ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does Clevland regret the Wiggins Trade?

I never understood this either. I even asked several friends and no one could explain. Not just Wiggins, but why would you trade anything of value for a player that is one year away from free agency? Just wait the one year and get him for free!
So they could get his birds rights?

I guess Cleveland is pretty happy with the decision right now, and they should be. It's always a risky move taking on a player like Love with only 1-year on his contract. But it all worked out. Now they just need to get a consistent shooter or two.

I guess Cleveland is pretty happy with the decision right now, and they should be. It's always a risky move taking on a player like Love with only 1-year on his contract. But it all worked out. Now they just need to get a consistent shooter or two.

Wait, they've got J.R. ... oh, yeah.

I think some automatically assume Wiggins is going to be a super star because he won the rookie of the year and had a solid year. Reality is lots of guys don't ever take the next step in development. It remains to be seen whether or not Wiggins will.

It would have been more interesting had Cleveland picked Nerlens Noel as a first pick.

They would have had Wiggins/Nerlens for Love. I think the discussion would be much different.

Right now it's more like Wiggins versus Love. Love still is an all-star player...

The one issue i see with the trade is that Love and Irving is injury prone, which we all knew PRIOR to the trade. Having two players that are injury risk are risky business, one is bound to be injured during the playoff.

Not only should they have drafted Wiggins, they should have drafted Nerlens Noel the year prior and kept him on the shelf that year like the Sixers did. (rather than taking Anthony Bennett). Would have been much better off by this point in time.
I always thought drafting bennett #1 was one of the dumbest draft decisions ever....not as bad as taking our man Bowie over Jordan but up there

I didn't think it was a good trade but I see why they did it. Quite simply, they wanted a better chance to win a title now, rather than later. Wiggins role would have been similar to LeBron, albeit much less so. Love's role is totally different so it gave th m something they didn't have. In 3-4 years if Wiggins starts tearing it up, they may kick themselves but as someone else said, Love looks like he's coming back for 5 years so it's not like it was a one-year and gone thing. And I agree that if he or Irving hadn't gotten hurt, it probably would have paid off immediately.

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
Here is my question on Love:
1. He gets 20+ M per season
2. Now with the way he outplayed Noah, Milsaps and overshadowed Green...TristanThompson is staring at 16M per season.
3. Irving is making max money...20M Per season
4. Shumpert just signed for 10M
5. We all know Lebron will make max money now and when the cap goes up in 2 years...so there is 28M per season.

Will the Cavs have money to pay Mosgov...who to me is the 3rd most important player and real reason Cavs got hot at end of last season moreso than Love. Love got exposed for his soft defense and seemingly lost his interior scoring ability. If he becomes just a stretch 4 who is still a solid rebouinder...is that worth more than Wiggins potential? I vote no...and argue a defensive wiz like Wiggins who could transform into a lethal scorer off the wing is a better fit with Lebron

Please..Cavs sweep Warriors if Love & Irving play. You can't predict injury when making deals

I debated this with my friends long and hard at the beginning of last off season. Cavs should have kept Wiggins IMHO. I know they needed shooting but with Lebron playing point forward and Kyrie and Wiggins out there just seems like to much for most teams.

In hind sight its even easier to see this trade was bad IMHO. With wiggins finishing healthy and flourishing down the strecth. (Especially if Love opts to sign elsewhere) I would just love to hear thoughts on this from my fellow basketball junkies lol.
They Should ................

The reason everyone thought this team would be great is because everyone thought Blatt would install a Euro style motion offense. With all the skilled offensive players they have, it would be ridiculous. LeBron wasn't having that though, and instead they basically put a bunch of shooters around him and run pick and rolls all day. It's still very effective, but not the juggernaut people were expecting.

Reactions: wentzel25
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT