ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Lines

Deeeefense

Aug 22, 2001
Chattanooga
UofL a 12.5 point dog to Auburn
Bama a 12.5 point favorite over Wisconsin
OSU 20.5 over VaTech

these are from 5Dimes. Never seen lines up this early before.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Interesting, good find. Thanks.

It would be nice to see UK start the season off with a win while UL starts off with a loss.

UofL a 12.5 point dog to Auburn
Bama a 12.5 point favorite over Wisconsin
OSU 20.5 over VaTech

these are from 5Dimes. Never seen lines up this early before.
They have had those up for at least a week or so now. Note these lines have 20% juice and not the usual 10%. It is almost certainly a "house line" since the major line makers have not yet issued an opinion. Because of same, I suspect there are betting limits on this very early action. They are probably just trying to jump start the football betting season. Look for the Golden Nugget to issue their very early lines about the middle of June if they follow last year's schedule. Last year the GN had early action on selected games throughout the season, not just opening week.

Peace

shocked at that bama wisc line. would of thought it'd be closer. anyone who watched bama spring game.... they have a bad qb problem. they may struggle to score against stout defenses... i might have to take that bet!!!

I hate to be the stereotype, and I actually have a fair respect for UofL football, but I'd still take Auburn at 12.5 at their place.

They have had those up for at least a week or so now. Note these lines have 20% juice and not the usual 10%. It is almost certainly a "house line" since the major line makers have not yet issued an opinion. Because of same, I suspect there are betting limits on this very early action. They are probably just trying to jump start the football betting season. Look for the Golden Nugget to issue their very early lines about the middle of June if they follow last year's schedule. Last year the GN had early action on selected games throughout the season, not just opening week.

Peace
So you think the line on Auburn/UL is wrong, or to high? Will you go into a hole again when UL falls to pieces for a few years, like you did last time.... UK had like a 4 game winning streak and you were no where to be seen.....

I don't remember WC disappearing for long periods of time, but then I don't remember what I had for breakfast and it wasn't my turn to keep track of him.

shocked at that bama wisc line. would of thought it'd be closer. anyone who watched bama spring game.... they have a bad qb problem. they may struggle to score against stout defenses... i might have to take that bet!!!

Not really...pretty much inline with the "Way too Early Polls"...both CBS and ESPN All 4 Schools Ranked with both Alabama Schools in the Top 8...Wisconsin and Louisville are between Top 12 to Top 25 with the Badgers breaking in a new coach.

I don't remember WC disappearing for long periods of time, but then I don't remember what I had for breakfast and it wasn't my turn to keep track of him.
Your memory is better than Gary's and I'm betting he is much younger. ;)

Peace

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Not really...pretty much inline with the "Way too Early Polls"...both CBS and ESPN All 4 Schools Ranked with both Alabama Schools in the Top 8...Wisconsin and Louisville are between Top 12 to Top 25 with the Badgers breaking in a new coach.

Are you saying that UofL is a top 25 team this year? I must LOL at that. I look for UofL to be a somewhere in the middle ACC team. After looking at UofLs schedule I think they will struggle to get bowl eligible. I see 5 games they are most likely to lose and one of those is the UK game. I think they might go into the UK game needing a win to go to a bowl this year.

The National Media Disagrees.

ESPN Post Spring

25. Louisville Cardinals

After going 9-4 in its first season in the ACC, the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix in Year 2. Coach Bobby Petrino brought in a bunch of transfers to shore up his receiver corps and defense. Former TCU star Devonte Fields could provide a better pass rush, and Georgia transfers Josh Harvey-Clemons and Shaq Wiggins should help shore up the secondary. Ja'Quay Williams (Texas A&M) and Jamari Staples (UAB) might help restock a depleted receiver corps.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tate-buckeyes-lock-no-1-spot-too-early-top-25

CBS Post Spring

LOU.png

25. Louisville: This is why athletic director Tom Jurich rehired Bobby Petrino: He won nine games in his first season (back). That's the sixth time in 10 years as a head coach Petrino's won at least that many. Elsewhere, express your (possible) outrage any way you wish. Petrino signed former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Devonte Fields.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ate-will-begin-2015-where-it-left-off-in-2014

Last edited:
The National Media Disagrees.

ESPN Way Too Early

25. Louisville Cardinals

After going 9-4 in its first season in the ACC, the Cardinals are looking for a quick fix in Year 2. Coach Bobby Petrino brought in a bunch of transfers to shore up his receiver corps and defense. Former TCU star Devonte Fields could provide a better pass rush, and Georgia transfers Josh Harvey-Clemons and Shaq Wiggins should help shore up the secondary. Ja'Quay Williams (Texas A&M) and Jamari Staples (UAB) might help restock a depleted receiver corps.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tate-buckeyes-lock-no-1-spot-too-early-top-25

CBS Way too Early

LOU.png

25. Louisville: This is why athletic director Tom Jurich rehired Bobby Petrino: He won nine games in his first season (back). That's the sixth time in 10 years as a head coach Petrino's won at least that many. Elsewhere, express your (possible) outrage any way you wish. Petrino signed former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Devonte Fields.

I do not know what UofL might be ranked to start the year but I do know that 5-6 and 6-6 teams are seldom in the top 25 at seasons end. Heck it was only a few years ago that UK was ranked number one preseason in basketball and lost in the first round of the NIT. I place very little credence in preseason polls.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25182077/post-spring-top-25-ohio-state-will-begin-2015-where-it-left-off-in-2014

[

CBS Post Spring

LOU.png

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ate-will-begin-2015-where-it-left-off-in-2014[/QUOTE]

You list of transfers said it for me, Transfer U.

But then it has been like that since jurich took over, I wonder how Willie is enjoying his lifetime sentence so far-----for being a HABITUAL criminal. I wonder how many will join him before it is over.

Last edited:
Just stated that both ESPN & CBS has Louisville in their Post Spring Top 25...myself I see a 8-4 Regular Season due to my worry on the OLine...see losses against Auburn, Clemson and @ Florida State and a split on the road with Pitt/NC State...on Kentucky see it as a 52% Chance of a Louisville win due to the Wildcars Brutal SEC Schedule and this time around Kentucky will not have a Bye Week before the UofL Game and UofL will be coming off a Game at Pittsburgh not a Game at Notre Dame on their Senior Day.

Last edited:
i didn't bring up louisville.... i brought up the bama and wisc game and bama has got qb issues if you watched their spring game... did you? i think they will struggle to score on solid defenses and wisc should be pretty dang solid on that side of the ball this year. bama "should" win but wisc is ranked anywhere from 13 to just out of the top 25 so it's not like wisc is wayyyy overmatched. but hey, way to plug your team though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT