ADVERTISEMENT

O/U 12.5 Wins in SEC Play?

May 30, 2019
Heard quickly on the radio that the over/under on sports betting sites is 12.5 conference wins for Kentucky. I feel like 13-5 and even 12-6 is a pretty strong showing in a tough SEC this year. Feel like if we can set a 14-4 mark in the SEC with only one or two losses in the nonconference, we very well could be in line for a 1 seed in March. I know we've got a long way to go before conference play, but are you taking the over or the under?

The procrastinators prediction about UK at 4th in the SEC vs what Vegas sees us as don’t match up. 12-13 SEC wins will win the conference.
This team is generally ranked around 15 in the preseason poll yet around 2-3 in odds to win it all. What gives?

I'm going to say over, 14-4 in SEC play.

Pretty confident we don't lose an SEC home game.

Think we lose @ TA&M, @Arky, @TN, and one more road game (perhaps Miss State).

Think we finish the entire year at 26-5 (lose one non-conf game to KU).

2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

I would typically say over, but I’m going to just use my brain and say under. Until I see something on the court, I just can’t do it. Will Bradshaw play? Will Onyenso play? Will Z be descent? Will Cal let them run? Will Cal force odd lineups? Will we have more weird and long lasting injuries as we always seems to have? Will Reeves be able to play some D? I’ll root for more, but if I were going to bet it, I’d go under I guess.

I would take that. I'm just so ready to be a one-seed again. I think in some years a 26-5 record can get you a 1-seed as well. We already missed out on the Louisville Regional last year, unfortunately. But it's time for us to be a team to beat heading into March.

I would typically say over, but I’m going to just use my brain and say under. Until I see something on the court, I just can’t do it. Will Bradshaw play? Will Onyenso play? Will Z be descent? Will Cal let them run? Will Cal force odd lineups? Will we have more weird and long lasting injuries as we always seems to have? Will Reeves be able to play some D? I’ll root for more, but if I were going to bet it, I’d go under I guess.
All fair questions. Here's hoping we have a lot of those answered sooner than later. Interested in seeing Big Z in the Blue-White game, although of course, that still won't tell us a lot.

The procrastinators prediction about UK at 4th in the SEC vs what Vegas sees us as don’t match up. 12-13 SEC wins will win the conference.
This team is generally ranked around 15 in the preseason poll yet around 2-3 in odds to win it all. What gives?
The "who knows" of JVC. We could be phenomenal. We could also crash and burn. I'm leaning towards being really good. But no one truly knows.

26-5 in a tough conference should net a 1 seed I would think. At the least it would be the Top 2.

If I was a betting man, I would put everything on the over, especially if Bradshaw plays. I've got a feeling that, barring any more injuries, this team has the potential to be special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT