ADVERTISEMENT

New Intriguing Brandon Ingram clip by he & his dad 4/24/15

He needs to come to Kentucky.

Remember The Brow? I think AD even trademarked. BBN came up with this.

Ingram could trademark "The Eyes" with BBN having 'Brandon Ingram Eyes Night' where everyone entering Rupp Arena tokes up before entering and gets a free t-tshirt.

He could then get drafted in the top 3 by the Denver Nuggets.

It would be great!

I'll never understand why some of you torture yourself by continuing to follow guys we're not going to get.
Same concept as the beautiful girl in your HS class you know you aint gonna get her but u just can't get past it till she slips on somebody elses ring, hope is a wonderful thing and a stern taskmaster.

That whole thing sounds like a plea to UNC fans to remember that even though he's going to Duke he wants to be respected as a guy who will still do things for the cimmunity regardless of his going to Duke. Best of luck to him except that UK game in December.

Biggest thing I see is that his Dad is very involved, and he'll want his son close to home. That means it will be a North Carolina school. My guess is that this is a "don't be mad at me, UNC, but I'm going to Duke" statement video.
I don't understand why he would need to make that statement to make UNC happy, I mean Winston NC is in Duke's backyard too. Remember they are only 22 miles apart. There are Duke and UNC fans mixed together all over that area. Think positive, maybe it's to keep the Duke and UNC fans from getting upset about leaving Carolina.

I don't understand why he would need to make that statement to make UNC happy, I mean Winston NC is in Duke's backyard too. Remember they are only 22 miles apart. There are Duke and UNC fans mixed together all over that area. Think positive, maybe it's to keep the Duke and UNC fans from getting upset about leaving Carolina.
He is from kinston, not winston.

Reactions: pisgah101
It's Duke or someone else that's not a Carolina school. My take on why they allowed this interview this close to announcement was to:
1. Prepare UNC fanbase, since he's from Winston, NC...to please not bash because he is not going to UNC (all the best UNC insiders say he's not)

2. Could be that he's going out of state all together & that has prompted the video to prepare all state fanbases that had to do what was best for his future to help him chase his dreams

3. His decision is based purely on who will get him to his "dream"...the NBA...the quickest. The "dream" phase is familiar

UK & KU you still very well have a shot:
-I could see KU selling Oubre since they are very similar with Ingram's stroke being better.
-I could easily see UK selling the best track record...PERIOD...of getting elite recruits in a position to "follow their dreams".

4. He's torn on a couple of schools: Duke & either UK or KU. UK's in-home was a homerun per rivals UNC & Duke insider Clint Jackson.

I could easily also see Coach selling him on Winslow & a national championship. Either way....not getting my hopes up but I'm intrigued.
Sorry, I got where he lives from this post, either way that's splitting hairs, still the same thing.

Sorry, I got where he lives from this post, either way that's splitting hairs, still the same thing.

Kinston is in the heart of UNC country. Duke really isn't followed that closely within the state. It's why Cameron only holds like 10k.

Duke is where rich new jerseyans go to college. Nobody in the state hardly likes duke. It's why there is so much tension between Durham and the university.

I hate saying it, but it's probably either Duke or Kansas. And of those two, it's likely Duke.

Hard to believe the rat has things rolling like this again.

Kinston is in the heart of UNC country. Duke really isn't followed that closely within the state. It's why Cameron only holds like 10k.

Duke is where rich new jerseyans go to college. Nobody in the state hardly likes duke. It's why there is so much tension between Durham and the university.
You all make it hard to think positive.

We aren't getting him. That's reality. Has nothing to do with thinking positively or negatively.
It's beginning to look like we can say that about all these late recruits.I'm starting to wonder if we will get anyone.Maybe Mulder but none of the elite guys.

It's beginning to look like we can say that about all these late recruits.I'm starting to wonder if we will get anyone.Maybe Mulder but none of the elite guys.
If we don't get mulder, this will officially go down as the worst month in UK basketball history.

For whatever reason, it never seemed to me that Cal had any high interest in Brown.; at least based on everything that's been written about it.

Seems this class, more than any other I can remember, had their schools almost predetermined the last few years; including our early commits. We only had a realistic chance at a handful of players, beyond those already committed. But we all thought Cal was so incredible, hed just sign everyone.

1 player in the 16 class we got a chance getting K Simmons according to the experts. Harry Giles and Tatum? My question why recruit them, they both Duke bound. Why waste energy and resources when the answer is going to be no. I would love to hear some insight!

You all make it hard to think positive.
The
tumblr_lf5h51aMmH1qazn6h.gif
are out in force. Misery loves company.

Duke is very popular in NC, 2nd to Carolina.

I didn't take anything away from the video. I thought he was going to Duke and still feel that way.

this is not really true anymore.. Use to maybe but duke fans are growing up here now.. It's getting a lot closet then it once was which is awesome to me because it was so lopsided it was sad lol

this is not really true anymore.. Use to maybe but duke fans are growing up here now.. It's getting a lot closet then it once was which is awesome to me because it was so lopsided it was sad lol
Closet? Was that a Freudian slip?

The state is UNC country...with NC state 2nd and Duke 3rd in fan support...even though Duke/UNC are only 8 miles apart...Duke gets about 15 % of the fan support in state,.Duke is tiny 6200 students/Kinston I would bet is 90% UNC and the high school is a power and the kids always go to UNC...seems a lock he is Duke bound though...he grew up a Duke fan...In 2 weeks Duke has gone from 23 or so in the rankings to around 4 with Thorton and Ingram

If we can get Brown, I won't sweat losing Ingram at all. And while it won't be a 3, if we get Diallo or Murray, I won't sweat it either.

While I think he ends up at Duke, if he is making the best choice for him, he will pick UK. Look, he will get to the league regardless of the school he picks in his list, but at UK, he will get exposure and a following that he simply won't get at Duke or anyone else on his list. His future value will be exponentially higher if he attends UK, due to the fanbase. And no one puts more players in the league than Cal. Even this year when K will put 3 guys in the first round, and possible 4 total, Cal will put 4 guys possibly in the lottery, and 7 total. If you look at the numbers, it isn't even close between Cal and everybody else. For this reason, I don't think he will make the business decision, he will make the heart decision, and stay home to play for Duke. Not to mention, how many really good wings does Duke have already? 2-3, that he will undoubtedly have to split time with, including a returning starter at his position of SF. UK has more minutes and exposure for him, but I think he will pick Duke.

Strange that we aren't getting a leak on this kid. I know most expect him to pick duke and several writers have pontificated as much, but usually there is a relatively definitive leak by the morning of the announcement.

UK is always in the picture-maybe in the lower left hand corner but we are still alive-I never will give up as long as Cal is doing the selling. You have to bet on Duke but sometimes a dark horse wins?

Strange that we aren't getting a leak on this kid. I know most expect him to pick duke and several writers have pontificated as much, but usually there is a relatively definitive leak by the morning of the announcement.
Closer than you think.

In 8 hours, Brandon Ingram will be announcing that he will be going to Duke, despite what he said in the video.
If I'm wrong, I'll happily accept the flak as we'll be bringing in an elite SF, but don't count on it.

In 8 hours, Brandon Ingram will be announcing that he will be going to Duke, despite what he said in the video.
If I'm wrong, I'll happily accept the flak as we'll be bringing in an elite SF, but don't count on it.
I think you are very safe.People are dreaming to think we are getting Ingram.Next they will dream we are getting Jaylen Bown but that won't happen either.

We haven't had much luck with North Carolina kids before and since John Wall. I doubt that trend changes today.

I agree with Matt Jones. There is a good possibility that we strike out on all these guys left on the board. Even if we do manage to get one or two of these guys,the development of Derek Willis is going to be huge for the success of next years team.

ADVERTISEMENT