ADVERTISEMENT

New Intriguing Brandon Ingram clip by he & his dad 4/24/15

gracetoyou

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Watch it all & listen closely. Then ask yourself if it's meltdown control for the home schools or a home school. Ingram's last sentence really makes me think his decision is purely business. It's worth a watch:

I think he's talking about making this decision based on the team that will best get him to the NBA. this was his last sentence.

He's going to duke. He thinks K is now the leader as far as producing OAD talent. Any damage control is directed at UNC.

Brown is the only guy left we have any shot at and I think we all know what those odds are.

He's trying to tell UNC fans , Stackhouse and the outhe UNC player that went to same school..(name). not to be upset with him when he goes to Duke ..It's a business decision

I think anywhere the kid goes he will wind up in the nba. I have read where many think he is a 2 year kid.
UK- Space is open and Cal's track record is like no other. Cal probably told him not to come to UK if he thinks of himself as a 2 year kid.
Unc*** - space is a question mark. Roy does not do a great job in getting these kids ready for the nba. He would already be a tarhole if not for AFAM and ncaa post season ban looming.
K- has embraced the 1ad. space is open.
Does he hate dook more than UK?? I think he ends up at doook. Family probably can go to every home game. GBB

It's Duke or someone else that's not a Carolina school. My take on why they allowed this interview this close to announcement was to:
1. Prepare UNC fanbase, since he's from Winston, NC...to please not bash because he is not going to UNC (all the best UNC insiders say he's not)

2. Could be that he's going out of state all together & that has prompted the video to prepare all state fanbases that had to do what was best for his future to help him chase his dreams

3. His decision is based purely on who will get him to his "dream"...the NBA...the quickest. The "dream" phase is familiar

UK & KU you still very well have a shot:
-I could see KU selling Oubre since they are very similar with Ingram's stroke being better.
-I could easily see UK selling the best track record...PERIOD...of getting elite recruits in a position to "follow their dreams".

4. He's torn on a couple of schools: Duke & either UK or KU. UK's in-home was a homerun per rivals UNC & Duke insider Clint Jackson.

I could easily also see Coach selling him on Winslow & a national championship. Either way....not getting my hopes up but I'm intrigued.

Its Duke ... The Winslow spot opened up. Dad mentioned UK KU & NC ST as afterthought

I thought I heard him say "point forward." Which made me think of Winslow grabbing rebounds and heading down court.

Come to think of it, that remark actually resembles Jabari Parker more than anything. We haven't had that kind of player in a while.

Almost certainly Duke. I dont think UK is really in the picture.

Our best shots are Maker or Diallo, of the players currently in this class.

Almost certainly Duke. I dont think UK is really in the picture.

Our best shots are Maker or Diallo, of the players currently in this class.

All of the recruiting experts have said we had a zero chance getting him, why did we recruit him? Why wasn't Jaylen Brown recruited harder?

Well, if we're just picking apart his last comment, I'll name reasons why UK would obviously be the best destination:

1. It isn't Kansas. Somebody mentioned Oubre. What that person did not mention is Oubre's stock taking a fairly large hit, to the point where he would essentially lose millions based on what he was projected, and what his potential was. I'm also sure Ingram seen Oubre sit the bench a ton.

2. UK has an open SF spot.

3. UK just sent 7 to the draft.

4. John Wall left the state of North Carolina for Kentucky, and ended up being the top pick in the draft.

5. Coach K does not look like the best producer of OAD talent to the NBA. He sent 3 players to the draft this season, UK sent 7. Coach K had a sure thing as a top pick in the draft in Jahlil Okafor, and he's now projected to go second behind... Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns.

All that said, I think he goes to Duke, because I believe there's more to it than just being drafted, and drafted high at that.

What you see tomorrow is probably what you'll see next year regarding Tatum - a five star wing choosing Duke. Our fans will foolishly follow Tatum's recruitment for the next 6 to 12 months, however.

Calipari has never landed an lottery-level scoring wing while he's been at UK. MKG was a workhorse, but not a scorer.

Reactions: wild mandu
What you see tomorrow is probably what you'll see next year regarding Tatum - a five star wing choosing Duke. Our fans will foolishly follow Tatum's recruitment for the next 6 to 12 months, however.

Calipari has never landed an lottery-level scoring wing while he's been at UK. MKG was a workhorse, but not a scorer.

Pretty much.

How many times have different people posted different things about Jaylen Brown, even though it's been obvious for MONTHS that he isn't choosing UK.

Again though, why do you think that is? There has to be some reason Cal is not connecting with scoring SFs.

Man, you really filtered this little profile. What else has Cal not landed at Kentucky? A lottery point guard over 6'7, yet averages 15 points, as well as 11 assists per game with the tenacity to grab a few rebounds per game as well?
Cal has landed a high lottery-level small forward, but if we're being specific like you, then yes, Cal has landed a lottery-level scoring wing. Devin Booker, our shooting guard, played plenty of 2 and 3. That defines a wing.

So from what I have understood he's a UNC fan. So why would he go to Duke? He's not going to UNC. They don't have an opening at SF like us and Duke. I wouldn't be surprised if he came her.

Again though, why do you think that is? There has to be some reason Cal is not connecting with scoring SFs.

The only thing that I can figure is that most "scoring" wings want to get their time/minutes, so they're not going to be a part of the stacked classes we usually bring in.

But still, our class isn't loaded this year and we aren't likely to land a stud 3, so I don't know.

Closest thing I could think of was the post-Tyreke nonsensical blowback Cal got as a result of Evans's brothers dogging Cal and saying his shooting regressed under Calipari.

Maybe the stigma cost Cal a few guys early on and kept him from getting any momentum with scoring wings. MKG's form also never improved at Kentucky (I don't think any coach in a year's time could have helped that young man with his shot). Maybe opposing coaches cite loose examples like that when negatively recruiting against Kentucky?

Man, you really filtered this little profile. What else has Cal not landed at Kentucky? A lottery point guard over 6'7, yet averages 15 points, as well as 11 assists per game with the tenacity to grab a few rebounds per game as well?
Cal has landed a high lottery-level small forward, but if we're being specific like you, then yes, Cal has landed a lottery-level scoring wing. Devin Booker, our shooting guard, played plenty of 2 and 3. That defines a wing.

In fairness to Cal, it's really hard to get a lottery level scoring wing because there are simply so few of them in each class.

Yet, even if Booker is selected top 14 (which I don't think he will be when it's all said and done), he would mark Calipari's first scoring wing selected in the lottery since Tyreke Evans way back in the summer of 2009. I'm not implying anything other than the reality of the situation. Cal can't land these scoring wings for some reason.

Biggest thing I see is that his Dad is very involved, and he'll want his son close to home. That means it will be a North Carolina school. My guess is that this is a "don't be mad at me, UNC, but I'm going to Duke" statement video.

All of the recruiting experts have said we had a zero chance getting him, why did we recruit him? Why wasn't Jaylen Brown recruited harder?

For whatever reason, it never seemed to me that Cal had any high interest in Brown.; at least based on everything that's been written about it.

Seems this class, more than any other I can remember, had their schools almost predetermined the last few years; including our early commits. We only had a realistic chance at a handful of players, beyond those already committed. But we all thought Cal was so incredible, hed just sign everyone.

Desperado, Me thinks you are correct in your analysis, but wouldn't it be nice IF it were "don't be mad at me, UNC and Duke, but I'm going to UK"?

What was James Young?

What was James Young?

The #17 pick in his draft.

Booker is comparable, but I'm addressing the Wiggins-Brown-Johnson-Winslow-Barnes-Newman-Ingram types who are sure-fire lottery picks; i.e., the proverbial "transcendent" scoring wing.

Even if you throw Young into that mix, is he not the exception rather than the rule?

Murray and Diallo- that's what we need.

Murray- shooter/scorer to light it up.
Diallo- size and rebounding. Great motor. Doesn't need set plays to score. Won't clog the lane.

The #17 pick in his draft.

Booker is comparable, but I'm addressing the Wiggins-Brown-Johnson-Winslow-Barnes-Newman-Ingram types who are sure-fire lottery picks; i.e., the proverbial "transcendent" scoring wing.

Even if you throw Young into that mix, is he not the exception rather than the rule?

So you're saying that we don't get scoring wings who are projected to be out of this world, rather than scoring wings who are not projected to be out of this world, yet end up being out of this world, or something like that?

A shooting guard who can play SF if he has to, which is what he did here at UK.

There's a reason we still recruited Wiggins after Young signed.

Well that is a wing. A scoring wing. A highly ranked one at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT