ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Pope offers Dybantsa.❤️
Mark Pope is here (in Indianapolis at EYBL Session III), he told me he’d be here,” the five-star wing said. “He called my dad, I hopped on the phone with them and we had a little chat. When we hopped on the call, I received the offer. … I had (John) Calipari first, and now, I’ve been re-offered by Pope.”

Rdf, are you hearing any rumblings about the 25 class with this staff?
Not yet--have to talk with friend after this weekend-he's talked with Hart and Brooks and briefly with Pope. Was told they were really going to evaluate the PG position this weekend at Live Events. They've seen a ton of them already--be it on Puma Circuit-Flemings, Adidas (Magwood and Mikel Brown) or Nike--Johnson, Easter Jr, Crowe Jr ('26) and McCoy '26.

I think we get malachi moreno and with him and garrison we'll be more than set in the middle. So the next big key is the pg position, so it is encouraging that they are looking at a wide net, it seems like. So they'll rank them internally and start moving on them. I wonder what position they are viewing jasper johnson?

Nice!

Isiah Harwell ‘Didn’t Really Have An Interest in Utah Schools’

When Mark Pope was at BYU, he was making an effort to recruit Isiah Harwell, but it wasn’t a likely destination. Prior to Pope’s hire at Kentucky, Ron says Isiah’s favorite schools were North Carolina, Gonzaga, Texas, Baylor, and Houston.

“Isiah didn’t really have an interest in the Utah schools at the time,” he said. “The recruiting from BYU and all Utah schools was little.”

I was there today. Dybantsa didn't have a good second game. Seemed to not like the physical play of the opposing team at all. Hopefully it was a one off. Tyran Stokes looked much better.
I'm a big Stokes fan. He's was definitely rough around the edges but is getting better and better. He can be as good as he wants to be.

I'm a big Stokes fan. He's was definitely rough around the edges but is getting better and better. He can be as good as he wants to be.
Kid is a specimen. Jasper didn't look great today either. Bryce James had a good first game but played more like himself (not good) in the second one. City Rocks is a super fun team to watch. Soldiers came back and beat them, but their guard (#11) is legit.

Reactions: Smashcat
So this implies all the recruiting coaches will have seen the top players in person. Moreno and Peterson will all get the thumbs up. I wonder if Magwood will draw the same opinion. I suppose jasper Johnson will too, but I just don't know his best position. Like to listen in on their discussions next week back in Lexington after dealing with Lanier. Instead we'll sleuth from afar.

Is Brooks considered the number 2 assistant? I'm wondering why pope and hart are traveling together. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I don't see this as a huge summer for Pope when it comes to the guys who will be seniors. He's had too much ground to make up. I think the bigger thing to watch for is how hard and successfully he recruits that next class of incoming juniors.

Can he land elite high schoolers? That will be the thing all of BBN will be watching for the most.

I don't see this as a huge summer for Pope when it comes to the guys who will be seniors. He's had too much ground to make up. I think the bigger thing to watch for is how hard and successfully he recruits that next class of incoming juniors.

Can he land elite high schoolers? That will be the thing all of BBN will be watching for the most.
For ‘24, I think he should zero in on the homegrown talent. If he can get Johnson, Moreno, and Magwood it would be a good haul considering the circumstances. Get those three locked up and then take a shot at an elite player or two to round out the class.

I think Pope will sign a top 5 class--just not as many numbers as usual but a chance to sign a top 5 class is easily attainable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT