ADVERTISEMENT

Our chances at getting one of John Pelphery's recruits?

Deeblue

Sophomore
Jun 2, 2007
I wonder if we can add a guy from their class if any of them want to change schools since John Pelphery was fired? They had a very nice class for next year and i doubt all of them stay since the coach will no longer be there.

Sorry for the delay work is busy. Just a list of their players in general for next season. Obviously we dont need a PG for next year but hey if knight leaves then the door is wide open for BJ, wouldnt mind snagging either the SF or one of the big boys. Maybe we can get John P in for an assistant coaching position.
5 Star PG BJ Young
4 Star sf Rashad Madden
4 Star PF Hunter Mikelson
4 Star PF Aaron Ross

If Coach Cal thought Pelphrey could help us, which current coach has to go? I love Tony Delk and by no means want to see him leave, but I'm guessing he or Orlando Antigua might find a top job somewhere else. Looking at the 3 4 star Ark recruits, I don't see a big man which is what I think we'd need most. I kind of doubt Pelphrey would work out for as much as I like him.

Not a clue honestly and that would be up to coach! A couple of their PF's are big enough to play the 5. Talent is talent, for all i know he wont look at any of them. Might be nice to have two 5 star PG's come in next year though, wouldnt be bad to have a back up!

They aren't Pelphery's recruits, but Arkansas's. Arkansas would have to release them, which is very unlikely until they have a new coach.

Unless Lamb leaves, we don't need Young. He'd ride the pine behind Teague, Lamb, and Liggins as a guard. He is ready to start for someone and won't likely go to a school where he can't start.

Now if Lamb leaves and Young is willing to play the 2 spot, then he might come, but he'd have to beat out Liggins for that spot, which won't be easy.

Also, I see Young wanting to run the point. That is Teague's job next year. There is no way Young wins the PG position over Teague, IMHO.

So we are not likely to get Young.

We don't need Madden, IMHO. He's a SF and we have Gilchrist, Miller, and Liggins. Why would he come here to sit behind those guys when he can likely start somewhere else.

I think Mickelson might be an option. We could always use more size and he probably wouldn't mind playing behind Wiltjer and Davis for a year and then moving into a starting spot as a Sophomore.

Three have said they are staying and the other two probably won't qualify due to grades.

By the way, it looks like Sexton has priced Mike Anderson out of Arkansas's budget. They offered $2 million for 5 years and Sexton wants $2.25 for 7. Negotiations are going through Sexton due to Mizzou not giving Anderson written permission to talk to Arkansas.

Arkansas has an excellent class coming in, I would take Lacey over everyone except Young, probably. However, I think it's highly unlikely we end up with any of them.

As far as coaches, I saw somewhere else that Orlando Antigua might be interested in a head coaching job. I would hate to see him go, but Pel would be as good of an addition as anyone to replace him, but I'm not aware of many head coaches that return to an assistant position.

Not likely. I saw the All-American game that was on ESPNU the other night and they have already talked to Mike Anderson and he already recruited some from Missouri. Many of the recruits I think 3 are from Arkansas.

If "A" is offered the Miami job that will be a opening for a assistant coach. I don't know what John P is wanting to do with his time now, does he want another assistant coaching job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT