ADVERTISEMENT

None of the top recruits are coming ...

C8TS

Junior
Nov 8, 2011
I never tend to have "sources" but I do know someone VERY connected in the AAU circuit.
He said several weeks ago that UK will not get a single remaining all-American.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that will be the case.

Best case scenario is Moulder and a 50/50 chance with Murray.

He is pretty confident that Diallo is not coming either. I hope he is wrong, but he has been spot on over the last couple of years

My source informs me naan are coming.

naan-bread.jpg

Reactions: ciphercomplete
He says Oregon is in the lead for Murray. Hopefully that can change this weekend.

So being connected in AAU gives him the scoop on Brown, Ingram, Diallo and Newman, plus information about a JUCO and junior, both from Canada?

He must literally be Mr. AAU, cause all these other well connected AAU and recruiting people don't have much of a solid idea where any of these guys are heading.

Bash away ... Just sharing information.
Just warning you to not be so disappointed.

He says Oregon is in the lead for Murray. Hopefully that can change this weekend.
It sounds like your source is just repeating what the recruiting sites are saying. If your source says Oregon is leading for Murray I don't see how we would have a 50/50 chance.

Whether it does or doesn't come true, please realize that you just know someone vaguely associated with a summer team who also has internet access.

That's your source. He doesn't know. Think of how absurd it would be for him to somehow be connected to ALL of these very secretive individual cases. "Connected in AAU," as if they have gigantic meetings and talk about this sort of thing. You could ask the individual actual coaches of the players and in a given year I'd bet you'd be less than 50-percent right, but one guy knows about all of these guys? Think about it.

Reactions: Mossip
I hope I am wrong, but he has only missed on one recruit over the last 2 years. He had Swanigan at Cal but didn't happen.

Trust me, I hope he is wrong!!!!

Your buddy knows nothing.... and he's not exactly going out on a limb by saying that. If he has the internet and the ability to read, those are his sources.

We may not get anyone, but I wouldn't bet against Cal. ... Even if Trinity22 and his aau buddy say otherwise.

Whether it does or doesn't come true, please realize that you just know someone vaguely associated with a summer team who also has internet access.

That's your source. He doesn't know. Think of how absurd it would be for him to somehow be connected to ALL of these very secretive individual cases. "Connected in AAU," as if they have gigantic meetings and talk about this sort of thing. You could ask the individual actual coaches of the players and in a given year I'd bet you'd be less than 50-percent right, but one guy knows about all of these guys? Think about it.

You may be right. He just has been spot on in the past, so it's hard to doubt him.

Just another poser looking for attention. If Oregon is leading for Murray then why do they feel the need to go visit him the weekend before he'll be in Lexington?

Matt Jones tweet was Murray to UK (essentially).

He said Murray is 50/50 but has leaned some to Oregon.

I was simply referring to Brown, Newman, Diallo and Ingram.

Man, cut the drama... What did Jones accidental tweet say. Come'on man.... Give it to us.

This. I looked at Matt's Twitter and he mentioned that his DM/Tweeting needed work, whatever that means. Maybe he posted something that was supposed to be private. Many needs to spill the beans! :D

Just another poser looking for attention. If Oregon is leading for Murray then why do they feel the need to go visit him the weekend before he'll be in Lexington?

They are making a push. I said 50/50 on him.

I was referring to Newman, Brown, Diallo and Ingram

You may be right. He just has been spot on in the past, so it's hard to doubt him.
He has been spot on in the past, yet you decide to post what your "source" says now? Why not in the past?

Sounds like Matt's sources are pretty confident on Murray. Even better than 50/50. You may want to have your super-connected source call up Kenny Payne again to get the scoop.

UK is making a big push. Oregon was the leader, but now it is 50/50.

Me saying this, but hopefully after Newman makes it public, it will help push us over the edge with Murray

Sounds like the same stuff I've been reading from recruiting sites for the last month now. Good to know you know someone who knows how to turn on a computer and look up recruiting information. Thanks for passing it along.

Is the Murray bit really news? I mean we just started recruiting him, no? Calipari's good, but even he has to put in work before a recruit commits. Wouldn't shock me at all if Oregon or whoever leads, but I bet that changes in time.

As for the other recruits, that sadly doesn't shock me. Things have been trending away from UK for a while with Brown, everyone is saying Miss. St. for Newman, and Ingram is probably going to Duke.

Not sure on Diallo, but wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Kansas.

Sounds like Matt's sources are pretty confident on Murray. Even better than 50/50. You may want to have your super-connected source call up Kenny Payne again to get the scoop.

I hope he is right.

I simply was stating that Newman, Ingram, Brown and Diallo won't be coming

Sounds like the same stuff I've been reading from recruiting sites for the last month now. Good to know you know someone who knows how to turn on a computer and look up recruiting information. Thanks for passing it along.

No prob

My experience on this board tells me that I'm going with Gonzo. If Gonzo says "nobody knows" ... that's all I need to know. Sorry, OP.

He says no Newman, Ingram, Diallo or Brown.

50/50 with Oregon and UK for Murray.
Oregon was in lead but UK has made major movement. Could go either way.

I was simply talking about Newman, Ingram, Diallo and Brown. They aren't coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT