CCtbXHIW8AAi1qh.jpg

This post was edited on 4/16 2:32 PM by -LEK-

Countdown

Re: New Star Wars Trailer to be Released Tonight

Disney Channel?
funny-star-wars-disney-pictures-24.jpg

This post was edited on 4/16 2:13 PM by DSmith21

Looks like a moon or planet to me. Death Star is easily identifiable.

Originally posted by UK_Memphis:
Just marked out. Wow.
Yeah. starwars.com is live streaming all of the panels from Star Wars Celebration this weekend. They just had their kickoff panel with Abrams, the main three new cast members and the original cast and they ended it with the debut of the trailer. It was really well done.

Is that Shredder?

"My father has it". Hmmmmmm.....
I caught the present tense too. I think that was just a voice clip from Return of the Jedi, or at least the same speech. But why use it now? Interesting.

Originally posted by bigblueinsanity:
"My father has it". Hmmmmmm.....
I caught the present tense too. I think that was just a voice clip from Return of the Jedi, or at least the same speech. But why use it now? Interesting.
But it has, "Now you have it too" and in the footage, passes a light saber.

Originally posted by -LEK-:
No, he says "You have that power too", which is what he says to Leia. I think you guys are over analyzing. The voice over is in there for nostalgia. That being said, it sounds like they had Hamill rerecord the lines.

This post was edited on 4/16 3:02 PM by UK_Is_Good

I'm guessing it would be as a Force Ghost appearance. Hopefully not Hayden Christensen.

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:

No, he says "You have that power too", which is what he says to Leia. I think you guys are over analyzing. The voice over is in there for nostalgia. That being said, it sounds like they had Hamill rerecord the lines.

He says that after mentioning his sister though. Clearly speaking to his children or relatives.

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:

He says that after mentioning his sister though. Clearly speaking to his children or relatives.
They do shuffle the dialogue around a little bit so that it fits talking about Rey. I'll be surprised if the dialogue is in the film, but I could be wrong. For reference, here's the ROTJ scene.

This post was edited on 4/16 3:14 PM by UK_Is_Good

Go to 1:30

Man, I love nerd discussion. I dont know what to think.
Ha, yeah, it's fun. And we get to do it all over again on Monday with Batman.

Even though we've known forever that the old cast is back, I still almost fell out of my chair when Han & Chewie showed up. My God, this is going to make billions.

And yes, the voiceover is direct quotes of Luke talking to Leia on Endor right before he surrenders to Vader in ROTJ.
This post was edited on 4/16 3:49 PM by cbpointblank1979

George Lucas is the only director on the planet who can make Harrison Ford a bad actor. Thankfully, JJ Abrams is no George Lucas.

You bunch of nerds!..........Man, I can't wait until it is in theaters.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:
Even though we've known forever that the old cast is back, I still almost fell out of my chair when Han & Chewie showed up. My God, this is going to make billions.

And yes, the voiceover is direct quotes of Luke talking to Leia on Endor right before he surrenders to Vader in ROTJ.
This post was edited on 4/16 3:49 PM by cbpointblank1979Avatar's gross is about $2.8 billion worldwide. If this new Star Wars is merely adequate, it'll go over 3 billion easily.

Maybe JJ will turn C3P0 back into the walking Captain Obvious he was instead of the dumb robot that walks around spouting crappy Droid jokes and puns.

As someone who's loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember I can't say I'm hyped about anything in the new one.

The greatest thing to happen in any of this new Episode 7 shit was Luke's monologue ripped straight from Episode 6.

Originally posted by ukwizard:
Maybe JJ will turn C3P0 back into the walking Captain Obvious he was instead of the dumb robot that walks around spouting crappy Droid jokes and puns.
I can't find the quote right now, but Anthony Daniels said something a while back about this being his favorite SW film to work on. So, hopefully.

***Warning**** Potential Spoilers

I say "potential" since much of the movie is very much unknown.

However, in the books, Luke runs the Jedi Academy. Han and Leia get married and have 3 kids. Twins Jacen (male) and Jaina (female)......and the youngest Anakin. All 3 are very strong in the force. And much of the books center around the twins and their adventures. Jaina was well known to be knighted by Luke......so, I think that's who he is referring to in the clip.

There's some really good plot twists in the books......so, I won't go further.

Originally posted by BlueRaider22:

However, in the books, Luke runs the Jedi Academy. Han and Leia get married and have 3 kids. Twins Jacen (male) and Jaina (female)......and the youngest Anakin. All 3 are very strong in the force. And much of the books center around the twins and their adventures. Jaina was well known to be knighted by Luke......so, I think that's who he is referring to in the clip.

All of the EU has been deemed as non-canon by Disney. Anything outside the 6 movies and Disney's little cartoon shows aren't being considered official Star Wars lore.

Originally posted by Pope John Wall II:

All of the EU has been deemed as non-canon by Disney. Anything outside the 6 movies and Disney's little cartoon shows aren't being considered official Star Wars lore.
Exactly. They made it perfectly clear that none of the stuff that came after in the EU has actually happened in the "movie universe."

Which is honestly fine by me, as the EU turned into a seriously convoluted mess after a while.

Originally posted by cbpointblank1979:

Originally posted by Pope John Wall II:

Exactly. They made it perfectly clear that none of the stuff that came after in the EU has actually happened in the "movie universe."

Which is honestly fine by me, as the EU turned into a seriously convoluted mess after a while.
Disney's is going to be as bad or worse. There were a lot of great gems in the EU.

Meh, Disney's killed it with the Marvel movies so far, and I have faith in JJ Abrams (He's a lifelong fan).

I'm also blown away that BB-8 is a real, working prop and not CGI:

552ffe8a16d0331d2b4d8872_giphy.gif

Honestly, who can watch these trailers and then come in and take a shit on a movie they haven't seen, which by all accounts will be amazing?

It's ok to like things. We won't (can't) think less of you if you do.

Wait let's take a second and look at just how low the bar is set.

Cal had a higher bar when he got to UK.

ADVERTISEMENT