ADVERTISEMENT

Parents write insanely demanding invitation for their son's 1st birthday

This sounds vaguely familiar to a case I counseled a few months ago in a custody issue. The step-mom was very crazy and demanding of anything others got their child. She controlled what her children and husband said, did, and what they received. She went ape if anything was outside of her parameters. I had to tell the mom at one point to shut up so that her husband could speak.

In my experience though, some mothers are very over the top with the control concerning their kids. These are people I generally avoid because their children have no life other than what is programed for them.
This post was edited on 4/20 11:13 AM by sg24

Originally posted by GhostVol:

Originally posted by WayneDougan:
The names are blocked out, but I still have to question the morals of the person who made this public. If you have a problem with this chick, sack up and respond to the email. But to make it public, c'mon.
No, Wayne. THIS was a public service. Hopefully there are other newbies with a one year old that might learn from this.

For example, a lady friend of mine's granddaughter just turned two. She had a 'Frozen' themed party. All of her presents had something to do with Frozen. The biggest present was a tot-sized drawing desk. She played with the box it came in more than the other presents COMBINED.
These extravagant parties for toddlers are getting out of hand. My best friend is having a party for his to be 1 year old. His wife decided the theme would be Alice In Wonderland. So, the title of the party is Onederland Birthday Party, and my friend drafted a big statement inviting everyone. They then sent out some pretty fancy invitations. Everyone is encouraged to wear a fancy hat to the party.

Whatever happened to giving your kid a cake, letting him/her destroy it and cover themselves in it, then giving them a few presents and calling it a day. No one special needs to be invited. No sense in big time parties or invitations. Just letting your kid have some damn fun and taking pictures to show relatives.

We had our son's first birthday at a park by the picnic tables and playground. My wife and I basically just put up a birthday banner and a table cloth with a cake, a ton of pizzas, and a cooler for everyone. His second birthday is next week. You know what we're doing? The same damn thing.

When I was a real little kid before we just started doing strictly family stuff, the most luxurious birthday party I had was in that back room at Pizza Hut. Those of you who lived in the 80s know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by JasonSpear:

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:

When I was a real little kid before we just started doing strictly family stuff, the most luxurious birthday party I had was in that back room at Pizza Hut. Those of you who lived in the 80s know what I'm talking about.
being a kid with a Christmas brithday, I cannot say I do.

But I attended everyone else's awesome birthday parties in those back rooms and they were badass. That's all I would've wanted. The fancy decorations and get ups are for the adults to show off. Kids don't care about that crap.
Ughh.. New Years eve birthday myself.. One of the saddest moments of my life was when I was 5 and my parents threw me a party at The Ground Round for my Kindergarden class, on actual NYE day.. Not a single person came. Zero. All of them with family or traveling. Worst feeling ever for a kid.

The realist of the real Pizza Huts had either TMNT Arcade or Simpsons with the 4 player capabilities.

If neither of those games were at that particular location, you knew you were at a "basic bitch" Pizza Hut.

Originally posted by JasonSpear:

Originally posted by LineSkiCat:

Ughh.. New Years eve birthday myself.. One of the saddest moments of my life was when I was 5 and my parents threw me a party at The Ground Round for my Kindergarden class, on actual NYE day.. Not a single person came. Zero. All of them with family or traveling. Worst feeling ever for a kid.
you really think they didn't come because it was a holiday and not because they hated you? If you were cool, they would've came anyway.
frown.r191677.gif

Jason, you may not remember this but I remember at one of my parties, Pizza Hut had a complimentary cake and it was a Nickolodean cake. They used to do that for kids. Pizza Hut was the shiz back in the day for kids.

I think my last kids bday party was when I was 8 or 9. After that we would do family stuff or I would get to go to a UK game or something for my bday. But I was always scared to not have people show up so I can sympathize with LineSki. I hope that type of hurt never happens for my own kids. A lot of pressure , ya know?

Anyways kids just want to play and eat pizza and cake. They don't give a big crap unless they're a spoiled princess.

ADVERTISEMENT