ADVERTISEMENT

OMG! Chapman will be on the teamcast!

BigSexyCat

Senior
Nov 29, 2008
Who in hell's idea was this. No thanks! I'll be listening to the regular broadcast. FWIW Buzz Baker and Michael Eaves will also be on the teamcast.

This post was edited on 3/31 12:00 PM by BigSexyCat

laugh.r191677.gif

THAT IS AWESOME.

It's like the decision makers have been under a rock for a full year.

Last year, Chapman was a DISASTER. Terrible broadcaster and drops the BS Cal/Lakers bomb right before the game. So he's now hated by a huge portion of the fanbase.

Then he goes out and shoplifts a bunch of iphones, due pay off a presumed drug habit - or gambling habit, or whatever, who cares he's caught stealing GD iphones.

Why would they want a criminal everyone hates? Was Michael Porter not available? Richie Farmer not available? Oh, I guess they actually aren't, huh.

Universal disdain for him from the fans last year, plus the cloud hanging over him from the Apple theft charges, and they still give him the gig? Is Jurich running that station?

Chapman has become an embarrassment to UK and is disliked by our knowledgeable fans.
So I guess he's out of re-hab and jail?
I hope this is an early April Fools joke, because he sure is.

Originally posted by That MGH Guy:
Zero chance of me watching that now.

It's insane that he's being rewarded for the last year. Really pitiful.
Ditto for me. Just plain dumb.

This is very bad for everyone involved. I won't watch a broadcast with Chapman. I strongly suspect that the Chapman broadcast will be a dramatic flop, which is bad for TV, bad for UK, and bad for Chapman.

Please tell me this is a joke...

A drug addict & criminal with piss poor broadcasting skills is going to be the voice of the UK Teamcast?

Now the "national" broadcast will DEFINITELY bring in record ratings since no Kentucky fan is going to be watching the UK team-cast anymore. What a bunch of idiots.

That would be like if UNCheat was in the Final Four, and the powers-that-be decided to have Rashaad McCants be one of the analysts for its UNC team-cast. Dumb

Matt Jones congratulating Rex on twitter and calling him a good friend. I think Matt may have more loyalty to Rex than BBN. He knows how fans feel about Rex but he still backs him. I don't think it was that long ago that the two didn't even know each. How good of friends can they be.

No freakin way! Just another way to stick it to UK fans. I hate these POS who do this. Thank God I will be at the final 4 and won't have to hear any of their hateful mouths!

Originally posted by KumarCat:
Got to be a joke. Or, just more proof There is an anti UK agenda.
This. Got to be some way we can get this changed. Tony Delk is a lot better choice than Rex. GBB

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
Who's idea was this? We hate this guy especially after last year .
I don't hate him. There are just so many other better options out there. Good grief. Mashburn, Delk, etc.

I listen to Matt everyday, but he should be ashamed for this. Chapman is a UK villan.
Originally posted by BigSexyCat:
Matt Jones congratulating Rex on twitter and calling him a good friend. I think Matt may have more loyalty to Rex than BBN. He knows how fans feel about Rex but he still backs him. I don't think it was that long ago that the two didn't even know each. How good of friends can they be.

That's a ridiculously stupid decision, apparently made by some producer who thinks the BBN is so dumb that, no matter what Rex does or says, we'll all still idolize the ass and look upon him as a respected authority.

If Rex wants to sit in the stands and cheer for the Cats like a normal fan, that's fine by me, but that guy should NOT be part of our official tourney broadcast team. Whoever made this decision should be called out for it.

This post was edited on 3/31 2:26 PM by UK90

I hear Rex has gone through rehab and is trying to get his life turned around. I favor giving him a second chance instead of being so critical. I think too many of us write derogatory comments on these message boards when we wouldn't think about doing it in a face to face encounter. Remember he is a former UK player. Those of you who are perfect can keep on cutting him down.

People need to settle down and take it easy.

Rex screwed up royally, but I'm willing to see if the man is capable of showing some humility in the wake of his troubles and his asinine decision to send out that tweet about Cal last year.

If he shows up unapologetic, I'll be really irritated. However, let's wait and see how this plays out before we throw a collective tantrum.

I'm all for Rex turning his life around and getting a second chance at things. But after what has gone on in the past year, putting him on the team broadcast in the Final Four, with UK attempting a 40-0 season probably isn't the best way to go about it.

ADVERTISEMENT