ADVERTISEMENT

Observations From the Bar Stool.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
1. Maxwell Hairston. Can you say “First Team All American?

2. Offensive Consistency.

Mmmmm.

Well, we have 8 more regular season games to find that rhythm, or whatever it is we’re missing. Let’s just say our sloppy play is rendering our offense worse than the sum of the pieces.

3. D’ Jack. So cool and heady a play to find a DB to lateral to after his pick. D’Erick had not seen the “big play,” so far this season, but he has turned in several in his career.

4. O-line. Cox at center was an improvement. The one mishandled snap should have been handled by Leary.

5. D-line. I like them. Yes, they’ve been a fraction from some big pays, but no
one moves them out of the way. It is tough to gain yards up our defensive middle, and that is a big part (the primary part) of a stingy defense. They tried to single-block Walker, and he sacked his O-lineman and the QB together.

6. Leary. It’s on-again, off-again. Misses one receiver with a high throw, and drops a 40 yard pass into a paint bucket.

I think this is who he is. At least high misses usually can’t be picked.

7. Key . . . one drop that I saw, and a great haul for a TD before the head-pat.

Had I been a Coach, I would have just told Key the little head-pat does not impress pro scouts.

8. Special Teams. They traveled well. FG and Xtra points look pretty routine.

9. Stoops: first Coach to lead Kentucky to three successive 3-0 (or better) starts, since 1909?!?! They said it on TV so it has to be true.

10. The Backs.

Didn’t a few of our runs, today, have that gritty Snell/Crod “you can’t stop me,” quality?!?!

11. Maxwell Hairston’s two pick-sixes are the first time in UK history one player has had two in a single game.

A record so nice, I’ve mentioned him twice in an Observations thread!!!!

Last edited:
If our offense can get things figured out just a little, we will be in every game this year. Where were the TE today. 1 drop by Dingle, but his blocking was much improved today. If we can get Horsey back, I think (hope), Pray that our O-line can be better.

Reactions: UKortho
Sailed passes are the most prone to picks. Not to the outside…. But anything sailed on routes coming outside to in between the numbers (behind the backers but in front of the secondary) is prone to fall in the secondaries lap. We got lucky twice today where the DB just slipped while making his initial movement towards the overthrow.

I do believe one of them was tipped leaving Learys hand tho bc his throwing motioned got stopped around 12oclock release point

Reactions: Davae9 and The-Hack
Bates had a good catch up the middle to get us into the red zone.
I remember that one. Just thought there were times (when we were bogging down) where we forced things instead of switching things up and coming out with a different package. 3 TE 1 receiver and such. Just a different look and possibly find something they did not expect to see.

Way too many throws passes outise the hashes
….work rhe middle of the field and the play develops faster

I think we run too many nfl concepts and just play college football at this level

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT