ADVERTISEMENT

Panera bread's charged lemonade kills two people

'the large size contains 390 milligrams of caffeine — the equivalent of about four or five cups of coffee.'

Just add 124 grams of sugar on top of that.

how can that not be healthy? It has a fruit in the name.

Dude got two refills. Jesus H. That would kill most everyone.

I've never tried it but I saw it last time I stopped at a Panera for breakfast. I don't remember seeing exact nutritional information but it said "CHARGED!" on it so I assumed it wasn't regular ole lemonade. And honestly after the first 1 I'd be too wired to even try another one. I'd probably be busing trying to jump off the roof.

It was probably someone that would have died soon anyways. Reminds me of a guy I worked with at a physical fast paced job. He'd drink multiple bottles of Mountain Dew while taking Mini Thins caffeine pills and smoking cigarettes every break. Even caught him drinking liquor in his car at lunch. I expect him to die of heart/liver disease. I used to tell him his heart is going to explode.

It was probably someone that would have died soon anyways. Reminds me of a guy I worked with at a physical fast paced job. He'd drink multiple bottles of Mountain Dew while taking Mini Thins caffeine pills and smoking cigarettes every break. Even caught him drinking liquor in his car at lunch. I expect him to die of heart/liver disease. I used to tell him his heart is going to explode.
In my early 20s I was working two jobs and going to school. A couple dews and a pack of mini thins (white crosses) kept me going for a few months. I was also a heavy smoker on multiple fronts back then. It felt like my heart was gonna explode. Itchy all over and sweating. I gave it up because it scared the heck out of me. And forget about "performing". It wasn't happening. I like my coffee but I only have a cup or two a day. I can't imagine drinking the equivalent of ten cups of coffee.

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT