ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Welcome to Wrexham

May 30, 2019
Hey guys, the wife and I got each other a treadmill for Christmas, so we've been spending a lot of time on it. Cool story, bro, I know... Anyway, might be late to the party here but I've been watching Welcome to Wrexham. I'm not a huge soccer guy, but it follows this small club in Wrexham, Wales and man are their fans passionate. It's something the BBN can relate to easily. You really get to see all sides of what it's like to run a sports organization. Just wanted to pass that along for your viewing pleasure. Also, if you all have any other show suggestions on streaming platform, I'm all ears. Thank you, friends!

It's decent but lost interest in it after awhile. If you want to go down the soccer related watching route. These are all solid.

All or Nothing - Man City (Prime)
The Two Escobars - 30for30
Beckham documentary (NF)
Pele - movie of his life
There is a soccer episode in Bad Sports

Next up on my list:

Messi
Sunderland til I Die
Diego Maradona

Seemed like they kinda ran out of storylines in season 2. I stuck it out but it became a bit of a chore.

Reactions: roguemocha
Mint Mobile founder Ryan Reynolds bought Wrexham with another person going on 3 years ago. Dragons were struggling to stay at the National League level, but with his $$$$ injections, they got promoted to League Two the 2nd year & are threatening to move up to League One for 2024-25. People are giddy. He's also expanding their stadium by about 50% for next season sometime. Reaching next level Championship seems reasonable, but Premier seems out of reach to me. Then what do I know.

Bought Wrexham with "another person?" Ouch. "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" has been on the air since 2005.

NF - Captains of the World.

Best thing you'll see on the 2022 WC. 6 part series follows some of the guys playing their last WC.

It's decent but lost interest in it after awhile. If you want to go down the soccer related watching route. These are all solid.

All or Nothing - Man City (Prime)
The Two Escobars - 30for30
Beckham documentary (NF)
Pele - movie of his life
There is a soccer episode in Bad Sports

Next up on my list:

Messi
Sunderland til I Die
Diego Maradona
Sunderland till I die is better than Wrexham.

I would suggest The Damned United, though, the actual interview portrayed in the movie between Clough and Revie can be found on YouTube. Can't imagine an interview like this taking place in any sport in the United States. It's also a shame that Brian Clough's legacy isn't well known here. I don't even know who to compare him to honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT