ADVERTISEMENT

Pope Crushing, Cal Panicking

Jan 5, 2018
While the talent may be better on Arkansas, there is no doubt Pope is crushing Cal right now. Cal does not have a SINGLE RECRUIT that was not part of his incoming freshman class, and he lost arguably the best one. I don’t see how he ends up with more than 8 scholarship players.

While the talent may be better on Arkansas, there is no doubt Pope is crushing Cal right now. Cal does not have a SINGLE RECRUIT that was not part of his incoming freshman class, and he lost arguably the best one. I don’t see how he ends up with more than 8 scholarship players.
Long way to go but as of right now I think our current guys would run the Arky frosh. Beat and bully them.

I hated losing Z but love getting Carr as a replacement. 6ft10 3 pt shooter👀.

As of right now I don't think it would be close.

So we replaced some players

Pg-try to replace Fland with Smith or Small
Sg- Replaced Wagner with Butler
Sf- Replaced Richmond with Oweh
Pf-Replaced Big Z with Carr
C -Replaced Somto with Williams
PF/C trying to replace JQ with Osobor

If we land Smith or Small and also Osobor then we just replaced the freshmen class with experienced ready and good now versions of themselves. Cals guys will probably be well better 3-4 years from now playing in the nba but from this Nov through next April our players will be better in the college game in terms of winning

We are allowed to move on. We wanted him gone. He left. He did us a favor. He didn’t hold us hostage. Let’s move forward and not look like the pathetic ex hoping the new bf commits some DV. Let’s just move on and be happy with our new model.
Yes! So sick of looking at this board and half the posts being about a former coach.

We all know Cal will get some players. No telling what will happen. We will see but I’d love to pull Davis and keep him from them.

Cal will get his, he always does. We were in a similar panic last year with him and the transfer portal.

I'm not worrying about who Arkansas does or does not get.

Focused on Pope silently going about his business getting it done

We are allowed to move on. We wanted him gone. He left. He did us a favor. He didn’t hold us hostage. Let’s move forward and not look like the pathetic ex hoping the new bf commits some DV. Let’s just move on and be happy with our new model.
Sounds super lame if I’m being honest. The reason rivalries exist is because people don’t move on, that’s what makes sports fun.

This. Let’s only care what Arky does when UK plays them, yeah? We were all sick of Cal. It’s okay to stop talking about him.

Sounds super lame if I’m being honest. The reason rivalries exist is because people don’t move on, that’s what makes sports fun.
We have rivalries. Louisville, Indiana, North Carolina, Duke, Tennessee, Florida. Arkansas is irrelevant to me. I don’t remember Minnesota becoming a rival. I’m a little young to remember but did we become Alabamas biggest rival when Bill Curry left Alabama for Kentucky? Coaches leave all the time for other schools, doesn’t make them rivals. did you consider Texas a&m a rival in 2007? Memphis in 2009? BYU in 2024?

Want to beat the socks of Arky when we play them, but at age 80, I hold no I'll will against Cal, or anyone as far as that is. Cal's time here was an "age" as has happened with other coaches. It was extended about 5 years too long but ended like the others, without major incident and pain. Not all breakups are so lucky.

Arkansas probably will land Wagner and Davis. They might also land White.

I also don't think they're out of contention for Quaintance. Probably just need to up their NIL offer and he'd be theirs. If they add a portal shooter (White?) and another interior piece, they'll be fine.

That said, I actually like the guys we're in on and ultimately think our team will fit together better. If Robinson, Mahaney, Osobor, Boyed and someone like Hawkins are our last four or five pieces, I like what we have from a "flow" level. Arkansas will have two many ball dominant players (Fland, Wagner, Davis), Knox, maybe White) and I think UK's guys will buy into their roles better.

I’m good with doing that in a message board. But I’ll definitely root for this guy to continue being exposed for the fraud that he is. I won’t watch any of their games (watching his last few years here was enough torture), but I’ll check the scores and chuckle when Arky loses.

Reactions: mattrudd
I think it is a correct point of view to point out there are too many posts about Cal and for multiple reasons we should move on. But, that is hard at the moment. So maybe this will be one of my last posts about him (probably not).
There are teams over the years that I would want to see lose. At the top was always Duke, then the past few years add Memphis, UNC of course, and depending upon the SEC it might rotate. UL and Indiana just were so bad it didn't matter.
Now, I have to say Arkansas will rival Duke for me in wanting to see them lose. The reason for Arkansas is obvious. Yes, Cal did us a favor by leaving but he tried to damage us on his way out. He made it all about himself over the last few years at least and his unwillingness to change cost us miserably. He is trying to show that the only reason Kentucky did well was due to him. So, I want him exposed and I love how Coach Pope has come in with an entire devotion to Kentucky basketball. i want that to be successful and the guy that tried to f' us at the end to pay the consequences.
P.S. Remember that he was reaching out to Ohio State during the season.

This. Let’s only care what Arky does when UK plays them, yeah? We were all sick of Cal. It’s okay to stop talking about him.
I'm pretty sure that Pope will provide BBN with plenty to hold our attention moving forward. Cal is yesterday, Pope is today and tomorrow. It's gonna be good moving forward. It's OK to study the past mistakes so that we don't repeat it.

Reactions: NociHTTP and KFuqua
I don’t like them either but you better turn away because your protests aren’t gonna stop it. Every Arkansas loss will be announced here and then dissected.

No doubt!

Reactions: NociHTTP

No doubt!
what's your point? I said I was talking about NON UK fans. They won't come here as much. But UK fans will post and dissect every loss here.

So we replaced some players

Pg-try to replace Fland with Smith or Small
Sg- Replaced Wagner with Butler
Sf- Replaced Richmond with Oweh
Pf-Replaced Big Z with Carr
C -Replaced Somto with Williams
PF/C trying to replace JQ with Osobor

If we land Smith or Small and also Osobor then we just replaced the freshmen class with experienced ready and good now versions of themselves. Cals guys will probably be well better 3-4 years from now playing in the nba but from this Nov through next April our players will be better in the college game in terms of winning

Looks like an upgrade to me all day long.

Reactions: catben
I think you underestimate the control Matt Jones has over this fanbase. He controls the narrative, whatever he puts out is accepted as fact even by those who hate him. Look at the Jerry Jones NIL BS, everyone with basic common sense know it’s BS, Matt Jones confirms it and it becomes fact. Look what happens when he loses access anywhere, he attacks and so does this fanbase that entity. He had many in this fanbase wanting to leave the SEC when the SEC Network would let him use their content. Look at JMI, he had this fanbase thinking they were here to destroy the program when they would let him use UK’s trademark for free.

The obsession and viceral hate comes from one place.
Someone here is eaten up with Jones, and it's clearly you. A large portion of this fan base can't stand Jones.

Wanted to leave the SEC? lol, no.

what's your point? I said I was talking about NON UK fans. They won't come here as much. But UK fans will post and dissect every loss here.
The point is you're obsessed with Cal and anything related to him. Get over it! You're acting like a scorned Ex-lover. It's embarrassing to real UK fans.

UK had 3 commitments this weekend alone and likely another 1 or 2 real soon. Yet, you and others like you are focused on Cal.

I’ve said it and I will continue to say it. Pope is better than Cal. We will have a better roster and better team this year than Arkansas.

What did I buy into exactly? Y’all make a bunch of vague statements and never say what you mean.

You wanted a coach gone, he gone, and you’re still filled with hate. That’s just weird and shows the control Matt Jones has over this fanbase. To read this board you would think the man was running a child sex trafficking ring instead of not winning enough games. Y’all are tripping over each other to show the most hate.
No one wanted cal at UK more than me, also no one wanted cal gone more than me and I don’t listen to Matt Jones. Cal was a condescending prick who I’d rank in the bottom third of all D1 coaches in terms of actual coaching ability. He knows he’s a terrible coach which is why he goes after the best (kudos to him for pulling that part off) but still acts like he’s the best and calls out anyone who dares to question his greatness. He made UK the University of Cal and shit stomped on every tradition we ever had, I hope the prick (fraud) never wins another game. He won’t win many meaningful games, thats certainly a given. I’m gonna relish watching that asshole get exposed at the end of his career, that’s also a given.

• Love
Reactions: catzcan and KFuqua
The point is you're obsessed with Cal and anything related to him. Get over it! You're acting like a scorned Ex-lover. It's embarrassing to real UK fans.

UK had 3 commitments this weekend alone and likely another 1 or 2 real soon. Yet, you and others like you are focused on Cal.
Yawn. You can’t even understand a post. Good luck policing this place.🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT