ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kentucky Baseball

If UK can win today I think they are a lock for a super regional. Would be a huge accomplishment for the team.

They should be good winning the series and clinching SEC East. East and West champs will host a region I'd although they might go with FL still over the west champ or hell maybe 3 SEC teams in top 8? Idk that may be a close call.

Come on Runt, baseball is the greatest sport of all time!

Just admit you were scared of the ball:D
Always took to long for my liking, also had a horrible little league experience where my team played 4 on 9 I quit the next day lol

Always took to long for my liking, also had a horrible little league experience where my team played 4 on 9 I quit the next day lol

That sucks. We actually went to the Dixie boys little league World Series my 13 year old all star team. Lost to South Carolina and Texas. Time of my life.

4 on 9? Where I'm from baseball is the biggest sport from toddler to high school

That sucks. We actually went to the Dixie boys little league World Series my 13 year old all star team. Lost to South Carolina and Texas. Time of my life.

4 on 9? Where I'm from baseball is the biggest sport from toddler to high school
It might've been 5 on 9 but I was playing 2-3 positions at a time. It sucked. Baseball is big here in Louisville too, I always preferred Fball and basketball.

Reactions: morgousky
They should be good winning the series and clinching SEC East. East and West champs will host a region I'd although they might go with FL still over the west champ or hell maybe 3 SEC teams in top 8? Idk that may be a close call.

I think this weekend will be somewhat telling. If UK sweeps Florida then I have a very very hard time believing that they don't get a national seed. If UK and Florida split the final two games AND LSU sweeps MSU for essentially a three way tie then I think that the SEC tournament might be a play-in for the national seed for at least one of those teams. Whoever does the best in the conference tournament might win their way in. I don't really see 3 SEC teams being in the top 8, but it could also depend on what the other teams do.

Have fun watching. Do you watch the cheerleading meets too? I mean they win championships

True, but I hope this isn't a comparison.

Baseball is slow, but when you understand it and have experience in it, it's understood that part of that is because baseball is the most MENTAL sport there is. There are so many factors at play and each individual has to understand multiple situations. People don't realize that inside of a baseball game there's a million decisions being made. It's part of the games beauty imo ( not to sound too lib).

Baseball also has the most intense high points of any sport. When Albert Pujols nearly ended Brad Lidge's career hitting that bomb in the NLCS, whew, still gives me goosebumps.

Baseball is chess and talent, played with a ball and a bat. It's also by far the most "immediate" dangerous sport there is.

Just watch the Cardinals and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
True, but I hope this isn't a comparison.

Baseball is slow, but when you understand it and have experience in it, it's understood that part of that is because baseball is the most MENTAL sport there is. There are so many factors at play and each individual has to understand multiple situations. People don't realize that inside of a baseball game there's a million decisions being made. It's part of the games beauty imo ( not to sound too lib).

Baseball also has the most intense high points of any sport. When Albert Pujols nearly ended Brad Lidge's career hitting that bomb in the NLCS, whew, still gives me goosebumps.

Baseball is chess and talent, played with a ball and a bat. It's also by far the most "immediate" dangerous sport there is.

Just watch the Cardinals and you'll be fine.
''Twas sarcasm, but he said because he watches UK baseball he's a real "KENTUCKY FAN" and I was just pointing out I'm sure there's plenty of UK sports he doesn't watch that others do

''Twas sarcasm, but he said because he watches UK baseball he's a real "KENTUCKY FAN" and I was just pointing out I'm sure there's plenty of UK sports he doesn't watch that others do

I never watch cheerleading, but I do brag to Tennessee fans that our women win where it's most important, on the sideline.

I never watch cheerleading, but I do brag to Tennessee fans that our women win where it's most important, on the sideline.

The somewhat strange thing about the cheerleading championship is that it is always, to my knowledge, aired on TV well after the championship actually takes place. So, I already know that UK has won the title before it is ever on TV. That being said, I never actually have sought out the cheerleading championships to actually watch it. I've just channel surfed and stopped on it a time or two over the years.

Slugger, are you a reds fan?

Maybe a Kentucky boy who saw the light and went cardinals?
Grew up a Yankees fan...MM was my man, but don't follow anyone anymore...one of my best friends is a HUGE Reds fan and I go to some games with him.

Grew up a Yankees fan...MM was my man, but don't follow anyone anymore...one of my best friends is a HUGE Reds fan and I go to some games with him.

Understand. Most Kentucky fans I know are reds. Other than that Cardinals. I'm a huge cardinal fan but the Mick (other than Musial) is my man. Gotta get an Ozzie smith reference in. Nothing like old Busch and being a kid watching him do backflips to short stop.

I wish the Reds had classy leaders and $$ backing like the Busch's. I was a regular at Crosley Field for my first 20 years. (Dad carried me there). We averaged about 10 games.

In the early 60's Rocky Nelson played for the Pirates. Close family friend from Portsmouth, Ohio. So we always were there when the Bucs were in Cincy. I have autographed ball of the title team in 1960 when they beat the Yankees in 7 games. (Rocky hit a homer but Mazeroski hit the shot heard round the world!)

Glad when UK does great in other sports and by the scores pretty much,, they must have a high power offense.. Was a fan of baseball back in the Dale Murphy years up to the Glavine/Maddux years.. Lost interest when they continually started sucking badly.. Haven't watched any baseball since.. Actually the only 3 teams I watch in sports is UK bball,, football and Bama football.. If they make it to the CWS,, probably watch a couple games..

Glad when UK does great in other sports and by the scores pretty much,, they must have a high power offense..

Offense is their strength. They are solid all the way through the lineup. Pitching has been better than expected. Their defense is shaky (really cost them in the Georgia series).

Reactions: Supafuzz75
I have , yes...and your problem is? Like I said I'm a KENTUCKY FAN not just a Kentucky basketball fan. Let me guess , you are a UK BBC fan, Alabama fb and whatever baseball fan?
This reminds me of a lot of folks that live in my county, they have UT stickers and license plates, and are all about the Big Orange football team, when hoops rolls around they live and die UK basketball. I like to call them band wagoners !

This reminds me of a lot of folks that live in my county, they have UT stickers and license plates, and are all about the Big Orange football team, when hoops rolls around they live and die UK basketball. I like to call them band wagoners !
I will never understand that!!!

I am a UK fan from top to bottom. Im a baseball fan first followed by football and softball. I like basketball but dont follow it as much as most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT