ADVERTISEMENT

New Star Wars Trailer Released

this will be the biggest opening weekend of any film in history, right?

Star Wars has a massive international audience and obviously the US marketing has been stellar so far.

I thought the 2 most recent Star Trek's were great and JJA did those. I have to believe this one is going to blow me away.

Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:

Exactly. They made it perfectly clear that none of the stuff that came after in the EU has actually happened in the "movie universe."

Which is honestly fine by me, as the EU turned into a seriously convoluted mess after a while.
Yep.

The Timothy Zahn books were fantastic, but it went off the rails very quickly.

Originally posted by jamo0001:
this will be the biggest opening weekend of any film in history, right?
Probably not. The current record is the Avengers at $207M (the next one could top that). The biggest opening for a film in December is just $84M (the first Hobbit). It's tough in December with the holidays to get everyone on that first weekend. That being said, it should have phenomenal legs and could make a run at the highest grossing film of all time. Avatar opened to "just" $77 million, but it's legs were great with small percentage drops in subsequent weekends. The Lord of the Rings films were all similar with great, but not record breaking openings, but great legs.

There better be a freaking Ewok and Jawa in this or I'm going to be disappointed.

while i understand that December openings have limited ceilings due to weather, etc., the idea that this movie won't top The Avengers strikes me as unbelievable. The marketing for the latest Star Wars film has been the most-discussed campaign since Cloverfield, IMO, and likely since the original LOTR debuts.

while i understand that December openings have limited ceilings due to weather, etc., the idea that this movie won't top The Avengers strikes me as unbelievable. The marketing for the latest Star Wars film has been the most-discussed campaign since Cloverfield, IMO, and likely since the original LOTR debuts.
Avengers also gets a boost from 3D tickets sales. As far as we know, The Force Awakens won't be in 3D. I really don't think it has a chance of beating the Avengers (or Avengers 2) in the opening weekend. In terms of total box office when it's all said and done, I think it has a legit chance.

If Star Wars doesn't go 3D I will be highly impressed... That is a very un-Disney like thing for them to do.

I hope this gets full IMAX attention which I'm sure it will.

Originally posted by Kramer318:
If Star Wars doesn't go 3D I will be highly impressed... That is a very un-Disney like thing for them to do.

I hope this gets full IMAX attention which I'm sure it will.
They shot one sequence with IMAX cameras.

How many times can they make the same movie?

Uhh.. Yeah.. Rewatching the trailer and it has the movie being shown in REAL3D and IMAX3D at the end..

So yeah... It's a 3D movie... Meaning... $$$$$$$$

This post was edited on 4/17 12:38 AM by Kramer318

Originally posted by Kramer318:
Uhh.. Yeah.. Rewatching the trailer and it has the moving being shown in REAL3D and IMAX3D at the end..

So yeah... It's a 3D movie... Meaning... $$$$$$$$
Ugh, you're right. That sucks. Does anybody actually like 3D?

I gotta find out what kind of shampoo/conditioner Chewie uses.
Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:
So cool:

ec

This may seem ridiculous or unbelievable, but I'm 35 and have never seen any of the Star Wars movies.

Not a second of any of them other than trailers.

So, that being said, where should I begin? Was there a couple that were made later that sucked and should be ignored?

Start with 4,5 and 6. If you want to watch 1,2 and 3 after to get the back story on 4 then you can. Keep in mind that 1-3 were made 20+ years after 4-6.

Originally posted by bluelifer:
I'm 35 and have never seen any of the Star Wars movies...that being said, where should I begin?
Personally -- and I'm quite the SW aficionado -- I'd start with Return of The Jedi. Things will just make a lot more sense if you do.

MV5BMjE5MTM3ODU5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzNjk2OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

This may seem ridiculous or unbelievable, but I'm 35 and have never seen any of the Star Wars movies.

So, that being said, where should I begin? Was there a couple that were made later that sucked and should be ignored?
Most would recommend watching episodes 4-6 and then 1-3. If you want to watch in chronological order, watch 1-6. People generally don't like 1-3 (although I really like 3).

Originally posted by maverick1:

I'm 35 and have never seen any of the Star Wars movies...that being said, where should I begin?
Personally -- and I'm quite the SW aficionado -- I'd start with Return of The Jedi. Things will just make a lot more sense if you do.

ec

I'd watch the original trilogy in order, and skip the prequels.

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:

Most would recommend watching episodes 4-6 and then 1-3. If you want to watch in chronological order, watch 1-6. People generally don't like 1-3 (although I really like 3).
I originally was fond of 3 but the more I think about it nah. I mean that light saber fight between Anakin and Obi-wan was needlessly complex. I've grown to despise stupidly complex fights trying to be too cute. (See the sword fight between Shai LaDouche and Cate Galadriel across moving vehicles in Kingdom of the Krystal Burgers as an example) The whole thing ends with Obi suddenly having the "high ground" after they spent 5 minutes jumping around and balancing around molten lava and then walks away leaving Anakin to burn to death instead of putting him out of his misery making him the coldest sumbitch in the galaxy.

They wiped out the EU would it be so hard for them to wipe out the prequels and let JJ reboot them?

Absolutely watch the original trilogy first.

If you know nothing about the Star Wars plot, doing so will preserve one of the bigger plot twists in cinematic history

Absolutely watch the original trilogy first.

If you know nothing about the Star Wars plot, doing so will preserve one of the bigger plot twists in cinematic history
I can't imagine there are very many people (including those who have never seen the movies) who don't know that twist.

Everyone bashes the prequels but I loved Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Its actually my second favorite of the whole franchise.

anyone find the irony that episodes 1-3 had Lucas trying to make it more like Star Trek with all the politics , dialogue and senate meetings..etc.... then the new Star trek movies had J.J. trying to make it more like Star wars with more action?

New EA Video Game trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

I wonder how much cash Disney is going to pull in from their film division this year. Cinderella is already closing in on $500 Million. They've got a couple of pixar films still coming, another Marvel film, George Clooney and Tomorrowland. And to top it off, new Avengers and Star Wars films. The sheer amount of money they rake in could be staggering.

Originally posted by Get Bucket$:
^Terrible take.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
How's it a terrible take? Minus the dialogue Ep III was tons of fun: it had the best lightsaber battles of the entire franchise. Seeing Vader become Vader was also awesome. What do you hate about it so much?

Ep 3 and ROTJ get wrongfully crapped on.

I thought the cgi was laughably bad. The surf boarding in the lava makes me cringe. Hayden is terrible. Samuel L was terrible. The vader "nooooooo" is awful. I agree it was by far the best of those three but I could never think it was better than a new hope. And yes Jedi was by in large silly.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT