ADVERTISEMENT

NFL DRAFT

justin_uk_5

Junior
Gold Member
May 26, 2007
I don't know much about team needs or the best overall players in this years draft. I'm going to sit and watch it tonight and was curious what I should look for and who my fellow Bengal fans are hoping they draft.

Titan fan here. I'm cautiously excited. If Mariota becomes an elite QB then fantastic. I feel that we squandered an opportunity to drastically improve the team as a whole. Instead it feels like we took a bit of a square peg just to take a QB. He's got massive potential but the fit makes you very nervous.

I think most of the picks have been predictable so far. I like mariota but I think it's risky not trading him

I was hoping Bud was gonna get that 8th spot. Dammit. I don't want to watch this draft anymore. The only reason I am is because of Bud.

Was really hoping Bud would be Top 10. Hopefully he stays in the Top 15-20 atleast.

I turned it off. I assume Bud hasn't been picked yet? What pick is it now?

The titans turned down two 1st rounders, 3rd Rounder, Fletcher Cox, Boykin and Kendricks. Holy hell that's a lot

The titans turned down two 1st rounders, 3rd Rounder, Fletcher Cox, Boykin and Kendricks. Holy hell that's a lot
I'm a huge Titans fan and I can't believe we turned this down. I'm no GM but I feel like this would have improved our team drastically. I like Mariota and hope he turns out good! I'm tired of seeing the Titans stink up the place.

I wonder if the 2 first rd picks included the 2016 pick or something else. That pick would be huge. It would allow you the ability to get a QB next yr if Mettenberger didn't show well.

Still the draft isn't over yet so who knows. When dealing with trading existing players you have to get physicals, make contracts, etc. There's no way to get that done in 10' during the pick. There may be a deal in place where they get this done overnight or in the next few days.

Have to watch who Philly chooses. If they choose someone that's a bit puzzling for them but makes sense for Tennessee then it could mean something.

For those interested, # of draft picks over the last 10 years (post probation period for Cats) for the current SEC East teams:

*Georgia - 55 (5.5 per year)
**Florida - 52
South Carolina - 35
***Tennessee - 31
Missouri - 28
Vanderbilt - 15
Kentucky - 15

* - 87 over last 15 years, tops in SEC East, and 11 more than Alabama
** - Led SEC East this year with 8 draft picks
*** - Zero in 2015, 1st time shutout in over 50 years

I've always thought the draft was a better elite talent evaluator than the # of 4 or 5-star guys in ratings services. This clearly shows where the Cats stand in the SEC East and where they need to climb to start competing for a division title (is there a team in the division that has done less with more than the Bulldogs?).

ADVERTISEMENT