ADVERTISEMENT

Opening SEC Series

trucheck

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2005
Hey Guys,

Looking forward to the opening SEC series with UK. Our team has had its ups and downs so far, best way to describe is Jekyll and Hyde. We lost two to auburn jr. (Clemson) which we should have not done. Pitching is fairly decent and hitting is ok not great. We seem to hit better with runners on than not.

How does your team look this year, you all won the series last year.

We are currently 9-3 on the season, and have won 7 straight. We had a tough west coast swing going 1-3 against USC and UC Santa Barbara. Both teams are ranked, USC is 12-1, and UCSB is also 9-3.
We have hit pretty well, .313 team avg. and our pitchers sre improving. The best surprise is from some of our Fr. and Sophs. They have stepped up real well.
Honestly, we haven't fared too well down in Columbia, but have done very well when the teams play in Lexington. You guys are always very good, and I am sure you will be again this year. Also looking forward to SEC play, that is where the real tests are for sure !

SC is always great competition. I hope our boys represent in Columbia! Lets go BatCats!!

UK has played well vs lesser competition but not so well when they stepped up in class, which is what they'll see starting next weekend. Starting pitching and hitting has been solid. Their weaknesses so far have been timely hitting and the bullpen. It's early on, so they can improve on that the rest of the season.

It makes me nervous that the sec slate is so soon. UK is the northernmost sec school and probably has had the least amount of outdoor practice. Now they've also had some weird schedules and some games cancelled so they may not have played as much as some other teams. We're also fairly inexperienced as a team. A good chunk of newer faces are out there, especially on the mound. Hopefully the boys adjust quickly and we can be competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT