Rob

Relief Mins as needed
Bradshaw
Ugo

Spot Mins
Burks
Edwards
I'll play along.

I like your starting five, except I'd go with Ugonna in the middle. He's getting better every game. And we need that muscle down low. I'm old school. I'd prefer my 7-footers to get rebounds and block shots, not float around on the perimeter.

Plus, you gotta give Shep, Dilly and Z tons of time. And cut Edwards' and Bradshaw's minutes back.

Any lineup with Sheppard coming off the bench is wrong. Same thing with Dilly.
Yeah, it’s obvious to everyone but some UK fans that:

1. DJ Wagner is not a PG and is not the same caliber player that Dilly and Reed are. He’s fallen down draft boards because 16 games at this level has exposed him.
2. Edwards was vastly overrated. If the dude showed up at NKU, and nothing were known about him, I’m not sure he’d win a starting job there. I’m serious.
3. Dilly is a sure fire pro. And if he’s not cooking, you can send him to the bench. No big deal.
4. Reed is one of the most efficient players in the country. No other player with this kind of efficiency, who has skyrocket up the draft boards, would be coming off the bench or playing less than 30mpg.

PG: Dillingham
SG: Sheppard
SF: Reeves
PF: Mitchell
C: Big Z

Bench
6th: Thiero
7th: Wagner
8th: Ugo
9th: Bradshaw
10: Edwards

I'll play along.

I like your starting five, except I'd go with Ugonna in the middle. He's getting better every game. And we need that muscle down low. I'm old school. I'd prefer my 7-footers to get rebounds and block shots, not float around on the perimeter.

Plus, you gotta give Shep, Dilly and Z tons of time. And cut Edwards' and Bradshaw's minutes back.
Ugonna got lost so much, if you watch close, he’s terrible on the switch which cause guards to be late and open 3’s.

I mostly like it, but I’d have Rob in the starting lineup over DJ. I think the Rob and Reed coming in together isn’t as necessary as it’s made out to be. Rob’s a better player than DJ. Just is.

Reactions: jedwar
Just my thoughts, which are worth exactly what you’re paying for them:

Let AB, Big Z, and Ugo split the 40 minutes at the five. Mitchell, of course, should get 25-30 minutes at the four. But when Mitchell isn’t in we should go small whether it’s four guards, three guards and Thiero, or three guards and Edwards. If fact, I wonder if playing the four wouldn’t help Edwards, at least offensively, by creating a mismatch for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: jedwar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT