ADVERTISEMENT

Newman vs. UK next year

SituationBlue

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm assuming the University of Mississippi State will be rolling through Lexington next year. Since the basket widens by a margin of 50 for opponents when they come to Rupp, what's the early scoring line for Newman next year.. +/- 50?

I couldn't care less how many he scores. It won't be enough for that garbage team to win. At least he'll get to be the man and play the point though.

It will be interesting to see how many times Ulis can cause him to turn the ball over. I hope he can make a few steals on "The Man".

I think that Newman loves UK and that is why he is going to MSU
Cats will get a lot tougher competition in the SEC and will be much better prepared to get #9

Reactions: crawfords corner
He'll get his, his team will get thumped, and like most of America we'll forget all about him soon afterwards until the NBA Draft.

Hopefully our luck during this recruiting period changes and we soon land Murray and Mulder and forget about Newman long before that.

It would have been nice to have another perimeter scorer, but he obviously wants to play PG, and there is no room for a third one at UK. I look forward to his matchups against Ulis and Briscoe.

Reactions: Brando Mac
We care to much about other player's. So what he is staying home no issue's. He will be fine at Miss St. I'm glad he went there and hope Howland can make a difference at St and start getting top recruits to compete in the SEC because we need new rivals and top competition in our league. Congrats Newman and to coach Howland for making a splash.

Reactions: Graves51
Good for SEC, not so good for us . . . needed scoring opportunity lost . . . onward and upward we have more targets still on the board.

And yes, we will stomp them!

Reactions: DJtheJayhawk
MSU should have to travel to Lexington this year. Their Athletic Dept. is going to go all out to try and get a home and home with UK next year or just another home game. The game they hosted this year against UK was ruined by weather and there were more UK fans there than Bulldog fans. Now the one year they will have Newman and they are supposed to play UK in Lexington. It will be interesting to watch them try to manuevre themselves into a home game since we're the only game they make any meaningful money on.

Do we have a precedent of a kid that Calipari went all-in after and then played us (well) the following year?

Alexander/Oubre at Kansas last year - they didn't do a whole lot
Isaiah Austin? He didn't play that well against us his 1st year, although his team still won.

It's hard to find some good examples because (1) Cal hasn't struck out very often, and (2) when he has the kid has usually committed to a team we didn't end up playing.

Here's my prediction for MSU's offense next year. Newman dribbles up the floor, jacks up a 3, Newman dribbles up the floor, forces the ball into the lane, throws up a wild shot, Newman shoots, Newman shoots again.

Based on the all star games I watched him in, that's what he does. If he's hitting you're in business. If he's missing, he's still shooting if the ball is in his hands. That's what I saw. Lots of shots. Few makes. Few passes.

I think Calipari could have got him playing team ball but if he's not reigned in a bit and made to share the ball and run a team, he won't make it far.

MSU should have to travel to Lexington this year. Their Athletic Dept. is going to go all out to try and get a home and home with UK next year or just another home game. The game they hosted this year against UK was ruined by weather and there were more UK fans there than Bulldog fans. Now the one year they will have Newman and they are supposed to play UK in Lexington. It will be interesting to watch them try to manuevre themselves into a home game since we're the only game they make any meaningful money on.
The conference sets the conference schedules, not the teams.

The UK at MSU game THIS YEAR was ruined, regardless of whether, because UK was stacked and MSU was pure trash. It has been this way for a few years.

For the love of the SEC Bulldogs, get your shit together.

The UK at MSU game THIS YEAR was ruined, regardless of whether, because UK was stacked and MSU was pure trash. It has been this way for a few years.

For the love of the SEC Bulldogs, get your shit together.
Regardless of whether......what?

Newman is no Pete Maravich and will be playing with less talent. Maravich was unstoppable,always scored his points,yet LSU could never beat us. Maravich was an amazing player to watch. One of the best.

ADVERTISEMENT