ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, so UK is recruiting a 7'5 Italian center?

I hope we don't get this kid if its true. We already have Humphries this year then Wynyard. I know this will get some people going for whatever reason but if we keep on we wont have room for the elite frontcourt players next year. Players like that 7'5 kid isn't a UK kid. Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Nerlens Noel, Demarcus Cousins are UK kids.

Don't do this UK kid bull****. We're not Louisville. We don't have kids that are K1C4, UK men, nothing like that. We don't know who the 7'5 kid is, so there's no way you could even come to the conclusion that he is good for us, but there are few 7'5 centers that don't own the paint in college ball.

I hope we don't get this kid if its true. We already have Humphries this year then Wynyard. I know this will get some people going for whatever reason but if we keep on we wont have room for the elite frontcourt players next year. Players like that 7'5 kid isn't a UK kid. Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Nerlens Noel, Demarcus Cousins are UK kids.

You really gotta calm down, my man.

Reactions: brdmn22
See it gets everybody pissed of and I don't get it. I know we don't even know who he is yet, but imagine if we got him for next year, Just say we did, There's him, Humphries, Wynyard, and maybe Lee. Where's room for our elite frontcourt players like we need? I mean its pretty obvious.

See it gets everybody pissed of and I don't get it. I know we don't even know who he is yet, but imagine if we got him for next year, Just say we did, There's him, Humphries, Wynyard, and maybe Lee. Where's room for our elite frontcourt players like we need? I mean its pretty obvious.

Yes, it's pretty obvious that anyone fretting over Cal getting the right players in here is either a fool or a troll.

WTH do you keep making yourself look so foolish by saying you hope Cal doesn't take a player?

You looked like an idiot saying that about Humphries only to say "he looks ok I like him now."

It is a very childish perspective to say not to recruit certain players that you have never ever seen just because you hope to get a kid you have read about being a 5 star that you know nothing about as well.

Cal has had more top recruiting classes than any other coach. Do yourself a favor and let him pick and choose his players. Fell free to discuss players but chill on the "I hope we don't get him because I know nothing about him type posts."

I like you johnny but geez man... you keep setting yourself up.

Try this take:

"If we recruit another big how will that effect us with such and such?" That comment sparks debate and discussion.

Because, just as we have seen this spring, we won't get all of our targets and surprisingly, there are some highly rated kids Cal won't want.

Hope this helps grasshopper.

Last edited:
000488772.jpg
:)

Are you dumb, stupid, or maybe just really dumb? Coach Calipari is the greatest recruiter of the modern era. How dare you sit there, a person with absolutely no knowledge of recruiting and, very likely no knowledge of basketball in general, and have the audacity to make the comments you are making about Coach Calipari's recruiting? With the success he has had don't you think it would be wise to wait until you have at least seen these kids play before you call the coach an idiot for recruiting certain players?

Let's imagine he just turned 15, grows to be 8 feet tall and coordinated, and is the best basketball prospect in the world.

That's the entire point. You don't know anything about the kid and said you didn't want him. No adult makes decisions that way. When we find out his name, his age, his class, his amateur status, his ability, etc. then comment. As of now it's just an interesting discussion.

Cal likes to have a couple of projects. I have no problem with this kid, he as potential. Larry Stamper never played a lot but I remember him coming in when our better players fouled out against either Jacksonville or Austin Peay and did good. I think the final score was 104 to 103 Kentucky. Excellent game. Just trust Cal.

Let's imagine he just turned 15, grows to be 8 feet tall and coordinated, and is the best basketball prospect in the world.

That's the entire point. You don't know anything about the kid and said you didn't want him. No adult makes decisions that way. When we find out his name, his age, his class, his amateur status, his ability, etc. then comment. As of now it's just an interesting discussion.

No 7'5 kid is gonna be that coordinated or even that good. I just don't want us to be too crowded to get a 5star frontcourt player or two. next season.

No 7'5 kid is gonna be that coordinated or even that good. I just don't want us to be too crowded to get a 5star frontcourt player or two. next season.

How do you know he's for next season? You don't know anything about him. It's foolish to make up your mind about something you know nothing about.

Are you dumb, stupid, or maybe just really dumb? Coach Calipari is the greatest recruiter of the modern era. How dare you sit there, a person with absolutely no knowledge of recruiting and, very likely no knowledge of basketball in general, and have the audacity to make the comments you are making about Coach Calipari's recruiting? With the success he has had don't you think it would be wise to wait until you have at least seen these kids play before you call the coach an idiot for recruiting certain players?

Yeah I know Cal's the best recruiter ever Dumbass. But dude just think about this a minute. If we got this kid, and I'm not saying we are. We don't even know who the hell he is. Just hypothetical... But had you rather have kids like Him, Humphries, and Wynyard? Or had you rather have Burger boys? I mean seriously tell me? I don't see how people get so damn tore up when I make comments like that. How dare you say you want only the best right? I mean hell there's a problem if you'd rather have a kid like this than a 5star superstar. And no I don't want to wait til I seen a 7'5 Italian kid play because how many 7'5 kids are skilled like AD or KAT. That's UK big men. Hell you'd probably want the big mahmoud kid from UL if Cal had offered him wouldn't you? I meanits early to even say anything about getting him but either way we gotta have room for Ayton and SKJ next year and we wont if we have a bunch of these guys already.

How do you know he's for next season? You don't know anything about him. It's foolish to make up your mind about something you know nothing about.

I don't I just said if he is I hope we don't get him. I want Ayton and/or SKJ don't you? If we're crowded in the frontcourt it be difficult getting both. We already have Humphries, Wynyard, and probably/maybe Lee coming back

Yes, it's pretty obvious that anyone fretting over Cal getting the right players in here is either a fool or a troll.

Dude come on. Whats the chances of a 7'5 Italian kid being as skilled as AD, Noel, KAT, or Cousins? 0.001%??? You guys would be better of being a fan of a Tubby team if you'd settle for guys like this. Remember Orbzuit? We don't get guys like that anymore. We get McDonalds all Americans.

You really gotta calm down, my man.

LOL. Calm down? Yeah. I've always been a real high energy guy. You should have seen me on the football field in High School. That high energy translated very well to playing football. Playing football was my favorite thing in the world. It gave me the greatest feeling imaginable. Played SS. LOL I didn't just make normal tackles. I came down and tried to lay somebody out every time. I loved when a little skinny receiver caught a little short pass. It was on then LOL.

We don't get guys like that anymore. We get McDonalds all Americans.

And who's landing all these McDonald's All Americans? Who's building these rosters full of guys you say are UK level guys? What would suggest that he's suddenly going to start loading the lineup with foreign guys on the level of Woo?

I guarantee you hadn't heard of Anthony Davis when Cal offered. Same with Kanter. If we go so far as to recruit and offer a kid, I will bet you anything he can play.

Even "projects" like Willie end up AA's and top-10 picks, so until you can compile a list of terrible players that Cal has brought here, you should at least wait until a real name or age or something comes out before questioning his recruiting.

Reactions: brianpoe
And no OAD freshman-led team will ever win the title.

With all due respect...I don't think this argument is valid. You're making an assumption without any real idea if this guy can play or not. That is not fair to the recruit OR Cal. Really hope you don't make assumptions based on appearances in your everyday life

Now...being overcrowded makes more sense. We currently have 11 scholarship players, 7 of whom are guards. Even if Wynyard joins the team, later, that leaves us one more. Think about how many of the players on this year's roster will be gone next year....as of right now, I think it is safe to say we lose 6 to the draft.

Just something to consider.

Reactions: brianpoe
LOL. Calm down? Yeah. I've always been a real high energy guy. You should have seen me on the football field in High School. That high energy translated very well to playing football. Playing football was my favorite thing in the world. It gave me the greatest feeling imaginable. Played SS. LOL I didn't just make normal tackles. I came down and tried to lay somebody out every time. I loved when a little skinny receiver caught a little short pass. It was on then LOL.

Good lord, just when I thought your posts on this thread couldn't get any worse.... What in god's name makes you think anyone here is interested in your schoolboy football days? You're really coming across as someone who's attention-starved and immature in this thread...

Last edited:
Good lord, just when I thought your posts on this thread couldn't get any worse.... What in god's name makes you think anyone here is interested in your schoolboy football days? You're really coming across as someone who's attention-starved and immature in this thread...

Be careful. He lays people out.

I don't know, Manute Bol altered many shots simply because of his height.. Some teams didn't think about bringing it in the paint against him.

I asked you this in another thread the other day and never received a response, but who are all these elite frontcourt players in next year's class that you're so worried about UK not having room for?

Where's all the other redneck, good ole Kentucky boys at? Su
I asked you this in another thread the other day and never received a response, but who are all these elite frontcourt players in next year's class that you're so worried about UK not having room for?

Ayton is pretty much expected to reclassify. So he's the number 1 target. Then there's Sacha Killeya Jones who's really starting to rise and get more recognition. He'll end up being a 5star IMO. Then there's Thon Maker who is still a very good looking prospect, and a top 15 player in a loaded class. We're also still in on Harry Giles despite what some think. I think we have a better shot than most think. Azibuike is supposed to be a FL St. lean, but you cant count us out. An example is Isaiah Briscoe. Last year we weren't even in on him. People thought he's go here or there. Then Cal gets involved and he's ours. I think we could do something similar with Buike. Marcus Bolden even though I don't like him one bit is another. Then possibly guys like Jarret Allen, and Adebayo even though most think we have zero chance with him. Then that Gabrial kid is rising too, but he isn't an elite 5star as of now

So....
Ayton
Killeya Jones
Maker
Giles
Buike
Bolden
Allen
Adebayo

Atyon, SKJ, Maker, and Buike would be the most likely. My prediction is SKJ and Ayton

Where's all the other redneck, good ole Kentucky boys at? Su

Ayton is pretty much expected to reclassify. So he's the number 1 target. Then there's Sacha Killeya Jones who's really starting to rise and get more recognition. He'll end up being a 5star IMO. Then there's Thon Maker who is still a very good looking prospect, and a top 15 player in a loaded class. We're also still in on Harry Giles despite what some think. I think we have a better shot than most think. Azibuike is supposed to be a FL St. lean, but you cant count us out. An example is Isaiah Briscoe. Last year we weren't even in on him. People thought he's go here or there. Then Cal gets involved and he's ours. I think we could do something similar with Buike. Marcus Bolden even though I don't like him one bit is another. Then possibly guys like Jarret Allen, and Adebayo even though most think we have zero chance with him. Then that Gabrial kid is rising too, but he isn't an elite 5star as of now

So....
Ayton
Killeya Jones
Maker
Giles
Buike
Bolden
Allen
Adebayo

Atyon, SKJ, Maker, and Buike would be the most likely. My prediction is SKJ and Ayton

If Giles, SKJ, Maker, or Ayton are scared off by Tai or Isaac, I could care less where they go. We will not run out of scholarships.

Reactions: ukrjr1
If Giles, SKJ, Maker, or Ayton are scared off by Tai or Isaac, I could care less where they go. We will not run out of scholarships.
Exactly what I was thinking. Since Cal has been here, having available scholarships has very rarely been a problem. Only year I can think of UK not having an available scholarship when they could have used one is the Jarnell Stokes year. Half of the time Cal hasn't even filled all of the scholarships, and ended up rewarding a walk-on or two with a free year of school.

Plus, Johnny keeps complaining about UK not having enough room for all these "elite" front court players next year, but fails to realize that; 1) Out of the eight guys that were named by him, I'd say only two-three of them are truly elite. 2) Cal is only going to sign so many front court players anyways, so having an abundance of available scholarships for front court players isn't even necessary.

I mean, it's not like Cal is looking to sign four-five front court players in next year's class. I don't get this paranoid obsession of Johnny's that he thinks Cal needs all the available scholarships he can get just to be able to sign a couple of front court players next year.

Seems everyone is freaking out about nothing.. kid is probably going to be a professional in Italy very soon. That is why Cal felt safe to actually comment on him, which is why he will never be at UK

Seems everyone is freaking out about nothing.. kid is probably going to be a professional in Italy very soon.

Before we send him to the pros, do we even have any proof yet that this supposed 7'5" Italian center even exists?

I've not seen it beyond a couple posters claiming to have seen video that, oddly, they can't provide an actual link to. I think it'd be funny if y'all have been pranked and arguing for two pages about an imaginary player.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT