ADVERTISEMENT

Olivier Nkamhoua

The only SEC program without a committed transfer. Of course, the 2 biggest decisions left to be made for Kentucky are that of 2 former transfers. One way or another our season seemingly hinges on the transfer portal. Granted, Im not a soothsayer, and the incoming 5 freshmen could be the real deal, but those are 2 very important decisions.

GOOD portal players want starters minutes. With 5 Top FR Recruits and 3 starters still awaiting draft decisions ......

If you were one of these portal players good enough to play starters minutes for KY, why would you commit to KY until you know if your minutes are even available for you?

I'm not stumping for Cal, I'm thinking more in terms of why certain kids aren't looking harder at us.

And "because Cal sucks" isn't really a reason. Just look around the NBA right now. From the player's perspective there is still plenty of good reason to consider KY if $$$ and NBA stardom is your goal.

Then we aren't getting anything because now the portal is cleaned out and nothing is left.Great way to run a program.
The only hope now is returnees we need of players coming out of the combine we don’t know that we have made a priority in private.

7 scholly players right now. I’d imagine you’d be hard pressed to find any major D1 school in a similar situation sans a coaching change. .
Reeves is probably coming back. But you can't get through a Power 5 season with 8 players. Next we will probably learn that Cal gives the other scholarships to walkons.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I agree but it just seems like we are waiting on them. Only really went after 2 guys.
That’s exactly what is happening. The coach is, once again, being held hostage waiting on players to make decisions. What is Livingston going to hear this week that he didn’t know a month ago? Same with Reeves. Oscar, I get it bc he’s at least SOMEWHERE on the draft boards. But, allowing all these guys to wait until the deadline to make a decision is lunacy. Especially, when it’s guys who aren’t even projected to be drafted, at all.

You can’t wait until the portal is empty to start trying to fill holes. He should’ve told them from the beginning that he supports their decisions to get NBA feedback & test the waters. But, if they can’t give him a decision by a certain date that he will start adding players & they can come back if they want to, but, he’s not holding their spots at the team’s expense. Instead, he bends over backwards to appease guys who dgaf about UK & likely won’t come back, regardless. “Players first” should not mean “program last”.

That’s exactly what is happening. The coach is, once again, being held hostage waiting on players to make decisions. What is Livingston going to hear this week that he didn’t know a month ago? Same with Reeves. Oscar, I get it bc he’s at least SOMEWHERE on the draft boards. But, allowing all these guys to wait until the deadline to make a decision is lunacy. Especially, when it’s guys who aren’t even projected to be drafted, at all.

You can’t wait until the portal is empty to start trying to fill holes. He should’ve told them from the beginning that he supports their decisions to get NBA feedback & test the waters. But, if they can’t give him a decision by a certain date that he will start adding players & they can come back if they want to, but, he’s not holding their spots at the team’s expense. Instead, he bends over backwards to appease guys who dgaf about UK & likely won’t come back, regardless. “Players first” should not mean “program last”.

No one gaf about UK anymore. The transfers don't, the freshmen don't and the players that are on the fence dont. It's all about NIL and money. Uk isn't getting it done with NIL.

No one gaf about UK anymore. The transfers don't, the freshmen don't and the players that are on the fence dont. It's all about NIL and money. Uk isn't getting it done with NIL.
Yeah, 💯. That’s my point in saying don’t wait on these guys to fill the roster. Why show so much loyalty to guys who couldn’t care less how it damages the program & are looking for ANY possible way out & probably won’t come back, anyway?! Give them a deadline & if they can’t decide by then, move on. This bs with current CBB is just another reason that the sport & the players become less likable by the year.

Yeah, 💯. That’s my point in saying don’t wait on these guys to fill the roster. Why show so much loyalty to guys who couldn’t care less how it damages the program & are looking for ANY possible way out & probably won’t come back, anyway?! Give them a deadline & if they can’t decide by then, move on. This bs with current CBB is just another reason that the sport & the players become less likable by the year.
Good post. I swear I think NIL and the portal if some changes aren’t made are going to really hurt college basketball across the board

I don’t care where this guy lands. He is in the Duke Killer Hall of Fame. An exclusive list that includes guys like Rip Hamilton, Tyus Thomas, Derrick Williams, Cassius Winston and Caleb Love. I’m a fan for life.

Then we aren't getting anything because now the portal is cleaned out and nothing is left.Great way to run a program
When Oscar,Reeves and Livingston make it official one way or the other we will get some grad transfers that we haven't heard of yet Let's just hope by then we come up with some money. Cal needs to take a page from Jerry Maguire and show them the money. If cal can't load the roster with talent what the hell is he here for. It wouldn't shock me if our roster wasn't set until after July.

No other big school is waiting.They are filling their rosters...meanwhile in Lexington,same ol bullshit

GOOD portal players want starters minutes. With 5 Top FR Recruits and 3 starters still awaiting draft decisions ......

If you were one of these portal players good enough to play starters minutes for KY, why would you commit to KY until you know if your minutes are even available for you?

I'm not stumping for Cal, I'm thinking more in terms of why certain kids aren't looking harder at us.

And "because Cal sucks" isn't really a reason. Just look around the NBA right now. From the player's perspective there is still plenty of good reason to consider KY if $$$ and NBA stardom is your goal.
We have zero true PF on rhe roster. I know we’ll try Bradshaw there….but this guy is a tru PF

This is such a horrible way to run a program by guaranteed spots for certain kids Ana you basically cater the roster to those players. This is as I’ve said a glorified AAU team that only plays for getting noticed for NBA paychecks….fans are not supporting this nonsense

Bradshaw and Ugonna are holding Cal hostage while there are players much better at both positions in the portal. Given not earned.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Hopefully our guys return. I think at least Reeves will. But who knows?

Hopefully if we lose our guys, we add a veteran or two that pulls out of the draft.

Top of my wishlist is Kobe Brown.

I would be pretty happy with Reeves back and add Brown.

Brown would be a good compliment to Bradshaw. Both can play inside and out on offense. Bradshaw hopefully gives us that much needed rim protector while Brown at 240 lbs. gives us a little beef. Similar pairing to AD and TJ in ‘12.

We would be in pretty good shape with Brown and Reeves.

Guards(1-3 spots)- Dillingham, Edwards, Reeves, Sheppard, and Wagner.

Forwards(4-5 spots)- Bradshaw, Brown, Onyenso, and Thiero.

We would need one more Forward to round out the roster.

It will be interesting to see things play out once the draft decisions have all been made.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Takes someone with guts to do this, ccc is just in command in theory only. The players call the shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT