ADVERTISEMENT

Paintsville star Kash Daniel enjoying attention as he contemplates college choice

"Everybody just says that because I'm an in-state kid and they just automatically say that's where I'm going to go," Daniel said. "I was on a Kentucky sports radio the other day but I didn't say anything on there for people to think that. Like I said, it's just an in-state thing I guess."

He has been talking regularly with USC recruiter Kirk Botkin as well as the recruiters from the other two schools. So, he's talking with recruiters from two schools he knows he won't attend but is not letting on to them. That, he says, is not much fun.

"It kind of feels like you're leading a girl on," Daniel said. "You're talking to the prettiest girl in the world and you're leading her on to another pretty girl."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150624/PSPORTS02/150629854/-1/PSPORTS

Drake Jackson, one of UK’s verbal commits in the 2016 recruiting class, is doing his best to make sure Paintsville standout Kash Daniel becomes a Wildcat.

“Drake is my boy. Me and him played together on a middle school all-star team together and made it to San Antonio for the national championship,” Daniel said while noting several other current Kentucky high school standouts were on the same team.

“Kentucky’s No. 1 recruiter is Drake. That dude is the on phone with people and tweeting. I am pretty sure I have been talking to him at least three times a week. If the NFL does not work out, he will be one of the best sales reps known to man.

“He has made a lot of valid points to me I have taken under consideration. But my decision is going to be based on where I feel at home. I want a family atmosphere and a place I can be happy not only in football but in school and off the field. I want people there who will take care of me. Kentucky is about two hours away but that is far enough away I could grow up but still not be too far from home. That could play a big role for me.”

http://vaughtsviews.com/sports/coll...cle_14b2e778-1ae1-11e5-a9c2-574e4c66a54b.html

ADVERTISEMENT