POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what are Hilary's positions on the issues? The ones that you define as mainstream.

Edit: And if you're going to let us know her positions, please cite sources. Or, just say, "I'm talking out of my ass. I don't know what Hilary's positions are because she's never committed to anything, and I'm going to vote for the criminal anyway."

So what are Hilary's positions on the issues? The ones that you define as mainstream.

Edit: And if you're going to let us know her positions, please cite sources. Or, just say, "I'm talking out of my ass. I don't know what Hilary's positions are because she's never committed to anything, and I'm going to vote for the criminal anyway."

You don't have to trust me to tell you what her positions are. Go to
http://www.ontheissues.org/
You'll find her voting record and direct quotes on all the major issues.
I invite you to use the site to search other candidates positions as well. Put some time into this and you can be well informed.

Last edited:
Better link is what I recommended above regarding dogs humping footballs.

Dude once claimed Lex Green was in a bad part of town. May be special.

ER visits are increasing even more now that Medicaid has expanded and obamacare is in effect.

True story

That's probably true though I believe you are referring to a telephone survey of emergency room docs - half said the level has increased a quarter said it decreased and a quarter said it stayed about the same.

I think the bigger question that posses is, are the ERs getting more people that are covered by some sort of insurance even if it's Medicaid?

As an aside, some states, I think Pennsylvania is one, require hospitals to have a Nurse Practitioner on duty. People that show up at ERs with minor injuries or illnesses are first referred to the NP where their issue can be treated for a fraction of the cost.

Most hospitals are already doing that as a cost-saving measure. And they've been doing that for years.

Most hospitals are already doing that as a cost-saving measure. And they've been doing that for years.
Start putting LCSWs and LMHCs in primary care doctor offices and watch the drop in ER visits.
Start including in the yearly physical at the dr office a full mental health check up with it and watch those rates drop.

derp derp, if people actually give a shit about pre-screening for mental health problems and guess what, may end saving some dollars and a few other human lives with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
I hope you guys get to nominate Walker or one of the other hard right candidates as GOP standard bearer in '16. All on the wrong side of public opinion on immigration, Social Security/Medicare, LGBT rights, abortion rights, tax cuts for the rich.... Hilary will deliver the biggest an ass whipping since '84 if that's the case.
Yeah, I really do believe she will win but, that just shows how many uneducated idiots we have in this country.

*** preface I don't want a police talk just a criminal/aclu comment ***

So Louisville is adding some more cop body cams....I'm sure this is going to get widespread which is fine, not my point.

Once widespread, how long do you guys think the boomerang will take to happen? More arrests/convictions because they were caught on tape? ACLU steps in? People should have the right to ask the cops to turn their cameras off to protect their crime errrrrrrrrrrr civil overtones and privacy?

I don't know, could be wrong.
Some knowing that they will be on camera will not resist or show what kind of person they really are. Then there are those who just don't care.

Last edited:
I just think there is a real probability that the some of the same people advocating them will be begging for them to be turned off in the future.

And to your point WC, percentage wise it's mostly going to be the latter, imo. The percentage of people out there that give a **** in general is only trending in one direction.

Or maybe put it this way: would it stun anyone if after a few years of widespread use conviction rates going up due to the evidence on the cameras, couldn't you see the ACLU demand that evidence not be admissible? I think it's a certainty...."the cameras are to monitor the police from killing people, not put them in jail unjustly blarghhhh"

Pretty easy jump, I think.

On an unrelated note, are there new mods on the paddock or something? Threads are getting nuked more frequently now and you rarely saw that in the paddock.

Or maybe put it this way: would it stun anyone if after a few years of widespread use conviction rates going up due to the evidence on the cameras, couldn't you see the ACLU demand that evidence not be admissible? I think it's a certainty...."the cameras are to monitor the police from killing people, not put them in jail unjustly blarghhhh"

Pretty easy jump, I think.

I don't think so. You have no expectation of privacy in public, which covers most situations. Basically like a dash cam, but on their vest.

What Im interested in, is the regulations regarding if/when these malfunction, where the video itself is stored, and what degree of control do the officers/department have over the recording storage.

Depending on those answers, these officer cams may just be trading one controversy for another.

What Im interested in, is the regulations regarding if/when these malfunction, where the video itself is stored, and what degree of control do the officers/department have over the recording storage.

I talked to a police officer about these recently and he said they are not all they are cracked up to be. First there is only about 30 minutes of recording time on the disk so you have to keep it off most of the time, then if a critical situation develops, you may not have time to turn it on, since you may have "higher priorities".

I don't really know if they can monkey with a self-incriminating video, that's an excellent question for someone that might know.

Apparently the ISIS leader who was killed last night had a Yazidi girl as a sex slave in the house in addition to his standard-issue wife.

I guess Islam does have its redeeming qualities.

You don't have to trust me to tell you what her positions are. Go to
http://www.ontheissues.org/
You'll find her voting record and direct quotes on all the major issues.
I invite you to use the site to search other candidates positions as well. Put some time into this and you can be well informed.

So, you don't know? All you know and care about is that she is a Democrat.

Dems say that Amtrak needs $117 billion.......just for the northeast sector.

FTS supports this because he read it on the Internet and it isn't his money.

Gonna be wild to have a Lesbian woman president. I wonder if she will eat Elizabeth Warren's snatch after a game of "footsies" in the oval office to get back at Bill.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Apparently the ISIS leader who was killed last night had a Yazidi girl as a sex slave in the house in addition to his standard-issue wife.

U.S. Delta Force versus ISIS.... Not even a fair fight. Guess all of their desert training they love to show off with their recruiting videos did not do them much good either with a gun or hand to hand combat.

U.S. Delta Force versus ISIS.... Not even a fair fight. Guess all of their desert training they love to show off with their recruiting videos did not do them much good either with a gun or hand to hand combat.
It was reported that up to 19 ISIS killed and not one U.S. soldier was even injured. Reported it was an intense fight for awhile even with hand to hand combat.

Gonna be wild to have a Lesbian woman president. I wonder if she will eat Elizabeth Warren's snatch after a game of "footsies" in the oval office to get back at Bill.

Who the hell helps her choose her clothes? Those jackets, that look like a robe, looks like pure crap/ I know the Clintons are broke and all, but, damn, go to the Goodwill, they have better looking clothes than she wears.

Who the hell helps her choose her clothes? Those jackets, that look like a robe, looks like pure crap/ I know the Clintons are broke and all, but, damn, go to the Goodwill, they have better looking clothes than she wears.

Hillary is like that 1980s dyke that wears Hush Puppies.

I talked to a police officer about these recently and he said they are not all they are cracked up to be. First there is only about 30 minutes of recording time on the disk so you have to keep it off most of the time, then if a critical situation develops, you may not have time to turn it on, since you may have "higher priorities".

I don't really know if they can monkey with a self-incriminating video, that's an excellent question for someone that might know.

I'm guessing these are an attempt to appease the populace but will always be "malfunctioning" when they're needed most; just like dash cams.

Dems say that Amtrak needs $117 billion.......just for the northeast sector.

FTS supports this because he read it on the Internet and it isn't his money.
For real? Yikes, if true! I ride Amtrak frequently here in Texas and in FL during visits to the Sunshine State, and am aware of their respective financial issues relative to per seat costs.

I also ride Greyhound quite often. Is Greyhound also losing so much money? I think not. Man, I can agree with the requirement for rail in the Northeast corridor because of population density, but perhaps they should rethink their business model west of the Mississippi.

Me = big public transportation fan.

Reactions: jamo0001
The infrastructure in this country has been neglected for so long that $117 billion seems like a spit in the bucket compared to the real cost to fix the most essential things (roads, bridges, pipelines, etc). The US's train transit system is so far behind where it should be now that it will take many years and much more than $117 billion to fix. Then you look at what is actually being fixed (example: bridge from Louisville to Indiana) but those projects seem to take 10+ years to do. They take too long to fix and end up costing way beyond the projected cost due to corruption from politicians and contractors. Add in $20 trillion in debt and it makes you really wonder how things are going to be 20-30 years from now. Infrastructure seems like that dirty little secret a lot of politicians do not want to talk about but sooner or later they will have no choice.

Well, it's been about a half a year now that McConnell was re-elected running on one of his promises that moving up to Senate majority leader would be good for KY.

Mitch is all about Mitch and what he can do for the National party.

Has he done anything for the Commonwealth in these last six months? Or you could ask, has he ever done anything for the Commonwealth?

Staggering stat

@EconEconomics: 50 years ago 25% of black babies were born to single mothers; now the figure is 71% http://t.co/rc3VYHsGSh

Well they get more guberment assistance that way. Then the kids grow up to see they don't have to work, then blame white people for their misery in life. But keep voting for Liberals, they will take care of you, and you will ALWAYS be in poverty.

Staggering stat

@EconEconomics: 50 years ago 25% of black babies were born to single mothers; now the figure is 71% http://t.co/rc3VYHsGSh

Well they get more guberment assistance that way. Then the kids grow up to see they don't have to work, then blame white people for their misery in life. But keep voting for Liberals, they will take care of you, and you will ALWAYS be in poverty.

As a percentage, White unwed mother rates have increased around 500% since 1965, from 5% to around 30% as of 2010. Black marriage rates have basically flat lined since the early 90's.

Who knows what the numbers will be in 25 years.

Ward and June Cleaver are rolling over in their graves.

205-FF-chart.jpg

As a percentage, White unwed mother rates have increased around 500% since 1965, from 5% to around 30% as of 2010. Black marriage rates have basically flat lined since the early 90's.

Who knows what the numbers will be in 25 years.

Ward and June Cleaver are rolling over in their graves.

205-FF-chart.jpg
Every female, white,black,green, or brown that has a baby or an abortion while on government assistance should be given a tubal on the spot. Once is a mistake,, twice is lack of self control.

Reactions: P19978
Every female, white,black,green, or brown that has a baby or an abortion while on government assistance should be given a tubal on the spot. Once is a mistake,, twice is lack of self control.
Make access to tubal ligation free to women and it would be a win/win for all involved. The cost of an unwanted/unplanned child for America is huge. I don't believe most of these low income unwed mothers really want a baby in the first place, but shit happens.

Last edited:

Really? Islam has zero redeeming qualities.

Hillary Clinton is a 65 year old version of Kim Kardashian, only she looks like Mrs. Doubtfire.
Everything she does is about appearance, no substance at all. It's about how will the public view her.
I can't imagine how miserable her life must be.

Why would a person vote for her to be president? After all the scandals, and changing stances, it's obvious she doesn't think much of us. Using her own server while Sec of State should've been enough to disqualify her.

Looking like Lindsey Graham will soon announce he will run in 2016. Will Deeefense cheer this news?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT