ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated

Its easy to look back on Nirvana and criticize them based on the scope of music NOW but when they come on the scene they changed the direction of music, If only for a short while. Nirvana...MC Hammer....Billy Ray Cyrus...lame maybe by todays standards but really changed their respective music genre at the time. Dont follow any of them these days but still glad they happend.

best thing to come from nirvana is the foo fighters. Nirvana was/is trash.

Keeneland is beginning to creep into overrated territory

The walking dead. The masses still go bananas for that program and it hasn't been exciting since Brandon Knight was on the roster.
The worst thing about nirvana is slts. Skip that track and nevermind is easily the best album from 1980-1994.

The people who throw out GnR. Well... you know their musical taste is limited, so you just laugh and move on.

Nirvana and radiohead... haha. Easily 2 of the top 5 bands of the past 30 years. Hate on, morans.

Hate on, morans.
morans.jpg

Bourbons that cost over $90 a bottle. Is there really that big a difference between a good 45 or 50 dollar bottle vs. these premium offerings? I can't tell that big of a difference. Seems like a gimmick to me. An excuse to overcharge. A lot of the guys who will spend over a hundred for a bottle do it just to brag or for the status of it.

Chicken wings and craft beer overrated? What a bunch of needle dick coonts in this thread.

Anything can be overrated if you don't know the product.

"Man, I went to BW3's and had some wings with their new Sam Adams draft....that place is overrated." :rolleyes:

or

"Damn, Madison Garden has some great wings with a dry rub...also had Dubhe on tap...that place was the tits." :cool2:

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Indeed he was.
Layne was awesome but I have to go with my man Chris Cornell. What a freaking voice in my opinion. Seeing him perform live acoustic a few times a few years ago cemented it for me. Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave, and the random covers he did. Wow guy can still peel paint off the walls and needs no overwhelming amps or drums to help.

Layne was awesome but I have to go with my man Chris Cornell. What a freaking voice in my opinion. Seeing him perform live acoustic a few times a few years ago cemented it for me. Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave, and the random covers he did. Wow guy can still peel paint off the walls and needs no overwhelming amps or drums to help.

Chris Cornell is great, no doubt. But if I HAD to chose, I have to go with Layne. Right frontman at the right time with the right band.

Bourbons that cost over $90 a bottle. Is there really that big a difference between a good 45 or 50 dollar bottle vs. these premium offerings? I can't tell that big of a difference. Seems like a gimmick to me. An excuse to overcharge. A lot of the guys who will spend over a hundred for a bottle do it just to brag or for the status of it.
It doesnt get any better than Woodford for me. So I won't pay any more than it would cost. I will, however, go far below the Woodford price.

Reactions: maverick1

Brad Wesley would drink the premium bourbons and never complain about the price.

Reactions: maverick1
Brad Wesley would drink the premium bourbons and never complain about the price.

As far as I could tell, the only whiskey they drank in Jasper was Jack Daniels.

Don't let Wesley's wealth fool you. He enjoyed the simple things, like naked pool parties with his henchmen and a bunch of bimbos, a shot of the house whiskey, handing out at slaughter houses, monster trucks, helping out his community with the Jasper Improvement Society, and a good fist fight. He was your everyday Joe.

I heard craft folks are now finally investing more in lager type beers? You know, because an overwhelmingly majority of folks enjoy a crisp, refreshing beer. They also said lagers cost a lot more to make. Poor ass hipsters, who's beer is poor now, huh.

The poors drink natty light. The poors are not qualified to critique craft beer.

I heard craft folks are now finally investing more in lager type beers? You know, because an overwhelmingly majority of folks enjoy a crisp, refreshing beer. They also said lagers cost a lot more to make. Poor ass hipsters, who's beer is poor now, huh.

WTH are you talking about lol? What does broke ass people who drink natty light have to do with this?

Madonna
Foie Gras
Athens, Greece
Jackson Pollock (his No. 5 1948 sold for $140 million) Looks like a house painter's drop cloth.
jackson_pollock_1_no_5_1948-copia.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: P19978
American Football, quite possibly the most boring mainstream sport in existence
AC/DC, all of their shit blends together so seamlessly it sounds like one abortion of a song
Pale Ales of all types

Maria Sharapova, especially after one of her BFs said she was a complete dead fish in the sack. Anna K >>>>>> Maria S as far as looks goes for female tennis pros. Maria is obviously the way better player.

Agree with the craft beer take. Some taste better, some don't. Just hard for me to be a beer snob. It's BEER, for crissakes!

Home football game at DKR Stadium (TX Longhorns). While the eye candy is plentiful, tailgating is decent but the atmosphere is very blah. Quietest I've ever heard 100,000 people be. Seen two games there, both B12 rivals who were highly ranked at the time, and the stadium was very quiet throughout. Very surprising and disappointing.

Derby pie. I have seen them priced from $10.00 to 35.00. For 35 bucks I could make about 10 pies that are as good or better than the so-called Derby pie or I could buy several Marie Callendar's pies.
Lot of good takes in this thread, (and some terrible ones as well, but I won't go there). Derby Pie: guy who works for me told me a couple of weeks ago he was going to bring me one, as I'd never tasted a Derby Pie. Man of his word, he brought one to the office last week. Tried it the next day, and while the crust is OK, the filling is pure crap. I wouldn't spend 50 cents on one, and the price tag on this one was $11.99. Don't know where he bought it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT