ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated

BigBlueFan1963

Freshman
Mar 5, 2014
Kentucky Grown
Derby pie. I have seen them priced from $10.00 to 35.00. For 35 bucks I could make about 10 pies that are as good or better than the so-called Derby pie or I could buy several Marie Callendar's pies.

Threesomes.

Hardly an expert, but the one I've had wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Was double the work for the same result. And besides that, having only one disappointed, unfulfilled chick at the end of sex is more than enough. More than one and it starts to feel unnatural.

Reactions: BigBlueFan1963
Strip clubs once you get over 35
The Reds anytime since 1976 except for 1990
Joe B's
Every chain restaurant in Lex
Carmelo Anthony
Guy Fieri restaurants
Myrtle Beach
Seinfeld
Everything associated with Anheuser Busch except the Clydesdales
Movies in 3D

Reactions: WettCat
- amusement parks
- the NFL
- Rupp Arena
- turkey
- Sams Club/Costco (unless you own a business)
- convertibles

This was the first thing that came to mind. Possibly the most overrated group of my lifetime.

I hate you guys.

In all seriousness, I would probably agree. Both AIC and Soundgarden were better bands than Nirvana from the same scene. I still love Nirvana though.

I don't get the Grateful Dead or even thrash metal bands like Slayer. Seems like masturbatory junk noise to me. Meh. C'est la vie. [cheers]

I hate you guys.

In all seriousness, I would probably agree. Both AIC and Soundgarden were better bands than Nirvana from the same scene. I still love Nirvana though.

I don't get the Grateful Dead or even thrash metal bands like Slayer. Seems like masturbatory junk noise to me. Meh. C'est la vie. [cheers]

I don't hate Nirvana. I own their discography, but the music press acts puts them on such a pedestal that I don't think they deserve because the body of work is so limited. They did change the scene for a while, which deserves respect.

I agree that AIC and Soundgarden are better bands from the Seattle scene.

The other thing that always irritated me was this myth that Kobain was some kind of great guitar player. He is a good song writer, but his guitar playing was very basic. The thrash guys like Dave Mustaine, Jeff Hanneman and Alex Skolnick could play circles around Kobain but never received the same praise. I know metal, especially the really heavy kind, isn't most people's thing. So no offense ever taken when someone tosses a barb at Slayer. :sunglasses: )

wow, this is one of the first times I've ever seen this train of thought in regards to Nirvana and I couldn't agree more. Soundgarden, Alice, Pearl Jam, even STP for me were far superior to Nirvana. Smells Like Teen Spirit is probably the most overrated song of all time. Heart Shaped Box, Lithium, All Apologies, a few of the covers from unplugged are good. But they he/they never wrote 1 song as good as the good songs from the aforementioned bands along with GN'R. That's why Kurt was always taking pot shots at Axl, Eddie, and Cornell, he knew they infinitely more talented than his dumb junkie ass could ever be. Watching that documentary where he knowingly stole from and had sex with a mentally handicap girl and knew Courtney was doing heroin while she was pregnant is well, I don't even have the words for what kind of scum that is.

I'm starting to agree with this. Every time I pull in the parking lot I'm like "eff yeah! Joe B's!"

Then when I leave, I feel like puking. I like traditions and all, but it gets worse each time.

Word is that Joe B has been trying to sell it for years and retire, but wants too much money. I agree with you though.

Who said "The Reds" were overrated? I thought you first had to be highly regarded to be overrated? Also a "+1" to the Grateful Dead. Never heard one song of theirs that I liked, not one, and yet they made a 40 year career out of playing weird songs to stoners.

Reactions: BigBlueFan1963
Nirvana was big because they struck that note of being hard enough and talented enough to appeal to rock and roll fans, but truly their songs are pop in structure so they appealed to the masses as well.

Mumford and Sons are my overrated band. Someone recently posted on Facebook they bought their new album a few weeks ago and it sucked, they then realized all their songs sucked and weren't sure why they ever loved them. I never did.

I am sure there could be a time or place, and I wouldn't turn down a lady willing to try. But as a man that likes the finer things in life, it would be a BJ or sex. We aren't in high school anymore.

I am sure there could be a time or place, and I wouldn't turn down a lady willing to try. But as a man that likes the finer things in life, it would be a BJ or sex. We aren't in high school anymore.
That, and we've played with our junk for literal years and have perfected the art of spanking the monkey so much so that no woman could ever hope to match our efficiency or finely-crafted technique that is unique to all of us.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
Selfies- Hate this shit. Hate it, hate it. Hate it.

Picts of food- This may be the dumbest thing ever. Food photos never look like the real thing. You know what? If you really want to show how awesome your "gourmet burger" looks, then just invite those people to dinner and gawk over it there. Otherwise, no, your plate of corn confetti casserole looks like shit.

Which retard is correct?
It's Corky. It's always corky.
825422.jpg

Reactions: maverick1
best thing to come from nirvana is the foo fighters. Nirvana was/is trash.

Keeneland is beginning to creep into overrated territory

The walking dead. The masses still go bananas for that program and it hasn't been exciting since Brandon Knight was on the roster.

Foo Fighters? You think Nirvana is pop, FF is simple, "pop rock" at it's "finest." Grohl admits he was ashamed to even submit songs to Cobain because he knew he couldn't match him. That band has NO teeth.

Even Grohl knows they suck: http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/61367

"There goes my hero..." :flush:

I don't think nirvana is pop I just think they suck out loud. Simple guitar chords, simple bass lines and a whiney bitch frontman screaming about his bitch little life. Grohl was the only member of that band with any talent at all.

Reactions: maverick1
Don't wanna turn this into a nerd fight over bands, but I prefer Nirvana Unplugged to anything Grohl has done since. "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" is an amazing cover that really shows Cobain's ability. And "Territorial Pissings," "Lounge Act," "Sliver," "Heart-Shaped Box," "In Bloom", "All Apologies" etc. are original tracks of amazing quality. "Teen Spirit" does suck.

But Layne Staley was the best frontman in Seattle, IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT