POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking like Lindsey Graham will soon announce he will run in 2016. Will Deeefense cheer this news?

Deee will support any GOP candidate that supports substantial carbon taxes, abortion up to the third year of life, and outlaws religion.

Make access to tubal ligation free to women and it would be a win/win for all involved. The cost of an unwanted/unplanned child for America is huge. I don't believe most of these low income unwed mothers really want a baby in the first place, but shit happens.

Generally isn't true, from what Ive seen. In terms of pure economics, to most a child is a financial liability. To these folks, theyre a financial gain. Until that changes, expect more of the same.

Does any really think the national debt will ever be paid?
No. Baby boomers like you and Defense continue to vote and are too big of a voting bloc to overcome. And you're a group that will continue to vote no matter what.

There's no way my generation or my kids will be able to pay off the debt.

Never. At some point we'll just reneg on our debts, go through a few years of pain, and then start spending again. The national debt is NEVER going to get paid. As long as we have the strongest military we can do this.

Yea but it will be paid with the "new and improved" currency that they will issue after all the dollars are called in. Instantly the national debt will vanish, of course your $250,000 house will now be worth $90,000 and your 401K will from six digits to 5.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsey-graham-im-running-because-the-world-is-falling-apart//Deeefense it was more about another Moderate Republican running for the White House that dislikes the Tea Party.

Well I will say Graham is fairly reasonable when it comes to domestic issues, but is a lunatic on foreign policy, the worst of the neo-con types. If someone could just morph the domestic policy of Graham with the foreign policy of Rand Paul, then you would have a pretty good candidate a lot of folks could vote for.

I thought for a while Jeb might be that guy but he's digging himself into a hole with embracing the Bush Doctrine and bringing the war hawks like Wolfowitz into his inner circle. no one wants to go back to that future.

Just heard that, since the Johnson administration, the US has spent $20T on welfare.

I'd like to see the ROI on that lol.

The ROI is votes, liberals are by and large disingenuous scumbags but they know how to work the system for power.

Yea but it will be paid with the "new and improved" currency that they will issue after all the dollars are called in. Instantly the national debt will vanish, of course your $250,000 house will now be worth $90,000 and your 401K will from six digits to 5.

I bet Democrat Woodrow Wilson was thinking this as he signed away Americans' ability to control their own future debt, knowing that eventually that debt will keep them enslaved to the system. Matter of fact, I think he even voiced his disappointment in his self after signing it.

Never. At some point we'll just reneg on our debts, go through a few years of pain, and then start spending again. The national debt is NEVER going to get paid. As long as we have the strongest military we can do this.
Actually, I think this was discussed before with a well known economist saying something similar.

What does abortion views have to do with KY Ag Commissioner? Mindless pandering.

Just saw an ad for a pro-life Ag Commissioner. Jesus is Ky Proud.

I've never understood how pro-life got labeled as a religious issue. I can't kill you (or my kid) or I go to jail. So it boils down to where life begins. Governments protect life.

The most ironic stance of all time is for liberals to be proclaim "pro-choice" and "against the death penalty" in the same breath.

One of the problems I have, is I feel like if, as a drunk driver, I kill a pregnant woman, I'm going down for 2 counts, not 1.

Sure do.

FYI to all liberals: there is a difference between punishing the guilty and punishing the innocent.

Are you liberals really that stupid?
I guess the pro-choice crowd doesn't really see it as "punishing the innocent"......neither does the Supreme Court.

hahaha back to abortion.

Folks, if we get this abortion thing figured out the U.S debt magically goes away, unemployment goes to 0% and guess what? The Gov't quits spending tax payer money frivolously. So WE must spend more emotional energy on this issue to save the U.S.

I've said it before, but if I had Obama's power as dictator, I would offer $50,000 lump sum cash payments to any American who wanted to be sterilized. That would probably take care of the abortion "problem" overnight, and save us hundreds of billions of dollars in the long run. You'd also get the side benefit of those that used their $50,000 to go on some sort of drug binge and OD'd.

Snoop Dogg endorsed HRC yesterday...congrats FTS! Saw more tweets on that from the political media than this little nugget from the NYT....merely a SoS emailing national security info from a personal email to a non govt employee to help supporters get contracts.

Mr. Gowdy’s chief interest, according to people briefed on the inquiry, is a series of memos that Mr. Blumenthal — who was not an employee of the State Department — wrote to Mrs. Clinton about events unfolding in Libya before and after the death of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi. According to emails obtained by The New York Times, Mrs. Clinton, who was secretary of state at the time, took Mr. Blumenthal’s advice seriously, forwarding his memos to senior diplomatic officials in Libya and Washington and at times asking them to respond. Mrs. Clinton continued to pass around his memos even after other senior diplomats concluded that Mr. Blumenthal’s assessments were often unreliable.

But an examination by The Times suggests that Mr. Blumenthal’s involvement was more wide-ranging and more complicated than previously known, embodying the blurry lines between business, politics and philanthropy that have enriched and vexed the Clintons and their inner circle for years.

While advising Mrs. Clinton on Libya, Mr. Blumenthal, who had been barred from a State Department job by aides to President Obama, was also employed by her family’s philanthropy, the Clinton Foundation, to help with research, “message guidance” and the planning of commemorative events, according to foundation officials. During the same period, he also worked on and off as a paid consultant to Media Matters and American Bridge, organizations that helped lay the groundwork for Mrs. Clinton’s 2016 campaign.

hahaha back to abortion.

Folks, if we get this abortion thing figured out the U.S debt magically goes away, unemployment goes to 0% and guess what? The Gov't quits spending tax payer money frivolously. So WE must spend more emotional energy on this issue to save the U.S.

You make good points, but not many people really wanted to do anything about slavery either. Some things matter in principle.

You make good points, but not many people really wanted to do anything about slavery either. Some things matter in principle.

Wkycatfan- Roe vs Wade isn't getting overturned. Ever. So it's a dead issue. It's an emotion fodder aimed to keep people off the important issues like money inequality propped up by lobbying. We're more likely to get rid of the Social Security Act and Medicare before Roe vs Wade. But sigh, it doesn't matter what I think, humans are too low on the evolutionary chain to really understand reason over emotion.

Wkycatfan- Roe vs Wade isn't getting overturned. Ever. So it's a dead issue. It's an emotion fodder aimed to keep people off the important issues like money inequality propped up by lobbying. We're more likely to get rid of the Social Security Act and Medicare before Roe vs Wade. But sigh, it doesn't matter what I think, humans are too low on the evolutionary chain to really understand reason over emotion.

You are correct but... should I just throw in the towel and turn a blind eye to the murder of 1.2 mm babies per year in the US because its "too emotional"?

No. Baby boomers like you and Defense continue to vote and are too big of a voting bloc to overcome. And you're a group that will continue to vote no matter what.

There's no way my generation or my kids will be able to pay off the debt.
You're so stupid.

Correct - and it's also relevant to note that the abortion rate per capita was as high when abortion was illegal as it was after Roe. Therefore making abortion illegal again achieves nothing for the pro life advocates.

The only time abortion rates have gone down in the US is during the Clinton era and that's becasue more emphasis was made on birth control and prenatal care.

Abortion is essentially a wedge issue that will not be resolved through the legal system.

Reactions: Willy4UK
ADVERTISEMENT