical treatment and counseling.

Back to the death penalty....I'm opposed to it only because there's always a chance a person can be saved as long as he is alive.

As you stated, I don't think it should be a country club either. Most of those guys who come off as hardcore are scared as hell to die. They do a great job making license plates though, as well as working for the state without benefits lol. I just look at it as though a death sentence doesn't justify anything because it's all ready done. But let's play Devils advocate for a moment. We all wanted to see bin laden get his, right? So I ask even though he didn't neccessairly kill anyone himself(we know of on 9/11) would you of liked to been told he was killed or thrown to the wolves on rikers island?

As you stated, I don't think it should be a country club either. Most of those guys who come off as hardcore are scared as hell to die. They do a great job making license plates though, as well as working for the state without benefits lol. I just look at it as though a death sentence doesn't justify anything because it's all ready done. But let's play Devils advocate for a moment. We all wanted to see bin laden get his, right? So I ask even though he didn't neccessairly kill anyone himself(we know of on 9/11) would you of liked to been told he was killed or thrown to the wolves on rikers island?
Politically, I'd like to see a candidate that:
1. Openly speaks out against islam and the muslim scourge that is terrorizing the world;
2. At the same time openly voices his/her unconditional support for Israel;
3. One that will work to overhall social programs. It's fine to take care of the poor...in fact I believe it's our obligation. However, only those persons with the most severe handicaps should get anything free. Put them to work earning their benefits, including unemployment benefits.
4. Propose capping government spending at the 2015 level of government revenue. Tax increases only for the purposes of paying off the debt and meeting our social security obligations. Spending can increase only as revenue increases.
5. Propose significant incentives for auto manufacturers to produce affordable ( less than 15K) electric cars as well as incentives for those who purchase those cars. We need to significantly reduce our need for oil.
I hate to disappoint you ram, but no canidate will ever come out and speak against a world religion that covers 1.6 billion people. Especially in the United states. This country was founded on freedom of religion amongst other things. Furthermore, you can't link them all together. Believe it or not the Muslim religion is suppose to be a pacifist one, but like those Christians who bomb abortion clinics they are just as bad. I say that as a Christian nor will I condone the "peaceful protesters" outside the abortion clinics wanting till kill one life for that that has not even considered a human being yet. Does it make women who have miscarriages murders also? I do believe in stem cell research as does ole Peyton manning for the right reasons. As for abortion, there are two and only two reasons when I agree with it. 1. If it will cost the mother her life. 2. If a woman was raped and she became pregnant.

ADVERTISEMENT