ADVERTISEMENT

No Golf and No Fishing

jedwar

Dec 30, 2002
Rex, KY
The perfectly timed rain we've had all Spring has kept me from doing two of my favorite activities. Anyone else getting antsy to be able to do some outdoor activities? With school still in session, not much time during the week. Also haven't broken the garden yet. Will next week, it looks like a pretty good forecast.

I coach middle school baseball and it has rained on the key every game day since March 31st. Last night we had our first game in the month of April.

I've been turkey hunting about every day. Try that.

My boat hasn't left the garage since last May...:(
Too much extra work, and then this weather has pretty much dry docked it.

I may have to take up turkey hunting, been hearing several toms gobble lately around work and at my family's places

Went to the driving range a couple times in the last few weeks but haven't yet been able to get out on the course. The rain has been depressing.

May get a chance to go to the course tomorrow. Gonna be a little cool, but at least it's semi-dry out there now.

I went fishing for about 20 minutes tonight. First time this year which is way later than usual.

Weather much better this week according to forecast. So time for breaking up the garden and hopefully a round or so of golf.

Jedwar- About to do a once in a lifetime trip. Wife has a co-worker who owns a nice big boat West Palm Beach Florida. They have invited us in June to jump aboard and take a 3 hour+ ride to the Bahammas. Then for 5 days we are going out to fish for mackerel, tuna, etc at one of the lesser known islands.. Never did something like that before. Gonna be awesome.

Jedwar- About to do a once in a lifetime trip. Wife has a co-worker who owns a nice big boat West Palm Beach Florida. They have invited us in June to jump aboard and take a 3 hour+ ride to the Bahammas. Then for 5 days we are going out to fish for mackerel, tuna, etc at one of the lesser known islands.. Never did something like that before. Gonna be awesome.
That sounds great! Hope you enjoy!!

That sounds great! Hope you enjoy!!
Jedwar, I'm going to. Talked with the guy last night. Apparently gonna be like a non-touristy kinda thing. You ever did any deep sea fishing? I did once when I was little. Don't seem to remember much other than my brother-in-law Navy guy that got seasick.

Jedwar, I'm going to. Talked with the guy last night. Apparently gonna be like a non-touristy kinda thing. You ever did any deep sea fishing? I did once when I was little. Don't seem to remember much other than my brother-in-law Navy guy that got seasick.
Nope. I've been on the ocean once. Dinner cruise in Hawaii.

Cave Run needs to hurry up and drop because it is 30 ft high and I want to get down there and do some fishing. Buckhorn should be down by the weekend so I am going to hit that up a couple times this weekend but it is not as fun to fish.

ADVERTISEMENT