ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, so UK is recruiting a 7'5 Italian center?

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
As it turns out, the big fella we seen in the video last night was a recruit visiting UK. 7'5 Italian center, no idea who he is, would like to have a name, but hey, it couldn't hurt at all. Usually players that size don't have a ton of talent around them, but they dominate college ball because size is usually a big factor at this level.
Anybody have any clue who he could be?

I love it. Cal has expanded globally. Get these foreign kids. They have a built-in following already. When their younger, potentially more talented, peer group watch them from overseas, they'll look at Kentucky as a welcoming environment that can act as a transition station between amateurism and professional play.

If UK starts to gain a rep as the college program for foreign studs, Cal will officially have taken over the basketball world.

Last edited:
I love it. Cal is expanded globally. Get these foreign kids. They have a built-in following already. When their younger, potentially more talented, peer group watch them from overseas, they'll look at Kentucky as a welcoming environment that can act as a transition station between amateurism and professional play.

If UK starts to gain a rep as the college program for foreign studs, Cal will officially have taken over the basketball world.

Great post. And Cal has been thinking about this since he came to UK. Anyone recall his idea years ago to add a Chinese player? He's had the vision of UK as a global brand for a while. Looks like it is happening and building.

I'm not sure who it would be. If Italy has someone in the pipeline that size, they're hiding him from international play, unless he's not even old enough for U16/17 play yet.

The biggest guy is Riccardo Cattapan, but he's just in that 7 foot range, and there's no way someone's mistaking a 7 footer for a 7'5 guy.

The guy in the video was HUGE...

Spurs of College basketball. International.

UK Brand will explode! Great for Kentucky!

I'm sure some won't like this (Perception), but it would also improve the image of Kentucky just by having so much international flavor.

calipari referred to him as "Paisan" in his post practice interview with Karl Towns. Of course that's just a nickname/Italian term not his name.

On if he can comment on the 7-foot Australian: “I can’t talk about it. But we did have a 7-5 Italian. I said, ‘Paisan, come over here.’ Seven-foot-five. He made Karl look about 6-7. (Towns: ‘He made me look like Tyler Ulis.’)”

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...qa-calipari-towns-back-together--uk/30984465/

Coach Cal and his connection/influence.

No one even know this 7'5" is...yet he is at UK practicing with our current and past players. ROFLMAO.

Good catch. And it almost has to be him. How many guys that tall are out there? Add in the Italian connection, and it seems totally right.

But the thing about that is, he's only 15 years old- as of 2 weeks ago. Which would almost certainly mean he's 2 years off or more, and if he's already in the Italian system, odds are high that a pro team will be throwing a lot of money at him if he can play at all.

Good catch. And it almost has to be him. How many guys that tall are out there? Add in the Italian connection, and it seems totally right.

But the thing about that is, he's only 15 years old- as of 2 weeks ago. Which would almost certainly mean he's 2 years off or more, and if he's already in the Italian system, odds are high that a pro team will be throwing a lot of money at him if he can play at all.

Now, if only he weighed 175 pounds more.

Reactions: brianpoe
I love it. Cal has expanded globally. Get these foreign kids. They have a built-in following already. When their younger, potentially more talented, peer group watch them from overseas, they'll look at Kentucky as a welcoming environment that can act as a transition station between amateurism and professional play.

Just waiting on Coach Cal to bring in the eight-footer from China.

I think Cal was just fooling around since he couldn't talk about Humphries. Maybe he was even alluding to Humphries and just calling him an Italian kid. I think Tipton took him literally and ran with it.

Reactions: Nubb16
7-5 110 lbs?

Found a pic of the big fella.
7854629706_a787fae785_b.jpg

Wow.
This is so great.
I'm. Talking about a potential recruit that's name ends in Ky.
Sign him up!
When was the last time Uk had a player who's name ended in. KY.???

Someone post the video or this is a bunch of bull ! Next thing we will have a 9 ft. player from Mars playing with the guys . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: brianpoe
I will try to find it. Look in the Murray is at UK thread. Click on the pic that shows he, Lyles, and Booker. Go to the dudes fb page that posted the pic and scroll down to find the vid.

That's a lot of work just to find a picture of a kid who probably will never play at UK.

I hope we don't get this kid if its true. We already have Humphries this year then Wynyard. I know this will get some people going for whatever reason but if we keep on we wont have room for the elite frontcourt players next year. Players like that 7'5 kid isn't a UK kid. Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Nerlens Noel, Demarcus Cousins are UK kids.

I hope we don't get this kid if its true. We already have Humphries this year then Wynyard. I know this will get some people going for whatever reason but if we keep on we wont have room for the elite frontcourt players next year. Players like that 7'5 kid isn't a UK kid. Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, Nerlens Noel, Demarcus Cousins are UK kids.
How do you know the 7'5" kid isn't elite? You don't even know who he is.

Reactions: wromanp7

Post better.

ADVERTISEMENT