ADVERTISEMENT

Out of state UK license plates

Mar 18, 2013
Was driving on 75 in Tennessee yesterday and passed a car with North Carolina plates but it had UK on it. How do they get UK plates in North Carolina? I love seeing it though.

Was driving on 75 in Tennessee yesterday and passed a car with North Carolina plates but it had UK on it. How do they get UK plates in North Carolina? I love seeing it though.
Back in the '70's I had a UK plate in Florida.

Most states offer such things.

I live in Georgia and we are trying to get a UK plate but can't get enough interest. It is frustrating because there are a lot of alumni here. Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Alabama,etc. all have Georgia plates but UK can't get enough interest. So it goes

Just last week I was following a car here in Tulsa and the plate was "GO BLU". Looked closer at a traffic light and the plate holder was UK Wildcat specific. Just had to blow my horn as I passed them so they could see my UK sticker on my back window.

Live in Tenn. but have a UK plate. Tenn. offers plates for many SEC teams. About 80 or 88 dollars extra a year for the plate. My UK plate is well worth it.

I live in Georgia and we are trying to get a UK plate but can't get enough interest. It is frustrating because there are a lot of alumni here. Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Alabama,etc. all have Georgia plates but UK can't get enough interest. So it goes

The same in SC

It took us several years to get those UK plates in NC. Only takes 300 paid applications to get a specialty plate printed in NC. We had 200-250 for like 5 years. Got them about 4 years ago. Until my former employer laid off 1000 of us, there were 3 vehicles with UK plates in the parking garage at my work (15 minutes from both UNC and Duke) every day. Several out of state schools had them before us.

Sawnee, just cut your losses and create your own. I get plenty of responses with this.

ADVERTISEMENT