POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Now that we've settled abortion lol...

I'm still flabbergasted on the report that the US has spent $20T on welfare since the Johnson administration... essentially incentivising folks to not work.

I guess that's one way to buy votes.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Now that we've settled abortion lol...

I'm still flabbergasted on the report that the US has spent $20T on welfare since the Johnson administration... essentially incentivising folks to not work.

I guess that's one way to buy votes.

Another way is to explain is the loss of manufacturing jobs and the wealth disparity increase since the 70s too. You don't think that figured in the welfare? Less money for the have-nots and more money for the haves?

The most ironic stance of all time is for liberals to be proclaim "pro-choice" and "against the death penalty" in the same breath.

Killing babies? Perfectly fine.

Killing criminals, animals, or trees? Absolutely not.

The same people who will transport and save every stray animal in sight will also refuse to give even the slightest help to humans in need.

The far left are quite the interesting group.

I give Gates credit for telling it like it is regarding Bush's takeover of Iraq:

Gates: Bush Screwed Up the War on Terror

"President Bush always detested the notion, but our later challenges in Afghanistan—especially the return of the Taliban in force by the time I reported for duty—were, I believe, significantly compounded by the invasion of Iraq. Resources and senior-level attention were diverted from Afghanistan. U.S. goals in Afghanistan—a properly sized, competent Afghan national army and police, a working democracy with at least a minimally effective and less corrupt central government—were embarrassingly ambitious and historically naive compared with the meager human and financial resources committed to the task, at least before 2009.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/defense/gates-bush-screwed-up-the-war-on-terror-20140108

Odds are very good FTS did not even know who Gates is but quickly googled "Gates criticizes Bush" and found that article. Or he found it on the HRC for POTUS website he linked the other day where he does his, ahem, research.

FTS, you want to talk about something recent like how Gates (and Panetta) feel about Obama ignoring them in Iraq and allowing ISIS to build?

Odds are very good FTS did not even know who Gates is but quickly googled "Gates criticizes Bush" and found that article. Or he found it on the HRC for POTUS website he linked the other day where he does his, ahem, research.

FTS, you want to talk about something recent like how Gates (and Panetta) feel about Obama ignoring them in Iraq and allowing ISIS to build?
I just think it's funny that you want to point out all that's wrong in the Middle East right now, all things things considered.

Even Jeb Bush is now running away from his brother and those who set all this in motion.

If the GOP is looking to score political points off the situation in Iraq and the Middle East they are idiots.

Today in Iowa - Hillary's answer to question if she would answer questions from the press was absolutely the most arrogant! She said that she would put it on her list. I am glad Ed Henry asked if she would take questions and the other reporters had to press her. She wants the emails released by the State Dept but now says that they aren't hers. She is a liar - pure and simple and of course, she doesn't see any conflict of interest with her foundation. The Clintons made $25 million on speeches in the last year but she wants to help the less fortunate. Yea, sure she does as long as those speech dollars keep coming in. I read where the foundation only contributes a small amount to charity and keeps the rest for themselves - wouldn't surprise me a bit. Sure will be interesting when she is in debates and see how she can lie herself out of the questions that are going to be asked.

A little Rubio double speak. . . .

11150517_993791807320756_1884070769339413223_n.jpg

I don't like the idea of abortion, but I dislike the idea even more of someone having to have a baby they don't want and can't take care of.
Then give the baby up for adoption. There are many couples in the US that want babies but have to go abroad to get them. Abortion is wrong, wrong, wrong. Take a look at an ultrasound and you will see a living being not a 'thing' as the abortionist like to call it.

Ha. Obama and his crew were running around taking credit for the "success" of the Iraq war just a few short years ago after the surge. Now that's its gone to shit again you'd think Bush had been running the country the past 4 years. It couldn't possibly be due to obama's decision to pull out....against the advise of pretty much everyone.

Are there any sane democrats left?

And then we have Chelsea -

Know your place, peon! You may not approach Chelsea Clinton. If you need to contact her, you can only do so indirectly through a producer. Never face to face which is for ordinary people.
Those were the instructions for Chelsea's co-workers at not only NBC News but also at the management consulting firm at McKinsey where she briefly worked. Apparently Chelsea's attitude is so toxic that even dedicated liberals at the Clinton Foundation have split rather than having to deal with Chelsea according to a New York Post report:
At both the management consulting firm and the network, co-workers allegedly were told they couldn’t approach Chelsea.
A source at NBC, where Chelsea was paid $600,000 a year, said, “If someone wanted to talk to Chelsea about something, they had to go through a producer.”
Chelsea, whose underwhelming body of work at NBC caused a Washington Post TV critic to call her one of the most boring people of her era, also seems to have carried this attitude over to the Clinton Foundation, causing a major exodus:
Chelsea Clinton is so unpleasant to colleagues, she’s causing high turnover at the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation, sources say.
Several top staffers have left the foundation since Chelsea came onBoard as vice chairman in 2011.
“A lot of people left because she was there. A lot of people left because she didn’t want them there,” an insider told me. “She is very difficult.”

haha- going after the kids. Nice job CATS1945. It's bad enough that we all know Hillary sucks, but you go for the jugular and rip on the kids.

"I heard Tommy Clinton, a 9 yr old cousin to Chelsea, wanted secret service at his daycare! The nerve of him."

haha- going after the kids. Nice job CATS1945. It's bad enough that we all know Hillary sucks, but you go for the jugular and rip on the kids.

"I heard Tommy Clinton, a 9 yr old cousin to Chelsea, wanted secret service at his daycare! The nerve of him."

Chelsea is not a Kid and has every right to be criticized since she is in the public spotlight. Got paid big bucks $600,000 for what? Just because she is a Clinton. Boy baby, feel so sorry for her.

Sounds just like her Mom and Dad - poor thing - maybe she didn't have enough money to pay the bills. Has to have that money to pay for the $10.5 million condo

I just think it's funny that you want to point out all that's wrong in the Middle East right now, all things things considered.

Even Jeb Bush is now running away from his brother and those who set all this in motion.

If the GOP is looking to score political points off the situation in Iraq and the Middle East they are idiots.
No, what is funny is how he brought out your hypocrisy by showing how you can't see the problems Obama has created there but, once again, pointing out Bush's faults which by the way most people concede when it comes to Iraq. You lose all credibility by pushing the same old BS by blaming bush for the problems now belonging to and caused by Obama.

No, what is funny is how he brought out your hypocrisy by showing how you can't see the problems Obama has created there but, once again, pointing out Bush's faults which by the way most people concede when it comes to Iraq. You lose all credibility by pushing the same old BS by blaming bush for the problems now belonging to and caused by Obama.

Nah, Bush will always own the Middle East --- Not to say Obama didn't make his share of mistakes.

But personally, I was fed up with spending Billions of dollars in Iraq each month and am glad Obama kept the withdrawal date as set forth by Bush.

IMO, we could have stayed in Iraq for the next 40 years to try to keep peace with our men and our treasury, and in the end, when we finally left, the same chaos would break out just as now.

Reactions: fuzz77
Chelsea is an adult now. She is married,has a kid and a record of what she does and how she acts. Her, the Bush twins, are all fair game now. The Obama girls are off limits.

I see what you are saying. I just think it's ticky tacky to worry about what Chelsea, the Bush Twins, Obama's girls, etc are doing. They're irrelevant. CATS1945 actually posted a "most boring" from NBC/Washington Post. Really? "Most boring" Jesus effing Christ. People like CATS1945 have retired and are bored. "Most boring". Wow, that's something really really worth getting all worked up over. Jesus Christ. And couldn't care less who is paying her$600K a year. Obviously those people hate money and they are apparently complete imbeciles too.

How many votes will Chelsea bring to the plate for Hill-dog? 367? Hillary will do herself in, she doesn't need help.

Nah, Bush wil always own the Middle East --- Not to say Obama didn't make his share of mistakes.

But personally, I was fed up with spending Billions of dollars in Iraq each month and am glad Obama kept the withdrawal date as set forth by Bush.

IMO, we could have stayed in Iraq for the next 40 years to try to keep peace with our men and our treasury, and in the end, when we finally left, the same chaos would break out just as now.
I cannot argue your last point. I have been saying this all along, it does not matter who is there, they have been fighting for thousands of years. But, Obama supporters need to admit what he owns and drive on.

Ha. Obama and his crew were running around taking credit for the "success" of the Iraq war just a few short years ago after the surge. Now that's its gone to shit again you'd think Bush had been running the country the past 4 years. It couldn't possibly be due to obama's decision to pull out....against the advise of pretty much everyone.

It's not our decision rather or not to occupy another country, it's the decision of the government of the host country. The Iraqi government submitted to us a status of forces agreement that was signed by then President Bush that required the US leave Iraq by a date certain. There is an argument that may have a least some merit that the status of forces agreement might have been renegotiated to allow up to 10,000 troops to stay on as a residual force. It's not certain that would have been the case but Obama choose not to pursue that option. Even if he had, 10,000 troops is a drop in the bucket compared to what it would take to secure a country the size of Iraq and it would have taken large number of Iraqi troops as well to get the job done - if you watch the news you know just how well trained and courageous the Iraqi forces are. 10,000 US troops would probably have been enough to secure Baghdad but that's about it.

Iraq was destabilized by Bush's decision to invade and the subsequent chaos that have today is a direct result of that, and the De-batthification policy that resulted in Saddam's army being turned away, only to regroup into what is now called ISIS (which began in 2006, not last month).

Yes, that is game mindless cheerleaders like deee and FTS like to play. Gave him credit up until it was not feasible and then fall back on the "it was the Bush plan already in place". Pathetic. As we have seen in Afg and in other instances those agreements are routinely delayed as was recommended in Iraq but as his own GD Sec of Defense stated, it was obvious it was all about politics and the election. He has two major cabinet members, Panetta and Gates (and to some degree HRC), speaking out about the missteps and yet these dipshits just spin away on his behalf. One worked his campaigns and the other one is the only person on this board so enamored with a politician that they use him in their sig.

Nah, Bush will always own the Middle East --- Not to say Obama didn't make his share of mistakes.

Ungodly stupid. On one hand you state the historic hopeless nature of the ME and on the other you say Bush owns all the ME conflict. Even someone as prone as you are at making dumb statements can surely see the hypocrisy. Who am I kidding.

I guess I can play this kind of mindless game and state that if Clinton wasn't dicking around the Taliban and OBL would not have gained power and unleashed it all.

Pretty much no one wants to be over there but the slaughtering that would take place if not confronted would be historic. Iraq was a mistake but it did not cause anything that was not going to happen anyway.

So Matt Bevin won. Great. I agree with him on some stuff, but isn't a perfect candidate by any means. That said, get as many outsiders in there as possible. Eff the establishment

I would guess Bevin had the worst odds of the top 3 to beat Conway. Frankfort is pretty much unchangeable anyway.

Iowa Dems can't name any accomplishment of HRC as SoS....this is via MSNBC. Sounds like the ones on here.

I have a hard time imagining Bevin beating Conway. Conway will have Beshear, money, and power behind him. Bevin's best chance is simple likability. Conway may be lacking in that category. I'm sure Bevin will attempt to tie Conway to Obama, which might work like it did for McConnell and Grimes.

Conway is not a great candidate either. He is 2-2 in statewide elections (0-2 in races where the GOP put up a well funded candidate) and is obviously not real comfortable on the campaign trail. I bet the race will be close.

Last edited:
I think its safe to say that Rand Paul is no fan of Conway. I wonder how much support he will throw Bevin's way.

I see what you are saying. I just think it's ticky tacky to worry about what Chelsea, the Bush Twins, Obama's girls, etc are doing. They're irrelevant. CATS1945 actually posted a "most boring" from NBC/Washington Post. Really? "Most boring" Jesus effing Christ. People like CATS1945 have retired and are bored. "Most boring". Wow, that's something really really worth getting all worked up over. Jesus Christ. And couldn't care less who is paying her$600K a year. Obviously those people hate money and they are apparently complete imbeciles too.

How many votes will Chelsea bring to the plate for Hill-dog? 367? Hillary will do herself in, she doesn't need help.

It is a little tacky. But as an adult child, Chelsea has taken advantage of the Clinton name to the fullest. If shes using it to her benefit, she should be subjected to the burden it carries too.

She wasn't just born on 3rd base. She was born in the owners box looking down on the field.

Iowa Dems can't name any accomplishment of HRC as SoS....this is via MSNBC. Sounds like the ones on here.
Ask that guy what her policies are and what all she has really gotten done and I bet he stumbles the entire time without any factual evidence. However, Scott Walker is going to get rid of all the unions. That is his only shred of evidence on why Clinton should be President? SMH At least some of the GOP candidates have a real record of making decisions whether you agree with those decisions or not. Clinton's accomplishments are mostly made up or complete lies to hide the real truths of her incompetence and inability to lead. Same folks who voted for Obama so why am I surprised.....

What Bush didn't do to cause all the problems in the ME, climate confusion has....not from the onion.

"I understand climate change did not cause the conflicts we see around the world, yet what we also know is that severe drought helped to create the instability in Nigeria that was exploited by the terrorist group Boko Haram," Obama said in his speech.

"It's now believed that drought and crop failures and high food prices helped fuel the early unrest in Syria, which descended into civil war in the heart of the Middle East," he added.

Maybe Obama is just confusing global warming with the religions that are behind the instability in Nigeria.

It's probably hard to keep all the faith based government crusades straight.

I thought the views on waterboarding versus drones evolved quickly but the shift from campaign finance reform rants to crickets about the cash rolling to the Clintons is impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT