ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

I don't see this as a huge summer for Pope when it comes to the guys who will be seniors. He's had too much ground to make up. I think the bigger thing to watch for is how hard and successfully he recruits that next class of incoming juniors.

Can he land elite high schoolers? That will be the thing all of BBN will be watching for the most.

He doesn’t need a monster class. He does need a “Mashburn”. Luckily for him he has some instate talent only minutes away. Get them and 1 legit 5 star and kill it in the portal. Year 2 we are in the final four conversations.

Current roster thanks to LHL. Lanier and Vinson visiting this week.
Image-5-20-24-at-9-17-AM.jpg

Jasper Johnson:

And they got eyes on Johnson instantly. Pope and Hart watched Johnson play his first game Friday evening. Johnson said Pope called him ahead of time to tell him Kentucky would be watching him play during the live period. Several other schools did the same. As far as his relationship with the new UK coaching staff goes, Johnson said Brooks — UK’s new associate head coach who was previously at Baylor — has been contacting him and his family. “Now that I’m home (from Link), I’ll probably take a couple of visits up there (to get to know) the staff and stuff like that,” Johnson said. “Just really them trying to build our relationship … We’re getting there though.” Johnson also listed Arkansas (Calipari’s new home), Auburn, Baylor, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Ohio State as other schools that are recruiting him hard at the moment.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article288568697.html#storylink=cpy

Think it's interesting how when coaches are watching The Family play it's always assumed it's for Acuff. McKenney had more eyes on him and last night there were some big name coaches mentioned as "being there for Acuff" who were there to see McKenney and Acadian Lewis. Acuff is a talented guy who doesn't run a team-he's looking to score/dominates the ball. If he's not scoring, he doesn't do anything else.

Think it's interesting how when coaches are watching The Family play it's always assumed it's for Acuff. McKenney had more eyes on him and last night there were some big name coaches mentioned as "being there for Acuff" who were there to see McKenney and Acadian Lewis. Acuff is a talented guy who doesn't run a team-he's looking to score/dominates the ball. If he's not scoring, he doesn't do anything else.
Love, love, love Acuff but not hiding my breath on him winding up at UK with Cal gone.

Talking with friend who has seen both Adidas Circuit/Nike EYBL this spring, some guys who are really jumping out with dominant performances consistently or mentioned to him if he didn't see them (some no brainers-others are new names)

Tyran Stokes and AJ Dybantsa

Will Riley

Chris Cenac Jr--big kid from Louisiana who is racking up offers after this weekend.

Malachi Moreno and Braylon Mullins of Indiana Elite

Kaden Magwood and Nate Ament of Team Loaded

Oswin Erhunmwunse and Joson Sanon--both have dominated for BABC--Sanon is still committed to Arizona but some talk that could change if they get some returnees back and he could not reclassify--stay in '25. Erhunmwunse is a fantastic rim protector and athlete at 6'10 who is committed to Providence.

Tylis Jordan of I believe Game Elite is a guy who had a lot of eyes on him at Adidas this weekend. He was a 6'6 SF/Wing and now he's got same skill but is pushing 6'9.

Shelton Henderson and Hudson Greer (Greer just announced he'll be going to Montverde next year this past week)

Acaden Lewis

Jerry Easter Jr

Niko Bundalo

Cam Boozer

Others have been really great too at times but these guys really jumped off the charts. Personally my friend thinks Caleb Wilson has the most talent in the '25 class but didn't like the move to Nightrydas to play a supporting role to Boozer Twins and think that has some recruiting reasoning behind it. Arkansas/UNC/Duke recruiting all 3.

Darryn Peterson (he wants to play PG in CBB which could effect how his recruitment goes)

Nothing major but just some names mentioned to me in talking with him tonight.

6. 4-star SG Tounde Yessoufou (Team WhyNot)

Production. That is where Tounde Yessoufou shines. The 6-foot-5 guard from California simply puts up numbers, across the board, each time on the floor. On the weekend, Yessoufou averaged 16.8 points and 5.5 rebounds while shooting 38.9 percent shooting from three. Yessoufou is an explosive, quick-twitch athlete. He carries a strong frame with excellent length. His motor runs hot and his instincts have him around the ball often. Yessoufou will need to continue adding to his pull-up jump shot and his change of pace on the ball. Defensively, Yessoufou guards multiple positions, switching up and down a lineup.

Jasper Johnson:

And they got eyes on Johnson instantly. Pope and Hart watched Johnson play his first game Friday evening. Johnson said Pope called him ahead of time to tell him Kentucky would be watching him play during the live period. Several other schools did the same. As far as his relationship with the new UK coaching staff goes, Johnson said Brooks — UK’s new associate head coach who was previously at Baylor — has been contacting him and his family. “Now that I’m home (from Link), I’ll probably take a couple of visits up there (to get to know) the staff and stuff like that,” Johnson said. “Just really them trying to build our relationship … We’re getting there though.” Johnson also listed Arkansas (Calipari’s new home), Auburn, Baylor, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Ohio State as other schools that are recruiting him hard at the moment.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article288568697.html#storylink=cpy

With the coaching change at Kentucky, Brown has been intrigued by Pope’s hire as UK’s new head coach. He’s learned a lot about him from Pope’s time at BYU.

“I like Coach Pope, his demeanor, and how he carries himself,” Brown said. “I can tell he’s a player’s coach. Watching him at BYU and seeing what he did with that team was really great. They led the country in three-point percentage and three-point shooting. Watching them heading into March Madness, they played really good basketball and played really well together.”

Brown is the No. 14 overall prospect in the On3 Industry Ranking.

Last edited:
Along with Kentucky, Hannah says the likes of Michigan State, Cincinnati, DePaul, Xavier, and Arkansas (now coached by John Calipari) have been reaching out the most as of late. Alabama offered him on Sunday. No offer has come in yet from the Wildcats, but it’s one Hannah is looking forward to earning.

“No, not yet,” he said about a scholarship from UK. “Hopefully soon.”

@ralphdaltonfan what is your thoughts on Kiyan Anthony as a prospect ? Seems to be having a pretty good eybl run :
I
I've not watched him play outside of the HS season (LuHi) where he was solid but I'd have behind Mingo who stood out (outside of obviously VJ Edgecombe) But have read where he's apparently played better this Spring so will have to watch him on Livestream next EYBL session.

Talking with friend who has seen both Adidas Circuit/Nike EYBL this spring, some guys who are really jumping out with dominant performances consistently or mentioned to him if he didn't see them (some no brainers-others are new names)

Tyran Stokes and AJ Dybantsa

Will Riley

Chris Cenac Jr--big kid from Louisiana who is racking up offers after this weekend.

Malachi Moreno and Braylon Mullins of Indiana Elite

Kaden Magwood and Nate Ament of Team Loaded

Oswin Erhunmwunse and Joson Sanon--both have dominated for BABC--Sanon is still committed to Arizona but some talk that could change if they get some returnees back and he could not reclassify--stay in '25. Erhunmwunse is a fantastic rim protector and athlete at 6'10 who is committed to Providence.

Tylis Jordan of I believe Game Elite is a guy who had a lot of eyes on him at Adidas this weekend. He was a 6'6 SF/Wing and now he's got same skill but is pushing 6'9.

Shelton Henderson and Hudson Greer (Greer just announced he'll be going to Montverde next year this past week)

Acaden Lewis

Jerry Easter Jr

Niko Bundalo

Cam Boozer

Others have been really great too at times but these guys really jumped off the charts. Personally my friend thinks Caleb Wilson has the most talent in the '25 class but didn't like the move to Nightrydas to play a supporting role to Boozer Twins and think that has some recruiting reasoning behind it. Arkansas/UNC/Duke recruiting all 3.

Darryn Peterson (he wants to play PG in CBB which could effect how his recruitment goes)

Nothing major but just some names mentioned to me in talking with him tonight.
Saw where Hudson Greer has been talking to Brooks a lot. Said he is wanting to hear from Pope.

I hope Pope reaches out… I’m a big fan of Greer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT