POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the above chart is one of those "unskewed" varieties. Remember how in 2012 the "Lame Stream" media was getting the polling all wrong, so the GOP created "Unskewed" polling data that showed Romney winning in a landslide?

images

I'm not saying growth has been great, but the economy has at least stabilized since the near economic collapse Bush left us with.

chart1_0.jpg

Which of Obama's policies have actually benefited the economy?

And please, if you think "stock market equals economy" then you are a goddam idiot and don't even attempt to answer the question.

What did you think the economy would do after a near collapse? Get worse? Being marginally better than a total failure isn't something to be proud of. Especially being marginally better for an extended period of time. We are 7 years on from a bad economic event and are still below what is required for a "healthy" economy. "Stabilizing" at this point in the process is not good, because a better term would be "stagnating."

Also, 12 states are still below the total number of full time workers they had in 2008. That's a damn fine recovery we got going on here, yes siree.

Maybe the above chart is one of those "unskewed" varieties. Remember how in 2012 the "Lame Stream" media was getting the polling all wrong, so the GOP created "Unskewed" polling data that showed Romney winning in a landslide?

images

I'm not saying growth has been great, but the economy has at least stabilized since the near economic collapse Bush left us with.

chart1_0.jpg

Forcing the banking industry to loan money to folks who can't afford to pay it back resulted in the recession, not Bush. The problem is Carter's creation (CRA). Clinton put that program on steroids.

Blaming Bush is for the recession is like blaming McGovern for Watergate.

Deeee, RQ/Fuzz, and FTS....the State of TN has been very unkind to Catpaw

I suppose one could take the mindless approach of benchmarking the economy after 9/11 and use the GDP numbers afterward to make Bush sound great. Would be dumb.

I honestly couldn't give a shit less about unemployment, the number of college graduates who've taken on astronomical debt and can't find jobs, the current federal debt in addition to the unfunded obligations that will never be met, the people who've given up hope of ever finding a job, the people who've taken to disability, the people who can't afford to buy their own food without government assistance, shrinking take home pay, outrageous healthcare and insurance costs, etc. etc.

So long as we keep the federal pumps running to take money from my kids and grandkids to rally the stock market, it's all good.

While we're at it, since the stock market is so high indicating a record setting economy, let's hand the POTUS some new authority to make it easier to outsource jobs.

One of the main problems I always have with these reports, is "unemployment" isn't even a measurement of people actually unemployed. Its a hilarious manipulation. It doesn't even count people that aren't actively seeking employment. So tons of deadbeats, check drawers, and people who have been "unemployed" for too long aren't even counted.

Reactions: DSmith21 and P19978
Check it out, the Compassionate Conservative raised federal per capita spending from about $9000/person to $12,422 person, whereas the Tax and Spend Liberal has managed so far to keep per capita spending flat. Imagine that. I wonder how Transyboy will spin this one :D

Kudos to H. W. the only president since Kennedy to leave office with a lower per capita spending figure. Honorable mention, Slick Willie who came close.

Chart1-Spending-Per-Capita-vero_0.png

http://mercatus.org/publication/rise-capita-federal-spending

Last edited:
Why would you think I am fan or apologist for GWB's economic policies? Especially when I have explicitly discussed how awful they were. Other than, as already stated, you are an idiot you can only see a binary political system where only teams exist.

Your chart really doesn't even prove your point, either. So Obama's *average* spending is higher than all of GWB's, save one year? That's what you are bragging about? Are you counting the sequester as an Obama victory as well? You don't even believe in nor understand the policies you support, you just go with the team. You really are the lowest common denominator when it comes to politics as sport.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
[roll]

So Defense was on here fully supporting every dime that was spent during the last year of Bush's term with a fully Democrat congress while most of the posters called him an idiot, and now he's trying to get the fiscal conservatives on here to justify the spending? And Obama's a saint because he took that astronomical baseline basically and kept it that high?

Reactions: P19978
So every year under GWB other than the last (which was impacted by the stimulus) was much better than any under BO.....good find deeeee!

Well, jobs are dangerous.

Jobs are a Liberal;s worst enemy. If everyone had a job, the Liberal agenda of keeping as many people (poor) dependent on the government would mean they would never win another election. Anyone working for a living don't want to pay half their earnings in taxes. Poor people are enslaved, and they don't realize it.

Jobs are a Liberal;s worst enemy. If everyone had a job, the Liberal agenda of keeping as many people (poor) dependent on the government would mean they would never win another election. Anyone working for a living don't want to pay half their earnings in taxes. Poor people are enslaved, and they don't realize it.
I appreciate your words. To me, you are the embodiment of a the type of voter the Republicans need to win elections.

A trip to the grocery store is all you need to tell you the economy sucks.

Cause prolonged drought in the food producing areas of California have nothing to do with it.
Nor the losses from the bird flu in poultry or the PED virus in the pork.
The increased demand for corn in ethanol production.
Even the fact than your average meal travels 1500 miles from farm to plate from a less diversified supply chain.

Political propaganda that didn't help average American.
Much like finding WMD's in Iraq.

Not at all alike.

Both Dems and Repubs thought there were WMDs; that's why they both voted to invade.

No Repubs and very few Dems believed in "Recovery Summer".

A trip to the grocery store is all you need to tell you the economy sucks.

I went to the grocery store yesterday. The shelves were full, lots of variety... oh wait, you couldn't get ground beef for under $5/lb? Awww.... The Russians under Soviet rule think you are being pussies.

Not at all alike.

Both Dems and Repubs thought there were WMDs; that's why they both voted to invade.

No Repubs and very few Dems believed in "Recovery Summer".

The Iraq Resolution 126 Democrat House members voted against it, only 6 Republicans said nay.

If very few Dems didn't believe in the Recovery Act, then why did it pass 244-188 in the House with 177 nays being Republican?

True they are different.
One spent money on domestic recovery and infrastructure. $800 billion cost
The other spent money and lives on a takeover, recovery and rebuilt infrastructure on foreign soil. $2 trillion dollar cost conservatively and 4489 US troops, 3455 US contractors dead

Reactions: Deeeefense
Global warming is likely real. It's unclear whether it's man made, and even more uncertain that taxes/carbon credits/more money will solve the problem. It's not on the top 10 list of biggest problems.
global warming and climate change are both a hoax... But hell yeah throwing more money at it is a solution... Just look what it has done for poverty and education in the United States... all those TRILLIONS of dollars have really been worth it...just look at Baltimore perfect example

For all the Repugs who said HRC was not engaged leading up to the 9/11 Benghazi attack, via Politico:

At 5:50 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2012 — hours before news reports would first show footage from the compound attack — Clinton was emailing about Libya. Her request to close aide Huma Abedin? Nothing indicating any concerns about security on the anniversary of al Qaeda’s deadliest attack. Instead, Clinton asked for a copy of Bernard Henri-Levi’s film that appeared at the Cannes Film Festival.

Al Jazeera Arabic has a poll gauging support for ISIS attacks. 38k votes, 81% approval.

“Do you support the organizing victories of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS)?"

Further evidence that a few rotten apples are giving all of Islam a bad name, right?

Further evidence that a few rotten apples are giving all of Islam a bad name, right?
Al Jazeera Arabic has a pro Sunni Muslim bias, and it's viewership is largely Sunni - Sunni Muslims would love to see the overthrown of the governments of Iraq and Syria which are in the control of Shiite Muslims. This poll is reflects the Sunni hatred of the dominating Shiite governments of Iraq and Syria, not the general feeling of middle east people towards ISIS.

To put it another way, this would be like some Fox News poll from 2005 asking its viewers if they supported the Iraq war - which they overwhelmingly did of course.

FTS' version of exploring issues is well documented as being mindless and clownish. His research that led to supporting HRC, with passion, was derived from reading her website. I can't imagine where he was fed the opinion above.

FTS' version of exploring issues is well documented as being mindless and clownish. His research that led to supporting HRC, with passion, was derived from reading her website. I can't imagine where he was fed the opinion above.

Maybe you could do some research and stop being willfully ignorant about middle east opinions about ISIS. But it's just easier to latch on to a sensational headline that fits your agenda, right? Btw, haven't been to, or cited the HRC website - that's just you talking out of your ass again.

The Iraq Resolution 126 Democrat House members voted against it, only 6 Republicans said nay.

If very few Dems didn't believe in the Recovery Act, then why did it pass 244-188 in the House with 177 nays being Republican?

True they are different.
One spent money on domestic recovery and infrastructure. $800 billion cost
The other spent money and lives on a takeover, recovery and rebuilt infrastructure on foreign soil. $2 trillion dollar cost conservatively and 4489 US troops, 3455 US contractors dead

And both are terrible.

You don't have to trust me to tell you what her positions are. Go to
http://www.ontheissues.org/
You'll find her voting record and direct quotes on all the major issues.
I invite you to use the site to search other candidates positions as well. Put some time into this and you can be well informed.

FYI, your source of opinion. This website is devoted to just putting out candidates quotes and their platform from their speeches and stated platform. Propaganda for the mindless.

Why don't you spell out her main objectives, with her record as a sign they are legitimate?

Last edited:
Just laughing my ass off that someone is spinning that poll to make it something other than yet another sign of why ISIS is growing.

Relatedly Ash Carter actually criticized Iraq for being cowards, which is true, and we sent our hairplugged and tanned clown of a VP to apologize immediately to soothe their hurt feelings.

FYI, your source of opinion. This website is devoted to just putting out candidates quotes and their platform from their speeches and stated platform. Propaganda for the mindless.

That site is in no way affiliated with HRC. You said I get my info from her website, which is false. Stop making stuff up.

Last edited:
Maybe you could do some research and stop being willfully ignorant about middle east opinions about ISIS. But it's just easier to latch on to a sensational headline that fits your agenda, right? Btw, haven't been to, or cited the HRC website - that's just you talking out of your ass again.
You need only watch and or read the news in any venue to see how the middle east feels about us. When attacked, you can see thousands dancing in the streets with joy. Now, some media outlets try and hide it as much as they can but, eventually the truth comes out. Quit listening to the Obama, Reid, Pelosi, blog report and start learning what is really going on.

ADVERTISEMENT